Joined: 20 Jun 2010 Posts: 3845 Location: Kiel,Germany
Posted: Tue 21 Aug 2012, 22:26 Post_subject:
That is a very long story .
1) dl the kernel source.
2) uncompress it.
3) copy the /etc/modules/DOTconfig-k126.96.36.199.xxxxx file into the source.
4) open a terminal in toplevel of kernel source.
5) copy the DOTconfig file as .config (hidden file).
6) Type "make menuconfig" in the terminal .
7) Adjust things.
Type "make" .
9) Now it takes two hours on 2GHz machine to compile.
10) Type "make install" . That would install vmlinuz into /boot folder and the drivers into /lib/modules/KERNEL_VERSION/ .
11) Type "make help" . Kernel is nearly the only source that has "make help" feature .
12) Check for the headers install command .
13) Create a new initrd.gz .
14) If the kernel default unionfs does not work good enough you need to add aufs to the kernel source and adjust the makefiles to show aufs in menuconfg via the aufs2-kbuild.patch :