Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 20 Oct 2019, 20:09
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
gtk-youtube-viewer (for lots of pups)
Page 28 of 28 [412 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 26, 27, 28
tallboy

PostPosted: Fri 19 Apr 2019, 12:17    Post subject:  

Thank you, Fred! Very Happy
radky

PostPosted: Sun 21 Apr 2019, 22:31    Post subject:  

fredx181 wrote:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=1025673#1025673

Hi, here's new gtk-youtube-viewer pet v3.5.4 for radky's Dpup Stretch

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ughxvzrxc0dvoxr/youtube-viewer-3.5.4-stretch_i386.pet?dl=1

Very much appreciated !

Thanks Fred Smile

Tiki10

PostPosted: Wed 19 Jun 2019, 17:11    Post subject:    

Hello,

I wrinting on this forum for the first time and I m sorry to bother you, but it's seems to be the most active thread about GTK youtube viewer I've found after spending an afternoon of googling.
So, I'm rebuilding an old computer with an Athlon 2600+ (barton, no sse2), 768MB and....Linux Lite 3.8 Embarassed (<= it because I didn't knew the existence of Puppy).
Everything works fine. I use Netsurf 3.8 for the web. It's fast enough but doesn' support Youtube.
I tried Minitube, but it doesn't works.
When I paste a youtube link to vlc, everything works smoothly. I got the link with NetSurf or GTK youtube viewer (3.5.0). I can download too.
I changed my configuration to use VLC, but when I try to watch a video sent by GTK Youtube viewer, VLC is horribly slow. I noticed that URL sent to VLC is not the same as this I can see in video properties.
I the same thing with mps.

I don't know how to fix the URL sent to VLC to got it like when I paste it manually ?

Thanks for your help,

Tiki
fredx181

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jun 2019, 11:38    Post subject:  

Hi Tiki10, I wish that I could help, but for me vlc doesn't work at all with gtk-youtube-viewer, don't know why, I have vlc version "3.0.6 Vetinari"
I use mpv for playing videos with gtk-youtube-viewer , works fine for me.

Fred

Tiki10

PostPosted: Tue 25 Jun 2019, 05:02    Post subject:  

Hello fredx181,

Thank you for your reply.
I 'm still searching a way to give the url show in comment to VLC (or mpv) as this one given by youtube-viewer make the player runing slow as hell.

Tiki
fredx181

PostPosted: Mon 15 Jul 2019, 02:16    Post subject: gtk-youtube-viewer for BusterPup  

Here's gtk-youtube-viewer-3.5.4 pet for BusterPup
EDIT: few hours later, re-uploaded, needed a fix, forgot earlier to include some perl modules required for the "youtube-viewer" CLI utility to work.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yuhbwuz2f5b3uwa/youtube-viewer-3.5.4-buster_i386.pet?dl=1

After installing it's recommended to run from Menu > Multimedia > Gtk-Youtube-Updater
(it will install/update latest youtube-dl too (used as helper program by gtk-youtube-viewer))

Fred

sindi

PostPosted: Wed 18 Sep 2019, 11:28    Post subject: youtube-viewer pet for racy puppy  

With much forum help, I updated racy puppy to glibc 2.20 to work with the latest Palemoon. It also works with the standalone cde youtube-viewer.
Is there a pet to install youtube-viewer? The cde version displays at 480p and the standalone one at 720p (most of the time). 1.4-1.6GHz cpu and 512MB RAM.

The tahr version cannot find utf8.pm and it appears to want perl 5.18.2 not 5.10. Can I update perl without breaking things?

I have laptops where only racy puppy or puppies 4 can handle the video (nvidia and intel 855GM).
Page 28 of 28 [412 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 26, 27, 28
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to: