Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 01 Oct 2014, 18:41
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 57 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Author Message
cthisbear

Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 3417
Location: Sydney Australia

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 02:55    Post_subject:  

A Broadcom b43 fix is needed from pemasu....as in Slacko.

His pet has 117 firmware files....yours 39.
I think Saluki 08 had 38.

See my post.

Dell Studio XPS 1340 >> forget it in Saluki.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=75209&start=240

""""""""""""""

And the old Internet Connection wizard has been strangled...
I cannot unload a driver >> b43.

Frisbee is a non option when you have problems.

Don't get me wrong...the old Pwireless2 and then Frisbee were great,
a real break through in Puppy.

But when you have issues....workarounds are needed.

"""""""

Good news....boots fast.

All Saluki ISOs have no trouble on this Dell booting to desktop.

No sound >> left click on volume control.
But now the fraeky sound player won't turn off.

Had 2 resort to Cntrl + Alt+ Backspace >> to kill it.

Now the bark is there on restart.

:::::::::

Only Puppy I have ever seen that opens an ISO file easily.
Please take note others.
Iso master is just too clunky.

After using 7zip for ages in Windows...this is more like it.

Can't delete or rename >> b43

>>>> Invalid cross - device - link.

I can delete the files however in >> b43.

Why not let us have a Rox pet.
I loathe Thunar.

"""""""""""""

Looks pretty....but I'm a bloke that could do with a bit of beauty
so I can handle that.

Also on a side note.
I think it was a shame that you got done over a bit,
in regards to having to do everything yourself.

This is not to have a go at anyone...evil happens.

So in that regard I would prefer you to not have burnout.

Take your sweet time with it.
Give Miss Jem a bit of love on the way.

If Saluki has to evolve more slowly so that you can finish it
in the tradition of quality of Pupeee, Fluppy etc

you do it.

Despite my habit of kicking the tyres in an oafish manner occasionally,

you are a giant amongst men.....MATE............

Chris.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Sage

Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 4790
Location: GB

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 03:26    Post_subject:  

Quote:
What is wrong with the flashplayer?

Thank you for your kindness in this and FULL/boot issues.

Maybe nothing wrong with FP, just the wrong one for this v. Midori. Lot of discussion about this problem on other threads. It's Adobe's fault for keep changing things, allegedly. Details about selection, matching and locating correct combo outside my remit.

The KP - FULL matter has also cropped up recently and was resolved. Don't remember where and how - sorry.

Quote:
I'm a bloke that could do with a bit of beauty

Only one good looking guy around here and she's the boss.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
technosaurus


Joined: 18 May 2008
Posts: 4351

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 04:32    Post_subject:  

Sage wrote:
Quote:
What is wrong with the flashplayer?

Thank you for your kindness in this and FULL/boot issues.

Maybe nothing wrong with FP, just the wrong one for this v. Midori. Lot of discussion about this problem on other threads. It's Adobe's fault for keep changing things, allegedly. Details about selection, matching and locating correct combo outside my remit.

The KP - FULL matter has also cropped up recently and was resolved. Don't remember where and how - sorry.

Quote:
I'm a bloke that could do with a bit of beauty

Only one good looking guy around here and she's the boss.

if you think it is the flashplayer version, you can test one of these
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html
personally I still used 9.0.280, since it works well and doesn't need any mozilla libs (with a hack to say it is version 11.99 so sites wont tell me I need to upgrade)

_________________
Web Programming - Pet Packaging 100 & 101
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 13:21    Post_subject:  

Sage wrote:
Quote:
What is wrong with the flashplayer?

Thank you for your kindness in this and FULL/boot issues.

Maybe nothing wrong with FP, just the wrong one for this v. Midori. Lot of discussion about this problem on other threads. It's Adobe's fault for keep changing things, allegedly. Details about selection, matching and locating correct combo outside my remit.


I really just need to know how I can reproduce the issue. Flashplayer is working fine for me - but I only test on youtube.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 13:41    Post_subject:  

cthisbear wrote:
A Broadcom b43 fix is needed from pemasu....as in Slacko.

His pet has 117 firmware files....yours 39.
I think Saluki 08 had 38.

See my post.

Dell Studio XPS 1340 >> forget it in Saluki.

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=75209&start=240

""""""""""""""

And the old Internet Connection wizard has been strangled...
I cannot unload a driver >> b43.

Frisbee is a non option when you have problems.

Don't get me wrong...the old Pwireless2 and then Frisbee were great,
a real break through in Puppy.

But when you have issues....workarounds are needed.

"""""""

Good news....boots fast.

All Saluki ISOs have no trouble on this Dell booting to desktop.

No sound >> left click on volume control.
But now the fraeky sound player won't turn off.

Had 2 resort to Cntrl + Alt+ Backspace >> to kill it.

Now the bark is there on restart.

:::::::::

Only Puppy I have ever seen that opens an ISO file easily.
Please take note others.
Iso master is just too clunky.

After using 7zip for ages in Windows...this is more like it.

Can't delete or rename >> b43

>>>> Invalid cross - device - link.

I can delete the files however in >> b43.

Why not let us have a Rox pet.
I loathe Thunar.

"""""""""""""

Looks pretty....but I'm a bloke that could do with a bit of beauty
so I can handle that.

Also on a side note.
I think it was a shame that you got done over a bit,
in regards to having to do everything yourself.

This is not to have a go at anyone...evil happens.

