Sharing printers with windows7 and cups. Not working

Booting, installing, newbie
galicianetworks

Sharing printers with windows7 and cups. Not working

#1 Post by galicianetworks »

Hi,
A few days ago I installed puppy linux 4.3 on a HP t5520 thin client with a 800MHz processor and 128 MB of Ram. As only had 64 MB HD, I opted to use a distro on a USB and after many tests I chose Puppy Linux 4.3. I connected via USB, printer Brother DCP-7030 and a wireless antenna realtek rtl8187 chip. Everything works fine.

I set up the wifi and surf the web without problems, I added the drivers with debbi and the printer works perfectly with CUPS.

This computer only has one function, print server and share external drives with other computers on the network (2 XP, 2 Windows 7), so I chose a thin client, is fanless and therefore makes absolutely no noise and its consumption is very low (15W).

For the printer I have configured samba (after installing it, of course) and the direction http://ip_equipo_linux/:631/printers/DCP7030 I have configured on all computers with windows and here comes the problem:

The problem:
With Windows XP (2 computers) works perfectly, print
With Windows7 (2 computers) does not work: do not give any error, but does not print

Hola a todos. Hace unos días he instalado puppy linux 4.3 en un thin client HP T5520 con procesador a 800MHZ y 128 MB de Ram. Como solo contaba con HD de 64 Mb, he optado por usar una distro en un USB y despues de muchas pruebas he elegido Puppy Linux 4.3. He conectado por usb, una impresora Brother dcp-7030 y una antena wireless con chip realtek rtl8187. Hasta ahí todo bien.

He configurado la wifi y navega sin problemas, he añadido los drivers con debbi y la impresora funciona con CUPS perfectamente.

Este equipo solo tiene una funcion que es hacer de servidor de impresión y compartir discos externos con el resto de equipos de la red (2 XP, 2 Windows 7), por eso he elegido un thin client, es fanless y por tanto no hace absolutamente nada de ruido y su consumo es muy bajo (15W).

Para la impresora he configurado samba (después de instalarlo, claro) y con la direccion http://ip_equipo_linux/:631/printers/DCP7030 la he configurado en todos los equipos windows y aquí viene el problema:

El problema:
Con windows XP (2 equipos) funciona perfectamente, imprime
Con Windows7 (2 euipos) No funciona: no da ningún error, pero no imprime

¿A Alguien se le ocurre qué puede pasar?
Last edited by galicianetworks on Sat 19 May 2012, 10:17, edited 1 time in total.

cthisbear

#2 Post by cthisbear »

rcrsn51

Re: Sharing printers with windows7 and cups. Not working

#3 Post by rcrsn51 »

galicianetworks wrote:For the printer I have configured samba (after installing it, of course) and the direction http://ip_equipo_linux/:631/printers/DCP7030
Just to be clear, you are sharing the printer using the CUPS print sharing functions, not through your Samba setup. But you appear to have it working correctly.
With Windows7 (2 computers) does not work: do not give any error, but does not print.
What printer driver are you using on the Windows machines - a Postscript driver or the printer's own Windows driver? There are problems with the Postscript driver in Win7 not working with Puppy's CUPS.

Please reply for a solution.