Using FFMPEG To Record Video & Sound in Puppy

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Pelo

vidcap is absolutely perfect !

#31 Post by Pelo »

vidcap is absolutely perfect ! tested on precise 5.4.3 retro. Colors are pure, as the screen. sound working. What more is asked ? Nothing.
After deeper tries :
nevertheless, the file is big, we cannot modulate duration and filmed zone. But it is a good alternative.

ozboomer

#32 Post by ozboomer »

Further to this discussion...

I'm watching a streaming video with sound in Firefox (try this with any YouTube video.. but it can be any number of flash-based streams)... and I can see the video Ok and hear the audio Ok.

Using a derivative of the original script ffmpeg command (and I want to be able to use just ffmpeg for this job), I can capture the video but I can't capture the audio. All that is contained in the audio output stream is silence.

The modified command (to simply try and grab the audio):

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:0,0 test.mp3
To ensure I'm looking at the right audio capture device, I've looked at the output from arecord -l (small 'ell'), viz:-

Code: Select all

**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: VT1708S Analog [VT1708S Analog]
  Subdevices: 2/2
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
  Subdevice #1: subdevice #1
card 2: Alpha [Lexicon Alpha], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
Now, if I supply an audio signal into the "mic in" on the PC, the above command works a treat, which is what I'd expect -- hw:0 is a hardware device, so inputs via hardware should work Ok.

...but when a streaming video is playing and I want to capture the audio from THAT, there has to be something 'software-wise' that I can finger into to capture the audio. Maybe there's something I need to look at in alsamixer or retrovol...?

Any other thoughts?! I'm using Slacko 5.6.4, BTW...

Once I get the 'audio' component working Ok, I should be able to capture the video AND audio by combining a couple of 'input' streams through ffmpeg, methinks..

Thanks for any forthcoming suggestions.

John

Pelo

'ready for Use '

#33 Post by Pelo »

developers give Puppy passengers 'ready for Use ' Simple Screen Recorder, the best one, in my opinion for versions Precise, Slacko, and newer, click here
nevertheless, do it yourself remains a pleasure for linux lovers, :? but FFmpeg removed from last Ubuntu Pupies. SSR will do it, remember :!:
Xvidcap will do the job, whatever the Puppy, old or new Toutou 4.12
Attachments
toutou412.jpg
The best quality, dependencies all included.
(62.49 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

Pelo

FFMPEG official site : magic formulas

#34 Post by Pelo »

FFMPEG official site
Merci Skamilinux (Puppy team hungary)
Ezt most csak hirtelen megláttam egy másik Linux oldalon és gondoltam gyorsan megosztom, mert ez még nekem is kell!

s-kami

#35 Post by s-kami »

Tahr puppy 6.0.6 64 bit UEFI and slacko 6.9.9.9 32 bit- not work

Use -qscale 0 instead of -sameq 0

My code works:
root# cat felvesz.sh
#!/bin/sh
#ffmpeg -s:1280x800 -r 30 -f x11grab -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:0 output.mkv
#ffmpeg -s 1280x800 -r 25 -f x11grab -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:0 output.mkv

#ffmpeg -f x11grab -r 25 -s 1280x800 -i :0.0 -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:0 -qscale 0 teszt_out.mp4

ffmpeg -f alsa -ac 2 -i hw:0,0 -f x11grab -r 25 -s 1280x800 -i :0.0 -qscale 0 test.mp4
Attachments
test_ffpeg.jpg
(158.94 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
[b]Hungarian Puppy Linux HQ[/b]
[url]http://skamilinux.hu[/url]
[img]https://skamilinux.hu/phpBB3/styles/prosilver/theme/images/site_logo.gif[/img]