Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 02 Sep 2014, 20:17
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 133 of 250 [3742 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
shelezyaka

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2012, 19:07    Post subject:  

A small request.
Along with the new ISO you can please upload the file and the delta to the previous ISO.
For example the delta file "luki-014.iso___luki-015.iso.delta" size of 19 MB.
I find it easier to download this volume, the Internet service provider offers little traffic - 400 MB per month.
jemimah

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2012, 20:08    Post subject: Re: Midori Browser  

sszindian wrote:
Midori: Now seems to be a very nice workable browser however, it has one lacking feature that is really needed....

Over at arch linux:

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49314

There is a package available in a: Tarball::PKGBUILD that will allow Midori to 'Save Passwords' for various sites visited when necessary, and really, isn't this a 'must' for everyone?

Could this be converted to a .pet package for Saluki and be added to the PPM ? Or... is there a similiar .pet available for Midori ??

Saluki-015 so far is working very well, I find no fault with it what-so-ever from my testing so far!

'Nice work' Jemimah !!!

>>>:---Indian------>

Hmm I tested the userscript but couldn't get it to do anything. I also don't really want to pull in gnome keyring as a dependency.
jemimah

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2012, 20:11    Post subject: Re: luki 15  

Pete22 wrote:

vkeybd pet installed but does not work, nor does it make a menu item.

Pete

Vkeybd is a dependency of amSynth. It doesn't do anything by itself.
Pete22

PostPosted: Fri 23 Mar 2012, 22:57    Post subject:  Darkness, no more!  

Marv;

Thanks so much. Leafpad did the trick.
My machine's high number was 15125.
Leafpad is wonderful.

Pete
aarf

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 04:58    Post subject:  

got this keyboard: can't emulate rawmode for keycode 240 multiple times in dmesg. dont know what it is. it is in racy5290 too.

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
tony

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 05:07    Post subject: xine problem
Subject description: now solved

Hi Jemima,

By Google I found that a list of drivers could be found by "xine --help | more"

Drivers were present in saluki 10 but not in 14.

So copied /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.26 from saluki 10 to 14 alongside of existing file 2.1

xine now starts OK.

Regards Tony
Dromeno

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 05:33    Post subject:  

Dromeno

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 05:35    Post subject: Saluki and GTF (Geeky Techno Feminism)  

Dromeno

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 05:36    Post subject: test??
Subject description: message body doesn't come through?

Dromeno

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 05:39    Post subject: Fourth attempt
Subject description: (moderators plz delete the empty posts!)

Dromeno

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 05:43    Post subject: Saluki and GTF (Geeky Techno Feminism)  

aarf

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 06:07    Post subject: Re: Saluki and GTF (Geeky Techno Feminism)  

Dromeno wrote:
I wonder... is one forum
thread for all aspects of Saluki really such a good idea? Now I have to put deep insights such as the following also here:

IMHO... Saluki shows where geeky techno feminism (GTF) is or can be about. For instance, this is how the (male) NASA designs a solar fridge:

http://home.howstuffworks.com/solar-powered-refrigerator.htm/printable

...and here is how a GTF grl thinks of it:

http://inhabitat.com/solar-powered-fridge-by-emily-cummins/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1108343/Amazing-solar-powered-fridge-invented-British-student-potting-shed-helps-poverty-stricken-Africans.html

Why do I put in the male/female argument? I think it is because both MS and Apple (and even most Linux distros) have something in them which want to make their systems Really Impressive. But then there are PuppEEE and Saluki. Which just work. Are simple. And pretty on the eyes (hey.. come on...I am a man).
an extra "i" in the first url closing tag

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>
tlcstat

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 09:04    Post subject:  

delete
Last edited by tlcstat on Mon 26 Mar 2012, 13:23; edited 1 time in total
jemimah

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 11:02    Post subject: Re: Saluki and GTF (Geeky Techno Feminism)  

Dromeno wrote:
I wonder... is one forum
thread for all aspects of Saluki really such a good idea? Now I have to put deep insights such as the following also here:

IMHO... Saluki shows where geeky techno feminism (GTF) is or can be about. For instance, this is how the (male) NASA designs a solar fridge:

http://home.howstuffworks.com/solar-powered-refrigerator.htm/printable

...and here is how a GTF grl thinks of it:

http://inhabitat.com/solar-powered-fridge-by-emily-cummins/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1108343/Amazing-solar-powered-fridge-invented-British-student-potting-shed-helps-poverty-stricken-Africans.html

Why do I put in the male/female argument? I think it is because both MS and Apple (and even most Linux distros) have something in them which want to make their systems Really Impressive. But then there are PuppEEE and Saluki. Which just work. Are simple. And pretty on the eyes (hey.. come on...I am a man).

With puppy the main thing that allows simplicity to happen is getting a working repo and a good build tool. If the repo sucks, you have to include all the good packages in the ISO, thus the featuritis.

I'm not sure I'd go with the "generally, women make more elegant things" argument. I don't think that's a gender thing.

Feminism, as a political ideology, tends to scare me.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Sat 24 Mar 2012, 11:24    Post subject: Having problems with custom_builder15  

Hi jemimah & all,

I may just be having a bad day, but custom_builder15 doesn't work for me.
Since I explore various Puplets and use Grub4Dos, my usual procedure is to create a folder, download an iso, mount it, and move only the necessary files into that folder, and add the new Pup to Grub4dos' Menu.lst. The new Pup's folder, therefore, would not include either isolinux.bin or isolinux.cfg. That was the condition of the Saluki1 folder when I first tried to run custom_builder15. After pointing it to the Saluki1 folder and clicking "open" I received a report that the above two mentioned files were missing. So I mounted Saluki15's ISO and copied them to the Saluki1 folder. Now, clicking "open" dropped me out of the builder. I tried again, with the same result. I also tried after adding all the other files --i.e., boot.cat, etc.-- to Saluki1. Again, custom_builder shut down. Trying again, this time pointing to the mounted Saluki15.iso had the same result.
See attached screenshots for further understanding.
Even if it's just me, may I suggest that the requirement that isolinux.bin and isolinux.cfg be present should be reconsidered. If only a new adrive is being built, they aren't necessary. If, like me, Saluki is being run from a folder via Grub4dos, they won't be located in that folder [but could be included in the custom_builder application]. And in any event, builder should be able to use a mounted ISO which is just as likely to be available as a burned CD.

While taking the screenshots I discovered the delay feature did not work. But perhaps this was because I had checked "selection" rather than "full screen." The foregoing words in quotes may not be those used by the dialog. I'm not currently in Saluki. Hopefully, you'll get the gist.

Last note: When Saluki boots, it looks for an adrive specific to its version. That is Saluki15 will look for adrv_luki_015.sfs. It will ignore --not load-- adrv_luki_014.sfs, etc. If, like me, the user is going to use the same applications in the new version that were used in the old, there should (a) be some way to simply upgrade an old adrive, perhaps with appropriate warnings regarding compatibility; or (b) boot without an adrive with an application in core to simply rename an old adrive, perhaps with appropriate warnings; or (c) the loading mechanism should be less specific.

mikesLr
FolderAdded.jpg
 Description   Saluki folder after adding isolinux stuff
 Filesize   22.12 KB
 Viewed   164 Time(s)

FolderAdded.jpg

ISOMounted.jpg
 Description   Attempting to use mounted ISO
 Filesize   34.01 KB
 Viewed   153 Time(s)

ISOMounted.jpg

Page 133 of 250 [3742 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 131, 132, 133, 134, 135, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: