GetFlash install Flashplayer

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Mike Walsh

#181 Post by Mike Walsh »

peebee wrote:
TLM wrote:Fixed!

In my getflash-conf I changed the following:
Is there / will there be an updated "official" version of getflash that can be uploaded to ibiblio repository??
@ Peter:-

I'd be very surprised, mate.

You know as well as I do, Adobe are constantly playing musical URLs. Never known a firm to keep swapping web addresses around like they do.

Anything 'offically updated', I'll give it a month, tops, before it needs re-modifying again..... :roll:

Mike. :wink:

PipzDex

getflash-1.9_redux

#182 Post by PipzDex »

Hi
I have this version modified from 1.9
works on precise, xenial and upupee
use it and tell me how it went ...
greetings and thanks

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=117495
Last edited by PipzDex on Tue 21 Apr 2020, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.

RedQuine

#183 Post by RedQuine »

Cheers, PipzDex! Working perfectly on BionicPup64. :D

After I applied the latest BionicPup64 update yesterday, GetFlash popped up to say that Flash needed updated. Unfortunately, the installation kept aborting. I noticed GetFlash was v1.7.4 and that PPM included v1.9.1, so I tried updating it there. However, PPM wouldn't let me as it said v1.9.1 was already installed(?!).

Having now installed "redux", I've hidden GetFlash on the menu and disabled it on startup. I'll just carry on checking manually for Flash updates for the time being.

BarryK
Puppy Master

Re: getflash-1.9_redux

#184 Post by BarryK »

PipzDex wrote:Hi
greetings and thanks
For the record, I presume that the "1.9" is the one fixed by @rooftop, nov 2, 2019:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 64#1040864
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

Argolance

#185 Post by Argolance »

Bonjour,
:arrow: getflash-1.7.4.pet.
This one works fine too but, being a fork initially maintained by ASRI, the release number has not followed the same way...

Cordialement.

PipzDex

Re: getflash-1.9_redux

#186 Post by PipzDex »

BarryK wrote:
PipzDex wrote:Hi
greetings and thanks
For the record, I presume that the "1.9" is the one fixed by @rooftop, nov 2, 2019:

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 64#1040864
Hi Barry
Indeed, it is the version you mention (and the post)...
Previously I had downloaded this package but for rare things I could no longer remember where I had previously downloaded it and thus be able to give credit to the original work until now...

From this version (1.9) I was able to make the adjustments so that it worked correctly in Precise 5.7.1 modifying this part of the code

Code: Select all

wget ==> -no-check-certificate <== -q -N -P / tmp / latest_flash_update / $ VERSION_URL
[/b]

and update the adobe page, in terms of size reduction, it was an idea to just customize it first for my use and then share it...
I hope I have not caused problems with these changes that I made, if so, I would like to sincerely apologize...

By the moment, thankyou and cheers!

PipzDex

#187 Post by PipzDex »

RedQuine wrote:Cheers, PipzDex! Working perfectly on BionicPup64. :D

After I applied the latest BionicPup64 update yesterday, GetFlash popped up to say that Flash needed updated. Unfortunately, the installation kept aborting. I noticed GetFlash was v1.7.4 and that PPM included v1.9.1, so I tried updating it there. However, PPM wouldn't let me as it said v1.9.1 was already installed(?!).

Having now installed "redux", I've hidden GetFlash on the menu and disabled it on startup. I'll just carry on checking manually for Flash updates for the time being.
Hi RedQuine

Thankyou for your comments, i'm very glad that the package works fine in your system...

Cheers!