Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
mavrothal

Re: SDcards

#2176 Post by mavrothal »

Geoffrey wrote:
mavrothal wrote:Are there any changes in Luki017 relevant to SDcard (mmcblkN) detection?
I can not mount it or even find it in 017 but could be a number of reason relating to my mods or even hardware issues.
Would save me some hunting though if I could exclude luki changes.
Thx

I have no problem reading a SDcard, appears to be working fine.
Thanks. Good to know.
But do you know if there are any changes in any of the init/sysinit/pup_event/pmount/probpart/....?
== [url=http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html]Here is how to solve your[/url] [url=https://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html]Linux problems fast[/url] ==

Geoffrey

#2177 Post by Geoffrey »

mavrothal wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:
mavrothal wrote:Are there any changes in Luki017 relevant to SDcard (mmcblkN) detection?
I can not mount it or even find it in 017 but could be a number of reason relating to my mods or even hardware issues.
Would save me some hunting though if I could exclude luki changes.
Thx

Thanks. Good to know.
But do you know if there are any changes in any of the init/sysinit/pup_event/pmount/probpart/....?
I would say there must of been some change as the problem with two instances of the /dev/sr0 have been fixed in pmount and probpart.

jemimah

#2178 Post by jemimah »

Geoffrey wrote:
mavrothal wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

Thanks. Good to know.
I would say there must of been some change as the problem with two instances of the /dev/sr0 have been fixed in pmount and probpart.
The changes to probepart amount to

Code: Select all

probepart | sort | uniq
If the card shows up in gparted, try reformatting it and see if that helps.

jemimah

#2179 Post by jemimah »

mavrothal wrote:
jemimah wrote:
mavrothal wrote: It works really nice.

Only a small funny thing. Building the zdrv.sfs when you get to choose your new kernel pet, you can not bailout. Cancel gets you to retry and cancel there gets you the selection dialog. :)
Closing the windows, ditto.
This is with the luki iso mounted. If you unmount it, the program finally drops out.
Found it, Thanks!
I do not know if it made it into 017, but it shows the same behavior.
The 017 version has also another bug when changing the kernel. If you mount a luki image instead of the actual CD, will delete the original iso file after it copies its content into the luki-NNN directory even if you give a different name to your spin.
I think it should not affect the original files/images
Ok. I'll go through it again. I've never had it delete my iso. Strange.

Geoffrey

#2180 Post by Geoffrey »

I've installed guake on a new save and it gives this popup error, a dependency check shows nothing missing.

It seems the dependency checker has a fault, the column on the left also has a item marked for checking and that is the the only one that works, the right column is not checked, strange.
Attachments
Screenshot-1.jpg
(19.07 KiB) Downloaded 747 times
Screenshot.png
(11.19 KiB) Downloaded 727 times

jemimah

#2181 Post by jemimah »

Geoffrey wrote:I've installed guake on a new save and it gives this popup error, a dependency check shows nothing missing.

It seems the dependency checker has a fault, the column on the left also has a item marked for checking and that is the the only one that works, the right column is not checked, strange.
I have uploaded a fixed pet. Let me know if it still doesn't work.

Geoffrey

#2182 Post by Geoffrey »

jemimah wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:I've installed guake on a new save and it gives this popup error, a dependency check shows nothing missing.

I have uploaded a fixed pet. Let me know if it still doesn't work.
I don't get the error, but it just pops up in the tray then vanishes, ran it from terminal

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/guake/guake.py", line 1353, in <module>
    if not main():
  File "/usr/lib/guake/guake.py", line 1296, in main
    instance = Guake()
  File "/usr/lib/guake/guake.py", line 620, in __init__
    self.add_tab()
  File "/usr/lib/guake/guake.py", line 1121, in add_tab
    box = GuakeTerminalBox()
  File "/usr/lib/guake/guake.py", line 498, in __init__
    self.terminal = GuakeTerminal()
  File "/usr/lib/guake/guake.py", line 438, in __init__
    self.configure_terminal()
  File "/usr/lib/guake/guake.py", line 448, in configure_terminal
    self.set_word_chars(word_chars)
TypeError: Vte.Terminal.set_word_chars() argument 1 must be string, not None

jemimah

#2183 Post by jemimah »

Hmm. I just tried it on a clean system and it worked for me. Not sure what that error is.

