no flat-battery auto-shutdown...

Please post any bugs you have found
Pietr

no flat-battery auto-shutdown...

#1 Post by Pietr »

Using Lucid Puppy 5.2 - (fantastic!) :D on eM250 and asus eee 701sd netbooks. Neither shows any gone-flat automatic shutdown behaviour, and the only warning you get is a blinking battery icon.

I monitored by clicking on the battery - gives a lot of information (but not estimation of remaining time), and let the asus eee go down to 6,3 volts - well below its zero level, before manually shutting the computer down, Am not even sure that the asus computer's own battery will shut down as they are supposed to do.

Am now experimenting with Puppeee on the asus eee701sd, and that gives clues what package to look for to install myself.

Pietr

n0ukf

#2 Post by n0ukf »

On my Eee 900 (live booting, not installed yet), Lucid 528 always shows the battery at 1% (discharged) on the taskbar when not plugged in. When it's plugged in, once it's fully charged (the charge light goes out), it shows a full battery. How can I get an actual level between empty and full?

EDIT:
And now installed, it still shows me 1% as soon as I unplug the power.

mini-jaguar

#3 Post by mini-jaguar »

I have had the same problem with 5.2.8 on the 701, to fix it install laptop-acpi-battery-tools:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 11&t=71599
it adds another meter, which reads correctly. It also suspends when the battery is almost drained and gives a warning before.

d(O o O)b

#4 Post by d(O o O)b »

I have made a bash script which I run from /root/Startup/

It gives me low battery alarms, controlled shutdown and laptop lid switch suspend without any additional pets.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 316#621316

see the post which follows the one in the link above also as it mentions a one line change to the code (not essential)

Depending on your individual machine, the path to the LID and BAT settings in '/proc/acpi/' may need changing slightly.
Ran away from Redmond 2012 ----- Never going back :wink:
Acer 5332 -- Lucid 528.004 frugal -- usb bluetooth audio