Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
HiDeHo

#3106 Post by HiDeHo »

jemimah wrote:
HiDeHo wrote:Atm I have a query about the xfce panel settings.

I setup a 2nd panel in saluki at the top with my shortcuts and stuff i like.

what i would like to find is the config file for the setup so i can copy it and have it easily restored if i need to create a new save file etc.

this would be most helpful.
/root/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml. Or just grab the whole /root/.config/xfce4 directory and it will have all your xfce settings.
thanks that clears things up.

Geoffrey

#3107 Post by Geoffrey »

HiDeHo wrote:
DaveS wrote:

what i would like to find is the config file for the setup so i can copy it and have it easily restored if i need to create a new save file etc.

The config files are in /root/.config/xfce4. .config is a hidden directory so set Thunar to show hidden directories in order to be able to see it.
All i see in /root/>config/xfce4/panel are config for panel applets. i dont see one for each panel unless i am missing something.
Panel settings are here:

Code: Select all

/root/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/xfce4-panel.xml
It might be better to backup the entire xfce4 directory with all the settings.

It appears that as been mentioned, now you know for sure :wink:
Last edited by Geoffrey on Mon 14 May 2012, 09:35, edited 1 time in total.

DaveS

#3108 Post by DaveS »

HiDeHo wrote:
DaveS wrote:

The config files are in /root/.config/xfce4. .config is a hidden directory so set Thunar to show hidden directories in order to be able to see it.
All i see in /root/>config/xfce4/panel are config for panel applets. i dont see one for each panel unless i am missing something.

This is 22

Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Geoffrey

#3109 Post by Geoffrey »

Here is another Adobe Air app, DestroyTwitter, a twitter client latest version works well.
Attachments
DestroyTwitter.png
(52.15 KiB) Downloaded 1833 times

Dromeno

icon bug?

#3110 Post by Dromeno »

strange: in Saluki 22, when I plug in a thumbdrive there appears an icon on the desktop. But that does not happen with an USB harddisk

For usb hdd's the icon is there when Saluki is booted with the hdd connected. But it does not show up when plugged in later.

and... it is a pity that pets and sfses which are made for lucid puppy do not always work for saluki.

for saluki I would like a working K3b (cd /dvd burner). I know it is not as compact as pburn but it looks pretty. It fits better with the fancy compiz and emerald options.

Geoffrey

#3111 Post by Geoffrey »

Yet another Adobe Air app, Wikpedia desktop widget.
Attachments
wikpedia.png
(18.89 KiB) Downloaded 1747 times

Volhout

BACON

#3112 Post by Volhout »

Jemimah,

Is BACON supported in Saluki (it was in Wary 5.1.4, and I think in Racy also). Barry was quite interested becuase it presented a way to do simple menu's. The BACON version in Wary 5.1.4 was V23, the new release for BACON is V25 (May 1 2012). I recall Barry's SNS was made with it.

Volhout

yerc1

Which forum moving forward?

#3113 Post by yerc1 »

Hi Jemimah and All

As Saluki now has its own website http://saluki-linux.com/Forum/index.php, is it proper to ask Saluki fans to use that moving forward?

Cheers

Geoffrey

#3114 Post by Geoffrey »

666philb wrote:hi geoffrey

a lot of the errors are output from the adobe air sdk debugger. and don't affect the working of the app.
you can turn this off by creating a 'new blank file' in /root/ called ......

mm.cfg
open the file, paste this in and save

SuppressDebuggerExceptionDialogs=1
this turns off the debugger

Note: if an app fails, it's worth trying it with a different version of adobe air sdk.... some prefer the newest and some the older sdks
666philb, Thanks for the tip. I'll have to rebuild the AdobeAIR-2.6-SDK.pet with the mm.cfg file included, any other tips would be appreciated.

I'm starting to get the hang of this, the tut said to link the .swf , .xml files, but it seems it needs more than that,
I've been linking some of the directories as well else they didn't work as they should, this was the main reason I was having trouble,
though there are still some apps that refuse to run, I'll keep plodding along making these, let me know how they work,
better still if I hear nothing then I guess those that have installed them got them working 8)

Here is yet another one, The Photographer's Ephemeris http://photoephemeris.com/

Get it here TPE-1.1.1.pet
Attachments
tpe1.jpg
(62.97 KiB) Downloaded 1601 times
Last edited by Geoffrey on Sat 02 Jun 2012, 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

Geoffrey

#3115 Post by Geoffrey »

Another one, DestroyFlickr, flickr client, http://destroytoday.com/work/destroyflickr/
A flickr account is needed and to be signed in to allow DestroyFlickr access.
Attachments
df.jpg
(61.74 KiB) Downloaded 1528 times

Dromeno

Geoffy's air

#3116 Post by Dromeno »

I have installed Geoffry's air pet in Saluki 22.

but after that... how do I install an application with extension .air ?