Marv

Drive unmounted dialog box

#2184 Post by Marv »

When you unmount a drive, the dialog box is sticky.. that is, persists until ok. Could it be made just a message that times out like the ones for wireless connection progress or drives inserted? A small thing but I often unmount several drives at once and then must click through the dialog boxes. Just look'n'feel.

016 to 017 frugal install updates on Dell d610 and Fujitsu S6120 flawless as usual.

Thanks,
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

pemasu

#2185 Post by pemasu »

I would like to get feedback if ppl test the kernel switching to the PAE version. The 3.2.13-pae has not gone through extensive testing so feedback would be highly appreciated.

jemimah

#2186 Post by jemimah »

It's working great for me, pemasu.
Attachments
Screenshot-1.jpg
(78 KiB) Downloaded 577 times

DaveS

#2187 Post by DaveS »

If anyone else is being driven totally crazy by the lack of font customisation for the panel clock, here is how to fix it:
right click on the clock and choose 'configure'
change the clock to the 'digital' option (if it is not that already
choose 'custom format' and type in your requirements within a <span> tag, so that it looks like this:

<span color="White" font="Ubuntu 20">%R</span>
It updates on the fly so you can see your results as you go.
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Jim1911

How to change wallpaper

#2188 Post by Jim1911 »

I'm sure that it's simple but I'm overlooking something. :oops: Help?

DaveS

Re: How to change wallpaper

#2189 Post by DaveS »

Jim1911 wrote:I'm sure that it's simple but I'm overlooking something. :oops: Help?
Control Panel>Desktop
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!

Jim1911

Re: How to change wallpaper

#2190 Post by Jim1911 »

DaveS wrote:
Jim1911 wrote:I'm sure that it's simple but I'm overlooking something. :oops: Help?
Control Panel>Desktop
Which application there? Edit: Found it at
Control Panel>Desktop>Xfce Desktop Settings
Last edited by Jim1911 on Sat 31 Mar 2012, 21:58, edited 1 time in total.

Jim1911

#2191 Post by Jim1911 »

pemasu wrote:I would like to get feedback if ppl test the kernel switching to the PAE version. The 3.2.13-pae has not gone through extensive testing so feedback would be highly appreciated.
Working good here on my desktop computer, installed with that wonderful Saluki Custom Builder.

mikeslr

Small problem with lxlauncher

#2192 Post by mikeslr »

Hi jemimah & All,

frugal install of Saluki 17, with default adrive, new SaveFile and only a couple of pets installed. None to system or desktop except rox and lxlauncher. I copied several jpgs to /usr/share/backgrounds and was able to have lxlauncher use them as as distinct backgrounds for the various "menu" cateogies. Really nice job, jemimah. I ran into only one snag: changing the default background for the internet category. Regardless of what jpg I chose --even jpges which I could successfully apply to other categories-- I could not change the background from the default jpg named "internet" in /usr/share/backgrounds/launcher. Final "workaround" was to rename that jpg "internet1", copy a jpg into that directory and rename it "internet".
Please assume the above is just a gremlin on my system unless others experience similar problems.
Changing backgrounds being something even total noobs may want to do, you might consider finding somewhere to more prominently locate lxlauncher's config app. Perhaps an entire category named something like "Desktop" which could include other desktop customization apps as well.
Oh yah!: How do you add apps to the Favorites category in lxlauncher?

Thanks for your hard work and patience.

mikesLr

jemimah

#2193 Post by jemimah »

Yes there was typo in the wallpaper setter. I have uploaded a fixed version.

To add a favorite, right click on an icon, pick Customize, and check Add to Favorites.
Attachments
Screenshot-2.jpg
(44.9 KiB) Downloaded 1500 times

jemimah

#2194 Post by jemimah »

I have uploaded a pet for the conky clock widget.

This is a basic test for conky-lua. I'll probably package some more conky themes as time permits.

Geoffrey

#2195 Post by Geoffrey »

jemimah wrote:Hmm. I just tried it on a clean system and it worked for me. Not sure what that error is.
Tried another new save and now guake works, I wonder what the problem was, I'll see if I can break it again, I don't think I installed anything foreign that did it. :?