Joined: 20 Jun 2010 Posts: 4204 Location: Kiel,Germany
Posted: Tue 21 Aug 2012, 22:26 Post subject:
That is a very long story .
1) dl the kernel source.
2) uncompress it.
3) copy the /etc/modules/DOTconfig-k18.104.22.168.xxxxx file into the source.
4) open a terminal in toplevel of kernel source.
5) copy the DOTconfig file as .config (hidden file).
6) Type "make menuconfig" in the terminal .
7) Adjust things.
Type "make" .
9) Now it takes two hours on 2GHz machine to compile.
10) Type "make install" . That would install vmlinuz into /boot folder and the drivers into /lib/modules/KERNEL_VERSION/ .
11) Type "make help" . Kernel is nearly the only source that has "make help" feature .
12) Check for the headers install command .
13) Create a new initrd.gz .
14) If the kernel default unionfs does not work good enough you need to add aufs to the kernel source and adjust the makefiles to show aufs in menuconfg via the aufs2-kbuild.patch :
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum