simple application menu

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
Jasper

#16 Post by Jasper »

Hi technosaurus et al,

Observation No 2 is to me most unusual.

To test if you can replicate it kindly delete ".gz" from the pet below after download and install it.

Now if you run it from Simple Memu > Graphics and choose a suitable directory then type something in the File Name box e.g. technosaurus as in the screenshot below and then click save.

It is the File/screenshot name that matters not what is being saved.

My screenshot will be given the program's standard file name of hhmmss-image size, but if I load EasyShot in any way other than using Simple Menu and type "technosaurus (or whatever)" then as Argolance intended that is the file/screenshot name.

My regards

If you already use Simple Menu and the French or English version of EasyShot it's a really quick test.

Edit above: ".gz" has replaced ".TZ" which was a typo.
Attachments
screenshot.2.jpg
(103.9 KiB) Downloaded 598 times
Last edited by Jasper on Sun 19 Aug 2012, 08:02, edited 1 time in total.

technosaurus

#17 Post by technosaurus »

Sounds like a bug in 9menu, but I won't be able to test it for a while. What happens if you launch it from 9menu outside of my wrapper?
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

Jasper

#18 Post by Jasper »

Hi technosaurus et al,

It is quite possible that I have made an exceptional and foolish mistake and unless someone can replicate the "problem" then the ball is likely in my court

Would any tester please be so kind as to report the result of their test?

My regards

@technosaurus, Thank you very much for your reply and there is not the slightest urgency. I have tried for quite a while, but I have not managed to get any menu using a separate install of 9menu
et al.
so if someone can replicate my result perhaps they would also be so very kind as to answer the 9menu question from technosaurus.

Keef

#19 Post by Keef »

Jasper
I've done as requested and get the same results as you.
Looks like the $FILE_NAME is not getting written to 'shot_name' in the .easyshot directory.
The console shows this error;

Code: Select all

sed: -e expression #1, char 82: strings for `y' command are different lengths
This refers to line 148 in easyshot.sh.
Tried the line on its own in a terminal

Code: Select all

#echo "WhereAmI" | sed "s/ /-/g"  | sed "s/'/_/g"  | sed "y/àçéèëêïîöôùüûÀÇÉÈËÊ

Jasper

#20 Post by Jasper »

Hi Keef,

Thank you very much for your reports. I'll definitely wait for technosaurus or someone else to have a look, but there is no urgency and probably little importance if whatever causes this apparently minor glitch is of rare application.

My regards

L18L

easyshot

#21 Post by L18L »

Jasper wrote:Would any tester please be so kind as to report the result of their test?
I have no idea how this is related to menu9.

Easyshot started from command line:

# easyshot
#
(gtkdialog4:3036): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: /build/buildd-glib2.0_2.24.2-1-i386-AScyie/glib2.0-2.24.2/gobject/gsignal.c:3079: signal name `depressed' is invalid for instance `0x97f5110'
^C
# easyshot
# Gtk-Message: (for origin information, set GTK_DEBUG): failed to retrieve property `GtkTreeView::odd-row-color' of type `GdkColor' from rc file value "((GString*) 0x8f7d260)" of type `GString'
^C
# easyshot
# sh: line 81: echo: write error: Datenübergabe unterbrochen (broken pipe)
mv: „/root/124311_1920x1080_easyshot.png“ und „/root//124311_1920x1080_easyshot.png“ sind die gleiche Datei

For me it looks like some bugs in easyshot :wink:

Jasper

#22 Post by Jasper »

Hi LIBL,

Thank you very much for responding, but perhaps this little puzzle deepens as I can type "easyshot" in my urxvt terminal and save my screenshot without any problem and with a name I choose.

My regards

Jasper

#23 Post by Jasper »

Hi technosaurus et al,

Having now understood how to set up 9menu, I made the screenshot below of my desktop 9menu window and I successfully named it 'via9menu' which was how I loaded easyshot.

If I use Simple Menu, I can type any name, but the file/screenshot name will be 'HHMMSS_1024x768_easyshot'.

My regards
Attachments
via9menu.jpg
(3.03 KiB) Downloaded 462 times