Programming Links WWW Browser

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
Kirsten-Duarte

Programming Links WWW Browser

#1 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

For Isys/305 I am working on implementing the Links WWW Browser as default browser and file manager, now I have a question...

The browser is able to browse normal folders on the harddisk, but I want Links to treat them like FTP folders, and be able to actually use the files/programs that are in that folder. The language is C/C++ of course.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to work around this issue, or to implement something that enables Links to execute a program which is on the harddisk?

And yes, this looks a lot like Microsoft building Internet Explorer into Windows 98 lol.

And another thing... is there a way to build HTML files into a resource file so that I can access my documentation on Links from the menu?

Thanks in advance! :wink:

technosaurus

#2 Post by technosaurus »

I think links uses the mime types in /etc ... I think goingnuts implemented something similar in one version of pupngo.
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

Kirsten-Duarte

#3 Post by Kirsten-Duarte »

I want to be able that when I click a file inside Links... for example a executable, that the file is being executed, and not being opened by Links... so the question is... is this a configuration issue, or does it need bypassing with programming a workaround for it?

PANZERKOPF

Re: Programming Links WWW Browser

#4 Post by PANZERKOPF »

Kirsten-Duarte wrote: Does anyone have a suggestion on how to work around this issue, or to implement something that enables Links to execute a program which is on the harddisk?
Maybe this option can help you: Menu > Setup > Associations.
Kirsten-Duarte wrote: And another thing... is there a way to build HTML files into a resource file so that I can access my documentation on Links from the menu?
Create a bookmark associated with your local file:
file://path/document.htm
SUUM CUIQUE.