Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
linux28

#3181 Post by linux28 »

Hello, I use Upup the Precise, how can Saluki the same can be automatically mounted hard drive all the partitions?the automount? Thank you, pet it?If we can provide a better thank you very much!

elroy

automount

#3182 Post by elroy »

With Saluki 021 and earlier, you can auto-mount by going into the control panel from the main menu and choose System->Mount Drives at Start.

With Saluki 022 you just open the file manager (Thunar) and click on the drive icon that you wish to mount. It'll then mount and display in the same file manager window. No need to use auto-mount in Saluki 022.

elroy

Re: AdobeAir apps

#3183 Post by elroy »

Geoffrey wrote:AdobeAir 63Meg installed, all the apps are smallish, yeah there are a few good one's amongst them, I'm still on the prowl to find more,
though they do seem to be a little elusive, I'm trying to ignore all the twitter clients, one is enough.

Seems to run ok on my machine with usb install, I find Firefox is hungrier,
Runs really well on mine, too. Impressive. Too bad you couldn't package the start-up modification code...

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh

export GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID="xfce"

adl /path/to/air/app/application.xml
...and key-ring together along with a dummy password to auto-activate the key-ring.

Either way they're nice apps. Looking forward to trying out some of the others you may find. Nice work, Geoffrey.

peebee

#3184 Post by peebee »

richardyusan wrote:anybody got nvidia driver for saluki 22?
i not see any compiled nvidia driver for saluki 22
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=72405

For major Puppies 4.3 and later except Slacko (nvidia-glx + libGLU and SDL)
Saluki-15 and later with kernel 2.3.8-ski
nvidia-glx-sdl-295.40.sfs (UPDATE: 2012-04-13)
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/

cheers
peebee
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

richardyusan

#3185 Post by richardyusan »

peebee wrote:
richardyusan wrote:anybody got nvidia driver for saluki 22?
i not see any compiled nvidia driver for saluki 22

For major Puppies 4.3 and later except Slacko (nvidia-glx + libGLU and SDL)
Saluki-15 and later with kernel 2.3.8-ski
nvidia-glx-sdl-295.40.sfs (UPDATE: 2012-04-13)
http://shino.pos.to/party/bridge.cgi?puppy/opt/

cheers
peebee
The kernel is 3.2.8 i686 SMP PREEMPT built by Pemasu.
do you test nvidia driver from shinobar? kernel version is mismatch :roll: maybe it's not working

however i find nvidia driver and got this for kernel 3.2.8
thanks for your reply :lol:

Geoffrey

Re: AdobeAir apps

#3186 Post by Geoffrey »

elroy wrote:
Runs really well on mine, too. Impressive. Too bad you couldn't package the start-up modification code...

#!/bin/sh

export GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID="xfce"

adl /path/to/air/app/application.xml
...and key-ring together along with a dummy password to auto-activate the key-ring.

Either way they're nice apps. Looking forward to trying out some of the others you may find. Nice work, Geoffrey.
elroy,

Yes it needs more work, I've been looking at how to auto login the keyring, it appears that libpam-keyring is needed, this will auto login using the system login, I have no idea how to implement that, I know it's a pain to login at the keyring popup, but at lest it's only once per session and only if a AIR app requires it is run.

If you like I can add a pinstall to the gnome keyring pet so that it applies the startup link, I was just going to leave it for awhile to see what else could be done with it, I should have put a little more thought into it, I was seeing how well it was going to perform and what applications are available, someone with a bit more knowledge may have an Idea how too improve it.

peebee

#3187 Post by peebee »

richardyusan wrote: do you test nvidia driver from shinobar? kernel version is mismatch :roll: maybe it's not working
Yes - I tested - it is a typo in the kernel name in the post - see screenie for kernels supported.

Cheers
Peter
Attachments
capture19192.png
(26.25 KiB) Downloaded 1349 times
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

Geoffrey

#3188 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR G-Wind Beta,
G-Wind is an application that allows you to access commonly and uncommonly used Google features and services easily. Its sleek inteface allows quick navigation of the Google website and its various services. One of the most powerful features of G-Wind is its Advanced Search. This extends the power of the regular Advanced Search on the website by including syntaxes and keywords that are not part of the standard search interface.G-Wind aims at exploiting these hacks and making them a part of the everyday Googler's toolbox. G-Wind also includes a tabbed web browser. G-Wind is currently a beta release.
Attachments
g-wind.jpg
(36.85 KiB) Downloaded 1373 times

shinobar

nvidia driver for saluki

#3189 Post by shinobar »

richardyusan wrote:do you test nvidia driver from shinobar? kernel version is mismatch :roll: maybe it's not working
nvidia-glx-sdl-295.49.sfs does not.
nvidia-glx-sdl-295.40.sfs does work on Saluki-15 and later with kernel 2.3.8-ski.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

peebee

Re: nvidia driver for saluki

#3190 Post by peebee »

shinobar wrote:
richardyusan wrote:do you test nvidia driver from shinobar? kernel version is mismatch :roll: maybe it's not working
nvidia-glx-sdl-295.49.sfs does not.
nvidia-glx-sdl-295.40.sfs does work on Saluki-15 and later with kernel 2.3.8-ski.
Hi Shino

