Puppy 5.28 with Connextant D850 9x DFCv modem

xbob

Puppy 5.28 with Connextant D850 9x DFCv modem

#1 Post by xbob »

Could someone (in simple terms) explain how I can get Puppy to recognise this modem. I tried the dial up package but it will not see the modem. I am new to puppy and not the most computer literate user.

peebee

Re: Puppy 5.28 with Connextant D850 9x DFCv modem

#2 Post by peebee »

xbob wrote:Could someone (in simple terms) explain how I can get Puppy to recognise this modem. I tried the dial up package but it will not see the modem. I am new to puppy and not the most computer literate user.
Hi xbob

Lupu 528 isn't really targeted at modem users so it may be that the support for your modem isn't included.

You are probably better off using the Wary5.1.4.1 version of Puppy which does support dialup modems much better.

First thing to do on lupu528 is to open a console window and type dmesg and see if you can see anything to suggest that your modem has been detected.

If you need help from the forum then you need to give more details of your setup - is your modem a pci card? or a USB modem? or a pcmcia modem?

Have you used the forum search facility to look for mentions of your modem?

Cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

darkcity

#3 Post by darkcity »

Some with similar problem here, Pup525Retro may help 8)
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=605233