taskbar drive icon

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
frankge

taskbar drive icon

#1 Post by frankge »

Please consider that i have just started with linux and fatdog64 from a live cd. Could somebody explain the following: After mounting a hard drive containing a windows 7 64-bit operating system from the taskbar icon in fatdog64 and then, under properties, a "lock" check box appears, just exactly what will be locked. Does it lock the win 7 drive only in linux or does it carry over to windows?

mikeslr

#2 Post by mikeslr »

Hi frankge,

Welcome to the kennel. And you're forgiven this one time. But you should know for the future that the buttons to post are somewhat ambiguous. To post to a thread, you click the "post replay" button. To start a new thread, you click the "new topic" button. Starting a new topic (a) is less likely to get someone familiar with the puppy version you're using to be aware of your situation; (b) adds to the chaos already endemic on a forum which discusses multiple puplets, applications and caters to users with multiple levels of experience; (c) makes it difficult for future members in a similar situation to find relevant discusssions; and so (d) is considered, rude.

That said, although I'm not running FatDog, I think "lock" means that the drive/partition has been opend "read-only." You can access the files, but not edit them, or create new files on that drive/partition. I suggest that you resubmit your question by posting "a reply" on the FatDog thread.

mikesLr

gcmartin

#3 Post by gcmartin »

@Frankge, welcome to Puppyland

Trying to help what's already shared by providing a picture for your use to ask your question on the FATDOG thread. See buttons in picture, below.

Here to help
Attachments
Reply options to a thread.png
@Mikeslr offers "... suggest that you resubmit your question..." But use the post reply button this time.
(9.84 KiB) Downloaded 474 times