Google Cloud Print

Booting, installing, newbie
barmie

Google Cloud Print

#1 Post by barmie »

Hi,

I'm VERY new at this Linux thing and was a bit put off by the lack of Kodak Linux support. Maybe there is some easy way to access a Kodak wireless 5250 but I haven't found it.

Anyway...Google's Cloud Print works fine for me, except for the extra step of uploading the doc file. So I thought I would mention it here in case anyone could use the info.

Also...is there some easy way to make "desktop shortcuts" similar to those used in Windows (pardon the expression.)?

Update:
Bah! What a rookie. I guess I have to have at least one Windows (there's that word again.) PC up to act as a "server" for the wireless printer. I don't get it ....yet.

Thanks.
:oops:

rcrsn51

Re: Google Cloud Print

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

barmie wrote: Maybe there is some easy way to access a Kodak wireless 5250 but I haven't found it.
Read here for information about Puppy printing. That page has a link to here, which has a driver for your ESP5250.

What Puppy version are you using?

barmie

#3 Post by barmie »

Thanks for the reply. I'm not at all sure that I understand how to install the drivers.

Version 5.2.8

I reckon a Kodak "Cloud Print Ready" printer could be used with any other supporting PC. Just the wireless access point. I reckon. :roll:

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

barmie wrote:Version 5.2.8
Download the kodak_print-25.pet. You have two choices:
a. Select "Open with Petget"
b. Download the file to a temporary location and click on it to install.

Run the CUPS setup program. It's located somewhere in the menus.

Follow the instructions here.

debernardis

#5 Post by debernardis »

I am using google cloud print in slacko by applying the procedure shown in http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/ans ... rint_linux

Took python and pycups from repos, and git from devx_slacko.

Works.