So in that regard I would prefer you to not have burnout.

Take your sweet time with it.
Give Miss Jem a bit of love on the way.

If Saluki has to evolve more slowly so that you can finish it
in the tradition of quality of Pupeee, Fluppy etc

you do it.

Despite my habit of kicking the tyres in an oafish manner occasionally,

you are a giant amongst men.....MATE............

Chris.


I'm not certain the firmware update is appropropriate given that this is an older kernel.

I flattened the kernel tree to speed boot (much quicker!), but I guess that messed up the unloading in the network wizard. You can unload modules with the bootmanager instead.

There is a rox pet - check the repo.

No worries, I'm not burned out. I have to get this mostly done before my employer sends me back into the field - thus the rush.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Sage

Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 4790
Location: GB

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 13:47    Post_subject:  

Quote:
I really just need to know how I can reproduce the issue.

Ah! The killer app that finds out whether it's correct or not is the BBC iPlayer & you need to subscribe if living overseas. What seems to happen is that the 'wrong' FP will work with a bunch of stuff for a while but then things go 'bad'. Surprising that some of the guys who've been following this haven't popped their heads over the parapet yet?
Adobe has been getting a real caning recently for moving their URL, changing version assignment, whatever. Sadly, not my bag - I just make HW, run SW and report back.
Will test techno's kind suggestion tomorrow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5463
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 15:27    Post_subject:  

The b43 firmware update referred here was meant to 3.2.X kernels, not for 2.6.39.X kernels. Slacko exprerimental thread had its own b43 problems, due to broken rc.sysinit segment for 3.X kernels and due to need of newer firmware package. They are addressed now.
If and when Puppies goes to 3.2.X and 3.3 kernels, b43 users have those things fixed.

Edited_time_total
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Ray MK


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 765
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 15:39    Post_subject:  

hi Jemimah

Looks and feels really nice - runs extremely well on my 10yr old laptop.

Boots v fast and straight to a desktop, complete with working touchpad - fantastic.

Outstanding - many thanks and best regards - Ray

_________________
Asus 701SD. 2gig ram. 8gb SSD. IBM A21m laptop. 192mb ram. PIII Coppermine proc. X60 T2400 1.8Ghz proc. 2gig ram. 80gb hdd. T41 Pentium M 1400Mhz. 512mb ram.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1399
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2012, 22:45    Post_subject:  

jemimah,

xnoise edit metadata crashs xnoise.
Any chance of the Thunar media tag plugin 0.2.0, I've tried a Debian package and it works
with mp4, mpc, wv, mp3, m4a, aiff, ogg, spx, tta, wav, oga, ape, aif, wma, flac,
but I guess it should be compiled for Saluki.

I tried compiling it myself, but not be that proficient at that type of thing, I thought I'd better leave it to the more knowledgeable.

Here are the files I downloaded, I ran the ./compile and got the message "checking for taglib >= 1.4... not found" so that's where I stopped.
I would presume taglib-1.7.tar.gz would be suitable, I ran the make on it and added the file types MP4 and WMA. and took it no further.
It seem the taglib are already installed but there is no taglib.pc in /usr/lib/pkgconfig neither the files in include.
Code:
libtag.so
libtag.so.1
libtag.so.1.7.0


http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/t/thunar-media-tags-plugin/thunar-media-tags-plugin_0.2.0.orig.tar.bz2

http://developer.kde.org/~wheeler/files/src/taglib-1.7.tar.gz

Example:
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan 2012, 01:16    Post_subject:  

You just need the taglib DEV pet. It's in the repo.

http://smokey01.com/saluki/pet_packages-saluki/taglib_DEV-1.7-i486.pet
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1399
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan 2012, 02:07    Post_subject:  

Gee, that was easy, thanks for the tip, here is the Thunar media tag plugin.

Edit, the tag lib files are includes in the pet.
thunar_media_tags_plugin_saluki-0.2.0.pet
Description 
pet

 Download 
Filename  thunar_media_tags_plugin_saluki-0.2.0.pet 
Filesize  572.22 KB 
Downloaded  120 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
jemimah


Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Posts: 4309
Location: Tampa, FL

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan 2012, 13:00    Post_subject:  

Excellent! This is cool.

If you repackage it so it doesn't include taglib (which is in the adrive already), and split the package into DEV,DOC,NLS when you run dir2pet, I will add it to the next release.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5463
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan 2012, 14:30    Post_subject:  

after package creation to the dedicated folder...use splitpkg script. Found in couple of versions from forum. It splits the folder to those which Jemimah mentioned.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=470362#470362
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Sage

Joined: 04 Oct 2005
Posts: 4790
Location: GB

PostPosted: Tue 31 Jan 2012, 14:44    Post_subject:  

D/l FP 9 as per techno. Unzipped it. Extracted it. Put the .so file in /root.
Still doesn't run iPlayer. Might be needing more explicit detail on how to install a .tar.gz?!
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1399
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Wed 01 Feb 2012, 01:17    Post_subject:  

A small error, Extract with Pupzip in Thunar custom commands, the command reads" Pupzip %F ", should be " pupzip %F "

pemasu wrote:
after package creation to the dedicated folder...use splitpkg script. Found in couple of versions from forum. It splits the folder to those which Jemimah mentioned.


Thanks that worked fine, I'm starting to get the hang of this now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 57 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1256s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0318s) ][ GZIP on ]