hp dm1-4108au Slow wifi

AMSPuppy

hp dm1-4108au Slow wifi

#1 Post by AMSPuppy »

Hi all puppy people,

Firstly a big hello!! This is my first post so sorry if i have posted in the wrong place or the topic had lready been anwsered...

Im new to the Puppy world and have recently started using running from usb stick on my HP DM1-4108 au. Everything seems to be working out of the box, had a play with setting audio n video resolution, all working great! Congrats on such agreat product :-)

The only issue I've been having the wireless seems to be very slow!! Unusable slow!! I have plugged in and ethernet speed seems fine, just wifi. Anyone able to help me? If u need more info please tell me how to get it as I am a complete newbie! Also, im not sure what the wifi card is in this laptop if anyone knows?

Again, great work on a fab product! Hopefully someone can help me get the wifi up to speed n we're all good :-)

Cheers

AMSPuppy

#2 Post by AMSPuppy »

Forget to say it is slacko puppy Im running - 5.3.3.
Cheers

cthisbear

#3 Post by cthisbear »

AMSPuppy

#4 Post by AMSPuppy »

Thanks for posting the specs Chris :-)
I wasn't able to find the information about the wifi card on there though?

Anyway, a little more information that not sure if it will help at all... I just tried running live cd of Lucid 5.2.8 off usb instead and that wasn't able to find a wifi device of any kind!!

So with Slacko I have at least got a recognised device. Maybe this helps shed some light? I'm guessing it's driver related?

Cheers
Allen