Bluetooth for Slacko?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.

Have a Bluetooth Keyboard that you use with Puppy?

yes
29%
no
71%

Total votes: 14

theoreo25

#31 Post by theoreo25 »

i have the bluetooth symbol in my task bar and i got the headset to connect as a headset. i think the issue i need to tackle now is how to re route to the sound to the bluetooth dongle.

Eldon

#32 Post by Eldon »

I thought that the bluetooth modules should do that on their own. You shouldn't need to re-route anything.

Looking around, it appears that these packages must not include alsa (sound) for headsets.

The following pet packages are from years ago so they may or may not work but it's worth a try. If it doesn't you'll at least have a better idea of what you need.

Bluetooth Alsa
Scroll down to tempestuous post about half way where he says " Here are the Bluetooth-alsa libraries and utilities. "

If those still work with Slacko then that might be all you need.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. :wink:

greengeek

#33 Post by greengeek »

Eldon wrote:Scroll down to tempestuous post about half way where he says " Here are the Bluetooth-alsa libraries and utilities. "

If those still work with Slacko then that might be all you need.

Good luck and let me know how it goes. :wink:
As far as I can tell Eldon was referring to this post:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 002#164002

(I am working on getting bluetooth working on Slacko 5.6 to stream audio from a Toshiba laptop to a usb dongle that has a 3.5mm headphone/audio output which I want to connect into my stereo amp). Not working yet but I will post back if I get it working.