Cannot get sync set up on Chrome

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
leothecomm

Cannot get sync set up on Chrome

#1 Post by leothecomm »

I've just installed Google Chrome 10.0.630.0 using the puppy version from quickpet. I'm unable to get it to sync with my google account. When I enter my user name and password, it pops up a window saying "connecting" but it never connects. I've tried to use a different user name and password and it comes up as invalid, which leads me to believe I'm entering everything properly and I'm connecting to google at some level. Anyone have any ideas?

MannyMangoPit

#2 Post by MannyMangoPit »

@leothecomm, You will have better luck with a response if you post your plea in the appropriate area. This category is for people looking to 'fatten' their Puppy installations with new or old programs. I'm actually surprised one of the many generous experts here hasn't noticed your thread earlier.
I am a lurker (you'll notice this is my first post ever!) who has been using Puppy casually for three or four years.
Sometime September-November i had exactly the same issue as you did with Chrome. Same symptoms, down to trying a fake password to see if it was actually responding. Not sure now which version of Chrome i was using, or even which Pup, and i haven't tried since. I am posting this from a "Loaner-Pup" i lend out to people who want to use my netbook, so i'm definitely not going to try to synch on this!
Good luck!