LazY Puppy 2.0.2 Final - a Paradise Puppy

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
LazY Puppy

#736 Post by LazY Puppy »

It's a bit of a mix of both.

All the .sfs Modules are made from Master .sfs Modules, so windowmanager_vivid_beta2.sfs, windowmanager_tahr_6.0.2.sfs etc.pp. are created from the LP3_JWM-MenuPipes.sfs and so on...

The initrd.gz needs to be re-created separately for each Puppy Linux System which depends on a few additions to the init script and a lot of more additions to the DISTRO_SPECS - just done by doing a manually search for RSH and executing Copy and Paste from one init Script the another init Script (also on the DISTRO_SPECS).

Then there are 22 equal Files that are just added to each initrd.gz, where most are small Scripts. One is a default T.O.P.L.E.S.S. Wallpaper and there are two .desktop Files to be able to switch Desktop Icons on/off if booted with Desktop Icons off.

A special case is /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit which needs to be modified also separately between Precise on one Hand and the new WoofCE Puppy Systems on the other Hand.

Basically when I'm in the Flow it takes appr. 15 Minutes to create T.O.P.L.E.S.S. for a new Puppy.
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

greengeek

#737 Post by greengeek »

LazY Puppy wrote:And I will definitely QUIT!

No, not Puppy...

...remastering!

:lol:
This sounds like very good news. I think it is a "bad thing" when the main puppy sfs keeps it's same name during a remaster yet has completely different contents. If you can avoid remastering (so that the puppy sfs always keeps the same name and contents) then it eliminates confusion and keeps any personalisations outside of the main puppy sfs.

Sounds like great progress!

LazY Puppy

#738 Post by LazY Puppy »

Yes, I don't like it anyway when the main puppy sfs keeps its same name when remastered, that's why I did re-name all my published Derivatives like LazY Puppy, L.A.S.S.I.E. etc. but also my private Puppy Derivatives.

My intention to quit the remaster Process comes from trouble in a few details when doing a remaster first time. In LazY Puppy (Lucid based) it was the pppoe that didn't work any longer. In L.A.S.S.I.E. (Precise based) it was hardinfo that didn't work any longer.

After doing LazY Puppy and before doing L.A.S.S.I.E. plus all the new Programs included I thought about of how to make Remasters more or less automated, doing it just one Time and doing all in a single Process which makes me invent the LazY Puppy ISO BUilder - based on Woofy by scOttman, used to build L.A.S.S.I.E. 001 & 002.

So L.A.S.S.I.E. 001 & 002 were just remastered once from the original ISO installing all Packages and doing all Changes in a single Process, returning the new renamed Puppy derivative. Though, hardinfo won't work any longer.

So I felt in Love with configuring a Puppy to the needs just by a external config File which made me creating the Topic Getting closer... or ...editing the initrd.gz. In between I tried to create a temporary LazY Puppy from unremastered Puppy Systems when creating the Topic A vote for a modular use of Puppy.

T.O.P.L.E.S.S. is the answer to a question by mikeb, related to SARA B. and L.A.S.S.I.E.
mikeb wrote:Women and now TV dogs... what next?! :D
:lol:
and -of course- the improved combination of all of this work done, to keep any Puppy fresh and clean and un-remastered plus to boot them as far as possible configured to the current needs.

Just use boot parameter pconfig=no and the Puppy boots straight to its original setup. If no pconfig is submitted it searches for its default config file ($DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX_DISTRO_VERSION.cfg). Any else submitted parameter for pconfig, like pconfig=monday, will search for the $DISTRO_FILE_PREFIX_DISTRO_VERSION-monday.cfg.

The config file gives lots of options to setup JWM Theme, Icon Theme, SFS Modules loaded, Wallpaper, Startup Sound plus many more. So an almost unlimited number of different Puppy Systems without to do any remaster first or ever...
RSH

"you only wanted to work your Puppies in German", "you are a separatist in that you want Germany to secede from Europe" (musher0) :lol:

No, but I gave my old drum kit away for free to a music store collecting instruments for refugees! :wink:

stemsee

#739 Post by stemsee »

I love the idea, so that it could be possible to create custom systems easily tailored for various family members for example.

I am thinking of providing short intro to linux for university staff and students focused on using puppy. Your system would give an external means to integrate personalisations almost on the fly, which is what people love to do with their phones and appearance!

