Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 23 Oct 2017, 04:29
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
THINSlacko
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 9 of 11 [164 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
rufwoof

PostPosted: Sat 31 Oct 2015, 17:42    Post subject: Re: s533t_with_integral_remaster  

sheldonisaac wrote:
I followed that suggestion, but it still couldn't connect to the wireless.

I had changed the original Broadcom card for an Intel, hoping it would work with LibrePuppy; it doesn't.

I'm back in SuperLuPu now.
Code:
lspci -nnk | grep -i net
00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82577LM Gigabit Network Connection [8086:10ea] (rev 05)
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Intel Corporation Centrino Advanced-N 6205 [Taylor Peak] [8086:0085] (rev 34)

Code:
lsmod | grep -i iwl
iwlwifi               139181  0
mac80211              138394  1 iwlwifi
cfg80211              116254  2 iwlwifi,mac80211

If I can get a module (from where) for the Intel card which works in THINslacko, need I blacklist the iwlagn ?
How do I do that?

Sounds like you know more about the network side of things than me so sorry I can't help on that front. When I first started with puppy after XP dropped support 18 months ago others were very helpful and even pointed me to a 'patch' that I need to add (pet) in order to get my wireless card working back then. I didn't understand then what was being done, and even now have little better understanding of network configuration/wireless connection etc. More a case of a end user in that respect who either sees it work or not.

I have seen postings hereabouts of modules and suspect that thinslacko might be missing a module that your hardware requires. But sorry I can't help on that front.
csipesz

PostPosted: Thu 12 Nov 2015, 06:47    Post subject:  

big, big respect for this master piece, 01micko!
I prepared it from him a variant, in a size of the same size:
slacko-5.3.3YAT(Yet Another Thin)-v1-EngHun-01micko-csipesz-2015-nov.iso 100.0 MB
https://mega.nz/#!VEUCUCqC!6sSV9Z0BFqr2gc6-3_WmigaaKZEYFzmFS5cwOG8tNyg
or
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/811308854d/
What's in
gpicview, xvkbd, openbox/lxpanel, pwidgets, modern getflash, 2 minigame
What's out
pmusic, osmo, notecase, gdmap, viewnior, rubix, xsoldier, some themes
Screenshot_2015-11-12_10_50_02.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   108.37 KB
 Viewed   1469 Time(s)

Screenshot_2015-11-12_10_50_02.jpg

logo.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   39.94 KB
 Viewed   1461 Time(s)

logo.jpg

ally

PostPosted: Thu 12 Nov 2015, 06:59    Post subject:  

mirrored here: http://archive.org/details/Puppy_Linux_ThinSlacko

Smile
Pelo

PostPosted: Thu 12 Nov 2015, 19:51    Post subject: one Thin Slacko for Pelo, pleeease  

one Thin Slacko for Pelo, pleeease. Downloading from archives.org, thanks ally.
namoroka 3.6.28 is the brower (3.6.2Cool
Very nice thin Slacko tuned in Hungaria, wasn'it ?

Pelo

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov 2015, 07:53    Post subject: the best Slacko we will ever had ?  

"big, big respect for this master piece, 01micko! " the best Slacko we will ever had ? Store it somewhere safe Smile
I'm am pleased with your derivative from Hongrie too. The Apps you deleted should'nt have been a big fat. One european country, one Puppy, as a flag Exclamation
I am trying to change the tuning too. Just for challenge of it. And keeping it under 130MB of course.

unicorn316386

PostPosted: Thu 19 Nov 2015, 11:51    Post subject:  

@Pelo: Looking forward to seeing what you do and trying out your derivative. Will this be based off Slacko 6.3? Good luck. Wink
Pelo

PostPosted: Fri 20 Nov 2015, 15:34    Post subject: Thin Slacko ; i just changed the tuning  

Thin Slacko ; i just changed the tuning, ... and the kernel too
But I thought i was somehow Idiot to change the kernel as the installed kernel fit my computer's firmware.

rufwoof

PostPosted: Sat 28 Nov 2015, 01:19    Post subject:  

Good ol' Thin Slacko, with original kernel, tweaked to have multiple desktops (different icons and wallpapers on each desktop) as per http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=874548#874548, running/recorded on a ol' clunky single core Celeron - mp4 VIDEO : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4MbXu8cvE_Wdmx6NjZwR0NRYUU/view?usp=sharing.

One of the few pup's where the full Openshot video editing functions actually work (animated titles, 3D animations etc.) IME

I've added rdesktop/vnc server and Samba server to mine, so standard windows machines can RDP into it and remote control the desktop. Image below is for Wary barebone RDP'd from a Windows box, similar sort of appearance of a 1024x760 pup running as a RDP window from within Win 8

RDP provides full control as though you were sitting at the Puppy monitor, Samba shares provide the access to the files.

