wireless usb combo keyboard & mouse work (P2a)

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
kensands

wireless usb combo keyboard & mouse work (P2a)

#1 Post by kensands »

none of the newer style single usb connection wireless desktops I've tried work in puppy (3 logitech ones)

they work in ubuntu, and pclinux etc

in puppy the keyboard seems to work but once all is selected the mouse just jumps up and down the screen selecting everything it can.

the keyboard and mouse connect via a singe usb dongle. (looks lke a usb memory stick)

maybe it's a newer kernal thing? any ideas?

ApeMan

Re: usb wireless desktop (keyboard & mouse)

#2 Post by ApeMan »

kensands wrote:none of the newer style single usb connection wireless destops I've tried work in puppy (3 logetec ones)

they work in ubuntu, and pclinux etc

in puppy the keyboard seems to work but once all is selected the mouse just jumps up and down the screen selecting everything it can.

the keyboard and mouse connect via a singe usb dongle. (looks like a usb memory stick)

maybe it's a newer kernal thing? any ideas?

I have a logitech external keyboard and mouse connected to my Toshiba Satellite (laptop). When I boot up Puppy 1.0.8r1, I get the same problem with the mouse and keyboard effectively being unusable. At this stage I have to just power off since I can't do anything else.

If I disconnect the external mouse and keyboard and try to boot, my laptop's keyboard and touch-pad don't work either, so, I get the same problem. I have to cut the power to reboot, and I can't even use Puppy.

Is there any way to actually use Puppy on my laptop?

ApeMan

#3 Post by ApeMan »

Ok, I was able to get Puppy working with my laptop finally. I made sure to remove the USB device before booting and then I chose PS/2 mouse for my touch-pad. So the touch-pad works, but I'd rather use an external mouse.

I have a single USB cable for both mouse and keyboard. If I plug it in after I've already booted into Puppy, I can use the keyboard, but not the mouse...Any tips on how to get it working?

Thanks,

ApeMan

ApeMan

It works!

#4 Post by ApeMan »

Wow!

I just happened to download and try the Puppy 2 alpha snapshot (March 29 2006) and it booted up the 1st time recognizing my mouse and keyboard, no problem!

I'm extremely impressed!

kensands

#5 Post by kensands »

excellent, as I suspected the newer kernel must have improved usb mouse/keyboard support.

I'll be downloading puppy 2 soon as I get home.