There is a big win in here somewhere!

nic007

#740 Post by nic007 »

Keep the original base SFS and make add-on SFS's of new configurations (make an SFS of a save file)? I just use a few extremely small save files (about 10MB each) for different configurations. Works just as well

TTW

Lazy Puppy

#741 Post by TTW »

Apologies for posting here and in the LASSIE thread. Wasn't sure which is the most current.

I am interested in LazyPuppy but wondered if it supports my wireless card. I often have problems with the Broadcom controller when trying new puppy variants.

This is what is in my netbook:
02:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4313 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN Controller [14e4:4727] (rev 01)
Subsystem: Broadcom Corporation Device [14e4:0510]
Kernel driver in use: brcmsmac

Is this supported?

A separate question my current puppy connects to my home network and shared files using pNethood. Does LazyPuppy have something similar?

Basically all our music is stored on a hard drive connected directly to the router so it is available in theory to any device connected to the router. Not all puppys seem to be able to connect though.

Look forward to your answers.

TTW

LazY Puppy

#742 Post by LazY Puppy »

Best would be just to give it a try.

I'm not a network expert and the only network I'm using is my GPRS Modem to connect to the web.

Sorry, but I don't have any different clues.
RSH

TTW

Broadcom Wifi

#743 Post by TTW »

Ok so I tried it and no it doesn't recognise my wifi card.

I would try to compile a wo driver but can't find the downloads i need

TTW

LazY Puppy

Re: Broadcom Wifi

#744 Post by LazY Puppy »

TTW wrote:Ok so I tried it and no it doesn't recognise my wifi card.

TTW
Maybe LazY Puppy OS is a bit outdated for your wifi card. Probably L.A.S.S.I.E. will recognize it?

If not, a post in the hardware section probably will be much more helpful on this issue. I don't have any knowledge on network and/or compiling and am also do not continue LazY Puppy OS / L.A.S.S.I.E. as I'm recently building my private Puppy Linux Systems temporarily avoiding any need to do a remaster.
RSH

TTW

Re: Broadcom Wifi

#745 Post by TTW »

LazY Puppy wrote:
TTW wrote:Ok so I tried it and no it doesn't recognise my wifi card.

TTW
Maybe LazY Puppy OS is a bit outdated for your wifi card. Probably L.A.S.S.I.E. will recognize it?

If not, a post in the hardware section probably will be much more helpful on this issue. I don't have any knowledge on network and/or compiling and am also do not continue LazY Puppy OS / L.A.S.S.I.E. as I'm recently building my private Puppy Linux Systems temporarily avoiding any need to do a remaster.
doubt it my card is at least three years old. I am missing the kernal sources for Lazy and then I can recompile the rest

TTW

LazY Puppy

#746 Post by LazY Puppy »

RSH

LazY Puppy

#747 Post by LazY Puppy »

Since I don't have access anymore to my old RSH account and therefor I'm unable to change the topics title to 'discontinued', I'm going to post here:

THIS IS NOW DISCONTINUED AND NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE!

All my work done is by now combined and continued into T.O.P.L.E.S.S.
RSH

the last saviour

#748 Post by the last saviour »

I will use "LazY Puppy" until the "Judgement Day"
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:D :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D :D
:) :) :)
:lol: :lol:
:oops:
Attachments
Measuring up-Greater Fool.jpeg
(84.81 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
My people are somebody who will move to crowded city because I have promised them the refuge in the big UFO station.
Now I'd found at least 5 aliens who live in Thailand. They are from Triangular constellation.

ITSMERSH

#749 Post by ITSMERSH »

:shock: :o
the last saviour wrote:I will use "LazY Puppy" until the "Judgement Day"
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:D :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:D :D :D :D
:) :) :)
:lol: :lol:
:oops:
There seems to be a few more probably, as I noticed the views (DE & EN) are increasing constantly. I assume they are using the LP2 Firefox SFS Module to visit the forum generally. LazY Puppy and this LP2 Firefox SFS Module gives easy and quick access to the forum by entering the LazY Puppy Topics (DE & EN) immediately.

If so, GOOD! :wink: :D

Statistics:

10.10.2018: DE = 404,273 EN = 411,135 views... 8)