Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 17 Sep 2014, 13:38
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Problems with LaTeX in Puppy-eloix
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
abu_ilya

PostPosted: Sun 08 Apr 2012, 05:53    Post subject:  Problems with LaTeX in Puppy-eloix  

Dear friends,

I have been adapting puppy-linux for electronic engineering students.
I added Berkely Spice 2G6, Eagle (tutorial version), PSpice 5.0, sspice, switchercad, xfig (with european symbols) , gnuplot and LaTeX. There is a version puppy-eloix 1.24 at:

http://i.minus.com/1332493162/ohpQ7GbrDb5vZsG4k5CvRQ/dyktdw1AmZQHW.iso

puppy-eloix 1.24 was based on puppy-linux 4.2

Because version 1.24 does not support recent network cards and wireless net interfaces I started a new version 2.08 which I got almost completely working except for two annoying problems I have with LaTeX.
1. Each time I want to run LaTeX I need to put a file latex.fmt (which I have copied from a normal LaTeX linux install) in the directory where LaTeX is started. I guess it should be possible to put that file somewhere in the directory tree, but I can't figure out where to put is
2. after running LaTeX (twice) and dvips -o, I can't display the postscript-file with gv, however after a ps2pdf I can read the resulting pdf

It would be great if someone in this list could help me with these issues
The image of version 2.08 can be found at:
http://i.minus.com/1332493283/zCZk2cvy7SGUeCkdiD6lzg/d5kBBonhwubct.iso

best regards,
hugo aka abu_ilya
emil

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr 2012, 04:41    Post subject:  

Don't know about your specific problem, but sometime ago I created prepackaged Latex (TexLive) sfs
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=74373

I remember that I put the Texlive directory in the system PATH and also that settings are stored in the $HOME/.texlive directory - maybe try to put the latex.fmt file there (in puppy usually /root/.texlive).

regards
emil
TekVahana

PostPosted: Thu 12 Apr 2012, 09:49    Post subject: Downloading
Subject description: Downloading now

I don't know how much help I can be but I'm downloading both the iso and the TETEX.sfs as I post. What are the minimum hardware requirements to comfortably run puppy-eloix? (I just happened to be working on a little file server at the time and it was no trouble to slip it into the queu since the focus is Puppy in Education). Would a mirror help?

I have been running a little puppy-powered torrent server for 216 days now, and have just added the latest Wary and Racy isos. A pup that large would be an excellent candidate for a torrent delivery system, too.
abu_ilya

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr 2012, 09:32    Post subject:  

emil wrote:
Don't know about your specific problem, but sometime ago I created prepackaged Latex (TexLive) sfs
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=74373

I remember that I put the Texlive directory in the system PATH and also that settings are stored in the $HOME/.texlive directory - maybe try to put the latex.fmt file there (in puppy usually /root/.texlive).

regards
emil

Thanks for the reply, maybe I'll make a version 3 starting with your LaTeX-sfs in stead of trying to add LaTeX in the end as I did until now
abu_ilya

PostPosted: Fri 13 Apr 2012, 09:35    Post subject: Re: Downloading
Subject description: Downloading now

TekVahana wrote:
I don't know how much help I can be but I'm downloading both the iso and the TETEX.sfs as I post. What are the minimum hardware requirements to comfortably run puppy-eloix?

It runs with 512MB ram

(I just happened to be working on a little file server at the time and it was no trouble to slip it into the queu since the focus is Puppy in Education). Would a mirror help?

I have been running a little puppy-powered torrent server for 216 days now, and have just added the latest Wary and Racy isos. A pup that large would be an excellent candidate for a torrent delivery system, too.[/quote]
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Derivatives
Jump to: