vmware workstation mouse issue

Virtual machines, emulation, etc.
hunter7

vmware workstation mouse issue

#1 Post by hunter7 »

Hi

This is my first try with puppy linux.
First using puppy slacko-5.3-SCSI-PAE_HIGHMEM-ALT frugal on usb key.
Then tested also standard puppy slacko 5.3 with same issue.
I am trying to learn puppy on vmware workstation 7.1.3.
It appears to already have vmtools loaded and running.
Choose 800x600 during initial xorg video wizard.
The mouse is not calibrating/aligning properly when you click it registers half way across the screen. A displacement issue where it clicks in the incorrect place.
I wonder if I need to update vmtools / remove it/ or calibrate the mouse somehow / or change puppy config files.
At the moment I am googling it and seeing that the issue may be in the xorg.conf file
If anyone knows how to solve this feel free to tell me.

Thanks

marktam264

My mouse isn't aligned correctly in latest Lucid and Racy

#2 Post by marktam264 »

I too have this same problem. It seems like the "mouse's desktop" is shifted up and left by an inch. Also, it seems to continuously shift as there are times when my mouse is aligned, but then as I keep using it, it slowly gets misaligned/shifted again.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm using the latest VirtualBox (4.1.?) and installing Guest Additions didn't fix the issue. I've also confirmed I have the correct resolution and mouse device set in xorg.conf.

Thanks for any help.

mdisaster2

#3 Post by mdisaster2 »

Same here.

4.31 used to work for me with whatever Vbox was current at the time (3.12?), but at the moment I've been testung both Slacko 5.3.1 and Lupu 528-04 under Vbox 4.14, and there is no way I can get mouse integration working (this includes all the tricks I found in the Virtualbox forums, such as changing the mouse device name in xorg.conf to /dev/vboxguest or /dev/vboxmouse). Other distros such as Mint and Slackware are not affected.

Actually the mouse doesn't even work that well with mouse integration disabled, i.e. I have to click around at random until some program opens fot the cursor to get synced with the actual position. Next thing I might try to fire up a Puppy 431 VM under the new VBox, just out of curiosity.