The typo is:

Should be kernel 3.2.8-ski - NOT 2.3.8-ski

Cheers
peebee

shinobar

Re: nvidia driver for saluki

#3191 Post by shinobar »

peebee wrote:Should be kernel 3.2.8-ski - NOT 2.3.8-ski
Tnx. fixed.
Downloads for Puppy Linux [url]http://shino.pos.to/linux/downloads.html[/url]

greengeek

#3192 Post by greengeek »

Is it possible to modify the Saluki shutdown dialog so that there is a choice of "Shutdown without saving"? That way if I have been making changes that I regret, I can avoid contaminating the savefile.

It would be really handy if that choice could be made available at shutdown time.

Dromeno

Streamtuner2

#3193 Post by Dromeno »

The saluki repos do offer Streamtuner but shoutcast currently requires streamtuner2

The streamtuner2 sfs which works for lucid puppy does not work for saluki

Is there somebody willing to fix this?

richardyusan

#3194 Post by richardyusan »

1. how to config conky to make fancy like that picture? the date and time in front of wallpaper

2. in bottom picture is that wbar or cairo dock?

linux28

Re: automount

#3195 Post by linux28 »

elroy wrote:With Saluki 021 and earlier, you can auto-mount by going into the control panel from the main menu and choose System->Mount Drives at Start.

With Saluki 022 you just open the file manager (Thunar) and click on the drive icon that you wish to mount. It'll then mount and display in the same file manager window. No need to use auto-mount in Saluki 022.
Hardware reasons I use Upup Precise, install thunar How do I achieve this
open the file manager (Thunar) and click on the drive icon that you wish to mount??

Thank you!

Dromeno

Saluki debs

#3196 Post by Dromeno »

I feel stupid for not testing this first... But it seems that my app requests already have been fullfilled. Like lucid puppy, Saluki installs ubuntu debs!

It is just that the package manager doesn't suggest that yet.

The coming days I am going to test a whole bunch of debs I'm sure

BTW - does somebody know how I can make Saluki start exe files right away? After installing wine, Saluki opens the wine file manager when I calick on an exe. Then I get the opportunity to open the program. I do not think this extra step is needed so do I remove it?

richardyusan

#3197 Post by richardyusan »

hi, why the keyboard and mouse not work in computer after making ext4 in laptop?

first, i boot up puppy in my laptop, make a save in .ext4
then i boot puppy in PC, the keyboard and mouse become not working!!!

any solution?

thx

Geoffrey

Re: Saluki debs

#3198 Post by Geoffrey »

Dromeno wrote:I feel stupid for not testing this first... But it seems that my app requests already have been fullfilled. Like lucid puppy, Saluki installs ubuntu debs!

It is just that the package manager doesn't suggest that yet.

The coming days I am going to test a whole bunch of debs I'm sure

BTW - does somebody know how I can make Saluki start exe files right away? After installing wine, Saluki opens the wine file manager when I calick on an exe. Then I get the opportunity to open the program. I do not think this extra step is needed so do I remove it?
Start windows apps like this:

wine start /Unix "/path/to/windows/app/whatever.exe"

Better still, xmenumaker as the option to start windows apps with wine if it is installed, under the app input just navigate to the exe file
then select from the Open with, wine (exe), it will then have a menu entry wherever you like.

If you want an icon for the entry there is a app called wineicons-1.0.6 in the PPM that will extract the icon from the exe, dll
and make a png out of it and place that somewhere convenient and add it with xmenumaker.

windows icons will work in the menu as they are with out being converted also.

oliverjames

#3199 Post by oliverjames »

I am having some difficulty getting 022 to run on my ASUS Eeebox PC EB1501, which has an Intel® Atom™ N330 Dual Core CPU.

The machine is 2 year old but I wonder if the latest 022 requires more resources than available in this machine. 021 continues to work perfectly.

I've a notion that the problem relates to the Nvidia Ion graphic chipset,

Could anyone advise; should I search for a better video driver to run 022 or just stick with the already fine 021?

Oliverjames.

oliverjames

#3200 Post by oliverjames »

A question related to the opening request to visit the new website http://saluki-linux.com/.

Is the intention to switch to this new site; I ask because the main traffic appears to be still targeting this forum.

I note also that the downloads link of the new site is not currently pointing anywhere.

Cheers,

Oliverjames