Stunnel 4.50 - for Lucid 5.28

discuss compiling applications for Puppy
chrome307

Stunnel 4.50 - for Lucid 5.28

#1 Post by chrome307 »

Background

Stunnel is an SSL encryption wrapper.

The stunnel program is designed to work as an SSL encryption wrapper between remote client and local (inetd-startable) or remote server.

Stunnel can be used to add SSL functionality to commonly used inetd daemons like POP3, POP2 and IMAP servers without any changes in the programs' code.

Stunnel uses OpenSSL or SSLeay libraries for cryptography, so it supports whatever cryptographic algorithms you compiled into your library.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have had an attempt with compiling this application for Lucid, which appears to work, but I am unsure if I have done this right.

I used the basic setup instructions, ie configure / make / install

but was unsure regarding the linking to the SSL directory; Lucid has OpenSSL Dec 2010.

This is from the Install file:

Code: Select all

5. There are a variety of compile-time options you may supply when
   running configure.  Most commonly used are:

--with-ssl=DIR
        where your SSL libraries and include files are installed

Lucid has OpenSSL in /usr/bin

so should I have added this in the above?

I have already compiled it and attached it to this post without the above, can someone test it out for me and see if I am on the right track?

Thanks for your co-operation.
Attachments
stunnel-4.50-i486.pet
For testing purposes only
(142.88 KiB) Downloaded 481 times

chrome307

#2 Post by chrome307 »

Updated versions attached 'stunnel-4.52'

Have realised, that I do not need to locate the OpenSSL directory/libraries, it will do it itself. In this version at the configuration stage, just added 'enable ipv6'.

What it does need, which I did not attempt in this update, is that during the 'pet' creation process, it should have a desktop entry under 'Network' and an additional entry that would allow you to locate the 'stunnel.conf.sample' text file which allows you to edit it for your personal use.
Attachments
stunnel-4.52-i486.jpg
(165.81 KiB) Downloaded 576 times
stunnel-4.52-i486.pet
(144.3 KiB) Downloaded 534 times