Geoffrey

Re: Geoffy's air

#3117 Post by Geoffrey »

Dromeno wrote:I have installed Geoffry's air pet in Saluki 22.

but after that... how do I install an application with extension .air ?
Hi Dromeno,

The air files need to be extracted into a new folder, it's a bit of a pain doing it as there are symlinks that need to be made,
these have to be done with the folder in it's installed location, Ive been creating these air apps in /usr/share/NAME_OF_APP,
It would be better to have a look inside one of the apps I've uploaded to see how I constructed it,
to extract the air files you need only drag it with the right mouse button and select extract here, they appear to be renamed zip files.

Another thing is that flash needs to be installed for it to work, here is where I got the info I used on how to do it,
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/AdobeAir It's mentioned the the *.swf and *.xml files need to be symlinked,
I found that most of the files and folders need to be linked with some app's, I find it hard to explain how to do it, as it can be trial and error with them.

Give me a link to the air file you want and I'll see if I can get it to work and I'll package it for you.

I also have a few more app's that I will be posting soon.

So far no reports of them not working, 8)

Geoffrey

#3118 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR app Focused, I like this one, a fullscreen text editor,http://spreadingfunkyness.com/focused/.
Attachments
focused.png
(16.99 KiB) Downloaded 1289 times

Geoffrey

#3119 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR GMDesk, Run GMail, Google Calendar, Google Docs, Google Maps, Google Reader and Picasa Web Albums as a stand-alone application.

This kinda works ok, might find it a little sluggish, but if you don't want to run these apps in a web browser it seems fine.
Attachments
gmd.jpg
(38.72 KiB) Downloaded 1155 times
GMDesk-1.01.pet
(111.21 KiB) Downloaded 402 times

Geoffrey

#3120 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR ImageSizer, http://www.psyked.co.uk/imagesizer/imag ... p-tool.htm

Image sizer and cropping tool ImageSizer-064.pet 3.8 MB (3,770,593 Bytes)
Attachments
imagesizer.jpg
(56.79 KiB) Downloaded 1087 times
Last edited by Geoffrey on Sat 02 Jun 2012, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.

Geoffrey

#3121 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR AnyFlickr, another Flickr client
Attachments
anyflickr.jpg
(76.5 KiB) Downloaded 1608 times

Geoffrey

#3122 Post by Geoffrey »

AdobeAIR FaceDesk, stand-alone application to do all your Facebook surfing with.
Attachments
facedesk.jpg
(45.57 KiB) Downloaded 1644 times
FaceDesk-0.7.pet
(98.98 KiB) Downloaded 410 times

oliverjames

#3123 Post by oliverjames »

Geoffrey wrote:AdobeAIR FaceDesk, stand-alone application to do all your Facebook surfing with.
Very nice Geoffrey, but we already have a browser that copes nicely with all that. :wink:

Dromeno

Saluki broken apps + more requests

#3124 Post by Dromeno »

Last night I had the time to test-install almost all available saluki 22 apps.

IMHO these need to be fixed:

PBurn - does not download or install
Marble and Peazip - both do install but refuse to start ("bus error")

and... snap2backup works both in lucid and in saluki but is not yet in the saluki repo. There must be lots of other old pets which do work in saluki.

oh, and I have a scanner which is recognized by lucid puppy 525 but not by saluki: Canon lide 25

more requests: gLabels, GNU Cash, gnome-commander, I2P, KMyMoney, Tor, XFE file manager

separate idea /desire:

I have played some more with Jemimah's RetroShare pet. It is a great tool for decentralized secure communication (chat, email) and file exchange. What is -as far as I can see- lacking is a dropbox-like (more accurate an opera-unite like way) to share & synchromize a folder.

I would love to have a folder on a secure virtual disk (truecrypt) shared /synchronized with other computers via the file manager (exactly like dropbox) while the synchronization process uses gpg for encryption (like retroshare).

Geoffrey

#3125 Post by Geoffrey »

oliverjames wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:AdobeAIR FaceDesk, stand-alone application to do all your Facebook surfing with.
Very nice Geoffrey, but we already have a browser that copes nicely with all that. :wink:
I know but it's just another option for facebook addicts :lol: and I may as well add what adobe air apps I can find.

While I'm at it here's another that I'm sure will be useful, PixelWindow,
PixelWindow is a simple, light-weight, cross-platform application for measuring things on your screen. It creates a transparent window that acts like a pixel ruler with its width and height reported in the center. Just drag it around and resize it to measure whatever you want.
Attachments
pwindow.jpg
(16.58 KiB) Downloaded 1567 times