CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

steve_s

#19 Post by steve_s »

Thanks, Grey, looks great!

Max Headroom

Thanx CatDude

#20 Post by Max Headroom »

Me Present Mission is Trying 2 Fix an eMerald Segmentation Fawlt ( Needs libglib-2.0.so.0 ), Otherwise Compiz iz Working Fine!
:D

Also I'm Struggling 2 get Flash working, I've installed 2 Pets & the Latest Flash 11 from the Adobe Website, Followed the instructions on the Opera Linux Plugin info page re Adobe Flash Player, All in Vain ( Truth is I Suspect the instructions pertained 2 more Generic Linuxes than Our Puppy, Specifically! ).

Any Clues, Please!?!

songzi

#21 Post by songzi »

Thanks for this. It has been installed on to a 4GB USB stick and runs very well on my ThinkPad X220.

EDIT: Forgot to mention - seems that it does not support the wireless adapter (Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205) on X220 out-of-the-box. I need to go to intellinuxwireless.org to download the driver file, and put it into /lib/firmware to make the wireless connection work.
Puppy Linux | Arch | antiX

gray

Revision 1

#22 Post by gray »

racyNOP updated to revision 1 - see first post.

James C

#23 Post by James C »

Downloaded and burned a multi-session dvd......working great so far.Great job as usual. :)

ComputerSummary
Computer
Processor 4x AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor
Memory 3884MB (213MB used)
Operating System Unknown distribution
User Name root (root)
Date/Time Mon 16 Jan 2012 02:57:19 AM CST
Display
Resolution 1366x768 pixels
OpenGL Renderer Software Rasterizer
X11 Vendor The X.Org Foundation
Multimedia
Audio Adapter HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#24 Post by Lobster »

Gray is one of our Puppys smart enough to be a rocket scientist because he is one. 8)

His work is always NOP
(which I believe stands for No Problem . . . amongst other things)

A claws up from Cructaceankind ;-)
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Ray MK

#25 Post by Ray MK »

Hi Gray

Magnificent - many thanks.
It just flies on my 10yr old laptop.

I installed Gatotray.pet to measure CPU temp,
then sfs-loader.pet for on the fly sfs loading/unloading.
then loaded Dillo.sfs and SoftMaker-Office.sfs.

All seems to be working as expected.

What a lovely puppy - much appreciated.

Very best regards - Ray
Attachments
report-video-full.gz
(6.21 KiB) Downloaded 564 times
[b]Asus[/b] 701SD. 2gig ram. 8gb SSD. [b]IBM A21m[/b] laptop. 192mb ram. PIII Coppermine proc. [b]X60[/b] T2400 1.8Ghz proc. 2gig ram. 80gb hdd. [b]T41[/b] Pentium M 1400Mhz. 512mb ram.

kenh

#26 Post by kenh »

I'm really enjoying this Racy NOP. I'm running it from a 2GB USB stick on my Eee PC 900. So far, everything is working properly. The only thing I've added is a few more Pwidgits. Since I'm a fan of Xfce, I appreciate the time and effort put into this build. Many thanks!

Ken

kenh

#27 Post by kenh »

Using the Screenshot tool, I can't seem to be able to capture the menu along with the desktop. The menu disappears as soon as the screenshot icon is clicked. I'm doing a mini review of Racy NOP 5.2.2 on an independent Linux forum and would like to include a shot of the menu. Is there any way of doing this with the included Screenshot tool?

The other screen shot application in the Wary repo, Screengrab, requires Qt4. Perhaps there is another application that will work?

Thanks, Ken

gray

screen grab

#28 Post by gray »

The mtpaintsnapshot tool captures the menu. It is already in NOP but does not have a menu entry. Just type mtpaintsnapshot.sh in the terminal.

kenh

#29 Post by kenh »

Ah, I see. Thanks!

okokoook

#30 Post by okokoook »

hello my friend
i have tried your new NOP version. it is amazing and fantastic. nothing but praise! i was wondering if you would like to share the xfce pet with us? i just used woof to build my own distro, and i somewhat encountered difficulties compiling the XFCE 4.6. it seems that i am missing something or maybe dependencies to run the xfce with menu and icons. i want to take your xfce pet as reference to see where i am going wrong。thank you in advance

darkcity

#31 Post by darkcity »

richardyusan

#32 Post by richardyusan »

this pupplet is great :D

maureenc

#33 Post by maureenc »

Thank you for this brilliant Puppy, Gray.

I have a problem with Opera though as it keeps forcing me to use Google Aus to search and I can't find a way around it!

Also, do you know if Ultra DMA BIOS settings can be used when running Linux? Mine was set to Code 2 as it previously had WINXP loaded, but I don't think this is right for Linux?

I wonder if this is the reason that the fan is going berserk? Is it trying to run run too fast? I don't know very much about theses settings, as you can see!

Cheers

Terryphi

#34 Post by Terryphi »

maureenc,

I don't know which country you are in but this is what you need to do:

You can add or amend a search engine in Opera using Tools>Preferences>Search.

Highlight the Google entry and select "Edit". You can see the URL used for the search by clicking on "Details" and looking in the address box. Copy this text somewhere and you should be able to work out what needs amending for your country. (You may already know the appropriate string from another browser or OS.) You can create a new Google entry for your country by selecting "Add" in the search settings screen and giving it a distinct name to avoid a clash with the existing Google entry. (For example, In the UK I name mine GoogleUK.) Also make your new Google entry the default search engine by selecting this option in the "Details" box.
[b]Classic Opera 12.16 browser SFS package[/b] for Precise, Slacko, Racy, Wary, Lucid, etc available[url=http://terryphillips.org.uk/operasfs.htm]here[/url] :)

maureenc

#35 Post by maureenc »

Terryphi,

Thank you very much for that information. I will test it out on Opera on my desktop as I currently have gone back to Browserlinux on the old Packard Bell Easynote I was testing RacyNop on.

Reason being that I had a really frustrating time getting Wireless up and running and then stable on both Racy and Wary. I don't understand why it is a two minute job to setup on Browserlinux and it keeps on working after every bootup.... But on the other versions it just won't work properly.... Even though the setup is exactly the same.

I have a headache from trying today so will wait for a few days before I try again, I think!

Having this noisy fan doesn't help.

I noted that Gray said that the revised version (which I had loaded) has Imsensors..... I couldn't find it anywhere on mine.

Many thanks.