Any 3D model viewers, especially for use with Puppy 4.3.1?

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Makoto

Any 3D model viewers, especially for use with Puppy 4.3.1?

#1 Post by Makoto »

I haven't seemed to be able to find many model viewers for Linux; search engines hate me, anyway. :mrgreen: I'm mostly hoping to be able to view OBJ models (with some others) without having to load Blender or another renderer, and mucking with having to load all the textures and everything so that it looks okay to me. :oops:

On Windows and my Mac, I've been using GLC_Player. It's decent, but still something of a work-in-progress. With Puppy, the problem is that Qt 4.6/4.7 is one of the requirements, and I've been told in the past that somewhere around 4.5 and higher won't work with the kernel in Puppy 4.3.1. I don't have enough space set up to try properly compiling Qt, either. :(

I've also tried Bonzai Engine's viewer (Java, though it still had a few dependencies I didn't have, and I've forgotten what they were, so I'm going to have to run it all over again :oops: ) I'd prefer a native solution over a Java program, though. :|

Also, Teapot Viewer - but the page seems to only carry a Windows download, and no source with which to compile a Linux build, unless I've missed something. :(
[ Puppy 4.3.1 JP, Frugal install ] * [ XenialPup 7.5, Frugal install ] * [XenialPup 64 7.5, Frugal install] * [ 4GB RAM | 512MB swap ]
In memory of our beloved American Eskimo puppy (1995-2010) and black Lab puppy (1997-2011).

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

would Mesh be any good?
http://mview.sourceforge.net/

Maybe an old version of GLC_Player would need a lower version of Qt?