ath9k_htc driver loaded but not interface detected

puppyto

ath9k_htc driver loaded but not interface detected

#1 Post by puppyto »

Hello, guys this problem is on the slacko 5.6, I load the driver for atheros usb "ath9_htc" but it does not detect the interface, how can I solve the problem, thanks in advance. I have frugal install on usb, with unetbootin.

01micko

#2 Post by 01micko »

More info:

How are you loading the module? Modprobe?
Any error message?
Why doesn't it load at boot? The output from dmesg might be helpful.
If no errors, try running

Code: Select all

ifconfig wlan0 up
That will spit out errors if your device is hard or soft blocked, not likely if it's usb.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

puppyto

#3 Post by puppyto »

Hello, I first load driver from network wizard, click on in the driver, ath9k_htc, usb, and load, and then it appears message "module ath9_htc has loaded succesfully, but no new interfaces were detected", then I have been trying with "modprobe ath9k_htc", succesfully also, but my interface usb atheros ar9271 keep without be detected, I disable one of my carf wifi, because Puppylinux do not like more than 1 wifi device, may be, but no way, only detect the "PRO/wireless AGB intel", except when I blacklisted thinking that may be Puppylinux dont like more than 1 wifi device, but nothing. Go to see what gives "dmesg" command, although my device Atheros is usb, connected with wire to usb port. Thanks!

As we can see on the screenshot is the "usb 2-2" device, according to the output of "dmesg | grep -i usb". It seems recognize hardware and loads driver, but I cant see the interface, should be "wlan1" because "wlan0" is "PRO/wireless intel ABG" so I can not up the interface because "iwconfig" gives me only "wlan0" that's "intel ABG" is pci, not usb, my second wifi card is usb.

puppyto

#4 Post by puppyto »

Well, finally I have tried with "Puppy Precise 5.7.1" and recognized the wifi usb, and can connect without problems, so although I am not a fan of Ubuntu, in this case, chapeau, finally I have frugal install on my usb of Puppylinux, thanks anyway, I have installed it with unetbootin.