Disabling Alt modifier for moving windows

Using applications, configuring, problems
caleb72

Disabling Alt modifier for moving windows

#1 Post by caleb72 »

Is it possible with Puppy (4.3.1 or dPup with JWM) to disable the Alt modifier being used to move windows around?

I use some Windows software in Wine that relies on an Alt modifier for various tasks which I can't perform.

Regards
Caleb

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

IIRC the last time someone asked this they were told that particular keybinding isn't configurable with JWM and to check if it is configurable with Icewm or some other window manager. If you were keen I imagine it would be fairly easy to hack the JWM source to remove the feature though.

Interesting... I've just checked, and Alt-left click only moves inactive windows, so I wouldn't have thought it would be much of a problem. But I am using a recent snapshot of JWM - does it also move active windows with the JWM version you have?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

caleb72

#3 Post by caleb72 »

Both active and inactive windows are moved here.

I had a feeling it might have been a limitation of JWM. Bummer.

I don't know if it's a good idea for me to try to hack and recompile JWM even if the source code changes were simple. I'm not really a good C programmer and I'm guessing the recompile won't go exactly without a hitch.

I didn't see options to disable the Alt + left-click assignment in IceWM either, but it won't hurt to install it and check it out.

Regards
Caleb

darkcity

#4 Post by darkcity »

Re: Disabling Alt modifier for moving windows

although not possible in JWM it can be achieved in OpenBox see-

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=605607