How to use Atheros AR9485 in Asus 5349 Laptop? (Solved)

chapchap70

Up and running on my WPA2 wireless network

#16 Post by chapchap70 »

OK, On Windows, we can cut and paste passwords in network setup wizards.

I just manually entered my password into the Network Wizard and now I am up and running in my WPA2 network. Do not cut and paste passwords on here unless you want to beat your head against the wall. :roll:

comcoco

Can not log onto the itnernet

#17 Post by comcoco »

10/20/13

rersn56

I really appreciated the pet you provided for the atheros wireless device. I know that this was on the discussion group a year ago. I just found it and was very pleased since I have not be able to get Puppy 528 to recognize the WiFi on a new Acer Aspire V5 I just purchased.

This pet worked on my new laptop to recognize the WiFi device, but I can not configure it to actually connect. When I installed this PET and rebooted, the device recognized the device. Configuring by Auto DHCP goes well and I get a message that the "Network configuration of wlan2 was successful". I save it. Then if I test it, I get a message "unable to connect to a wireless network" and when I run my Chromium browser, it does not connect. I have repeated this several times with the same results.

Perhaps I am not setting the profile for my wireless router correctly. Puppy Network Wizard finds this router (Netgear93). I have tried many combinations of Profile names, ESSID, and Shared Key, together with various checks of Mode and AP Scan. I do not know where I should be placing the password for this wireless router--ESSID, Shared Key, or ?. I do not know what either of these means.

Could you please give me some help or guidance. I do not know where else to turn for help. It would be best if you wrote to me directly on the email address below.

comcoco
peter.diachun@gmail.com

puppyto

#18 Post by puppyto »

Hi, I don't know about AR9485, but I have an AR9271, that could not recognize it, Slacko 5.6 and recognized PuppyPrecise 5.7.1, so although I don't like Ubuntu, I prefer Slackware, in my case, thanks to PuppyPrecise I keep using PuppyLinux. Good luck!