Having got more used to running with multiple distinct desktops (different wallpapers and icons), it makes other pup's feel somewhat lacking.
Capture.JPG
 Description   
 Filesize   49.92 KB
 Viewed   1084 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

rufwoof

PostPosted: Tue 08 Dec 2015, 17:41    Post subject: Re: Thin Slacko ; i just changed the tuning  

Pelo wrote:
Thin Slacko ; i just changed the tuning, ... and the kernel too
But I thought i was somehow Idiot to change the kernel as the installed kernel fit my computer's firmware.

Which kernel did you change to Pelo?

I've dropped in 3.14.55 a LTS kernel taken from slacko 6.1.0.1 and everythings still runs great - and it works on our latest PC that previously under the old/original kernel had no net connection nor mouse working.

I haven't changed DISTRO-SPECS on mine yet so it shows the pup as being the slacko 6.1.0.1.

I've got so used to using different desktops for different icons in my version, first for setup, last for shudown ...etc type navigation, that it seems odd when using other pups that have the same icon set on each and every desktop.

I have a sfs directory where each sfs in that directory is loaded at startup using my quick load sfs script. I've moved Openshot, Audacity, Blender and xvidcap into the core pup, along with Samba and Remote Desktop (making sharing and accessing to/from Windows boxes a breeze), bloating it out to around 250MB, on top of which I sfs load another 350MB of stuff (Libre Office, masterpdf_editor, Skype etc) i.e. 600MB ISO. I frugal ram boot each and every time, no savefile (use portable firefox for general browsing and email, store all docs etc outside of puppy). I just remaster (couple of minutes) if/when changes need to be preserved across reboots (updates etc.), otherwise the exact same pup boots each and every time (clean and crisp).

RDP on a Windows Vista box is under Start, Programs, Accessories, Remote Desktop. On Win 8 its a case of hit the Windows Button and type in RDP to search/locate it. Both run the puppy desktop remotely fine IME (and both have the puppy filesystem appear in the windows filemanger (network) ok). As a stand alone the pup works great also.
d1.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   58.7 KB
 Viewed   914 Time(s)

d1.jpg

d2.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   54.25 KB
 Viewed   907 Time(s)

d2.jpg

d3.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   37.37 KB
 Viewed   914 Time(s)

d3.jpg

Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar 2016, 22:36    Post subject: Slacko visit to Budapest (magyar dictionary)  

I changed my opinion and keep the kernel of 533thin. i Use tonight hungarian version.
Webforditas.hu will help you to speak Magyar (not easy). In France we study english to welcome UK citizen in France, but Magyar is only necessary to pay a visit at Budapest.. and to nice Thin Slacko renewed by hungarian team.
Evil or Very Mad ardis icons are ugly. I change that. csipesz version one is nicer than version two (your above screenshot prooves it)

Slacko 533thin is enough and fit our laptops Rams. No useless stuff to slow the Puppy speed. No useless libraries.
Slacko 533thin is the distro to give a second chance to your old Windows XP laptop.(racy5.3 or an old Saluki 023 will be an alternative)
Dictionary.jpg
 Description   2 months linuxing hungarian Puppies : great progress in magyar words.
 Filesize   71.96 KB
 Viewed   687 Time(s)

Dictionary.jpg

Last edited by Pelo on Mon 28 Mar 2016, 23:29; edited 1 time in total
Pelo

PostPosted: Mon 28 Mar 2016, 23:14    Post subject: full Openshot video editing functions  

"One of the few pup's where the full Openshot video editing functions actually work (animated titles, 3D animations etc.) IME " merci rufwoof
translation for hungary : "Egy az kevés kölyökkutya hol a teljes Openshot videószerkesztés-funkciók ténylegesen működnek (animált címek, 3D animációk , stb.) IME"
Very importan for all aficianados of photo and movies.
I install it immediatly from slickpet.

Post-scriptum : rufwoof, can you provide us wall paper d2 please (golden dog) ? Muchas gracias (Europe is a patchwork of languages, and of money)
Second question ; is there an english Puppy Linux (from England, i mean) ?

Pelo

PostPosted: Sun 23 Oct 2016, 10:44    Post subject: my wallpaper golden Dog ???  

Rufwoof, my wallpaper golden Dog ??? never Mind Sad
Pelo

PostPosted: Sun 13 Nov 2016, 13:08    Post subject: Rufwoof, i dont find which Slacko 5.3.3 i changed the kernel  

Rufwoof, i dont find which Slacko 5.3.3 i changed the kernel.. Sorry.
It's an easy thing to do.. Useful if wireless is ad because you can switch to a kernel which driver is provided in the forum for dongle antenna wifi.

Sage

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov 2016, 11:38    Post subject:  

THINSlacko5.3.3t . Fantastic - thanks!
greengeek

PostPosted: Mon 14 Nov 2016, 14:15    Post subject:  

Smithy wrote:
4. Synaptics is still knackered on laptop (like a lot of other distros). Only 3hd correctly sorted the touchpad. The problem is the tap bit and I haven't managed to get it to work on loads of them (believe me i tried) so they get junked..
Smithy - sorry for bringing up an old quote - but what was "3hd" - I have some netbooks and laptops that have different responses to flsynclient and I'm keen to look at other methods to control touchpads.
Page 9 of 11 [164 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: