Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Dromeno

TaskCoach

#1951 Post by Dromeno »

There is a new version of taskcoach. Sorry for repeating myself but... it is one of the best taks managers you can get BUT andother python pain in the pup. Deb doesn't work out of the box. So Jemimah... do you mind to help again?

(I really wish it were possible to make one kind of adjustment so that puppy could accept all python apps immediately)

http://www.taskcoach.org/download_for_linux.html

jtouso

Jemimah "older" isos

#1952 Post by jtouso »

Jemimah,
No more Puppeee or Fluppy?
All is for Saluki?
Regards

shelezyaka

#1953 Post by shelezyaka »

Hello
In the assemblies Saluki 014 and 015 (013 skipped) are not mounted DVD drives and CD drives are installed correctly. In Pmount seen twice, and in the /mnt directory does not appear /mnt/sr0 as /mnt / CDROM it in big letters.
How do I fix it?

HiDeHo

#1954 Post by HiDeHo »

All I can say is Awesome, Great Job Speechless. I hope Saluki becomes one of the standard puppy distros alongside Slacko, Wary & Racy one day.
just wanting to know where i can get latest version of chromium or do i need devx to build it.

Custom Builder
  • atm i am building my saluki os the way i have created other puplets. install apps I want> remove ones I dont>add desktop backgrounds etc etc.>run the puppy iso maker....(we all know the process). How does the Custom Builder Differ
  • if i add apps before using the custum builder i would like to know if they are in the adrive.sfs or puppy save. does the builder allow adding pets/sfs directly ???.
  • is there a tutorial on how to use the saluki custom builder.
Thanks again for such a great puppy os. it is what I have wanted to do, but not the skills.Now i can easily get on with building my puppy idea slowly and properly.

Geoffrey

#1955 Post by Geoffrey »

shelezyaka wrote:Hello
In the assemblies Saluki 014 and 015 (013 skipped) are not mounted DVD drives and CD drives are installed correctly. In Pmount seen twice, and in the /mnt directory does not appear /mnt/sr0 as /mnt / CDROM it in big letters.
How do I fix it?
Yes I can confirm that inserting a DVD into drive gives two notification dialogs and appears twice in Pmount,
selecting /dev/sr0 in the panel icon doesn't mount the drive but starts xnoise, pmount does mount the drive ok,
no it doesn't appear as /mnt/sr0 but as /mnt/"the disk Label" , so "CDROM" should be correct.

jemimah

Re: TaskCoach

#1956 Post by jemimah »

Dromeno wrote:There is a new version of taskcoach. Sorry for repeating myself but... it is one of the best taks managers you can get BUT andother python pain in the pup. Deb doesn't work out of the box. So Jemimah... do you mind to help again?

(I really wish it were possible to make one kind of adjustment so that puppy could accept all python apps immediately)

http://www.taskcoach.org/download_for_linux.html
I have uploaded it to the repo.

jemimah

Re: Jemimah "older" isos

#1957 Post by jemimah »

jtouso wrote:Jemimah,
No more Puppeee or Fluppy?
All is for Saluki?
Regards
Correct. There comes a point when starting over is the only way to make forward progress.

jemimah

#1958 Post by jemimah »

shelezyaka wrote:Hello
How do I fix it?
Did you run the cd/dvd wizard in the control panel?

jemimah

#1959 Post by jemimah »

HiDeHo wrote:All I can say is Awesome, Great Job Speechless. I hope Saluki becomes one of the standard puppy distros alongside Slacko, Wary & Racy one day.
just wanting to know where i can get latest version of chromium or do i need devx to build it.

Custom Builder
  • atm i am building my saluki os the way i have created other puplets. install apps I want> remove ones I dont>add desktop backgrounds etc etc.>run the puppy iso maker....(we all know the process). How does the Custom Builder Differ
  • if i add apps before using the custum builder i would like to know if they are in the adrive.sfs or puppy save. does the builder allow adding pets/sfs directly ???.
  • is there a tutorial on how to use the saluki custom builder.
Thanks again for such a great puppy os. it is what I have wanted to do, but not the skills.Now i can easily get on with building my puppy idea slowly and properly.
Installed pets go into the pupsave.

The custom builder is not a remaster tool. You can build a totally different puppy than the one you are running.

Just collect the pets and sfses you want and feed them the the custom builder when it asks for them.

Boot saluki with the adrive and run the custom builder and you'll see how it works. It's a wizard - not too hard to figure out.

Chrome 12 is the latest that will work on saluki until Barry does another t2 build. I don't think you'll have any luck getting it to compile.

sneekylinux

Saluki 014

#1960 Post by sneekylinux »

Have just released a video on saluki 014 a few days ago, and yes i think this could be a good alternative to standered pup for peeps that dont want to tinker, just to run with a nice version of xfce...super

Pete22

no sound on 15

#1961 Post by Pete22 »

No sound on my dell latitude d610 nor my duel core ? desktop computer.

Tried all the suggestions in the alsa sound wisard on both machines. No go.
--

However, my brother got saluki up and working with sound
on all three computers he tried it on. A single core,
a dual core and a amd x64 machine.
Maybe I am doing it wrong?????
--

As for brightness: I tried marv's suggestion for darkness.
I put all three at 14203 but no go.
Hope this information might help you pinpoint the problem.

Thanks marv and Jemimah.

Looking forward to a beautiful puppy.

Pete

Marv

Luki 015 on Dell D610

#1962 Post by Marv »

Hi Pete22,

Puzzled here. I'm running 015 from a USB stick (syslinux) on a bog-standard D610 here. Save file is an update from 012..013..014 to 015. I just mount the new isos and copy the new system files onto the USB or ATA flash drive I'm working from, reboot and update. Use Grub4dos and syslinux kind of randomly. Intel 915 graphics. All I did was edit those 3 files in /etc/acpi using leafpad and do a reboot. Sorry it didn't help.

So long as I load the Adrive, I have sound without any action on my part at all. xnoise plays wavs etc. 015 barks on startup and G'bye on shutdown til I mute those in the control panel. Running without Adrive I have reasonable youtube on my opera 11.52 with the "9 pretends to be 10" flash pet from the common repo.

What kind of install do you have on the d610?
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

shelezyaka

#1963 Post by shelezyaka »

Yes.

Geoffrey

#1964 Post by Geoffrey »

shelezyaka wrote:
Yes.
shelezyaka, it looks ok to me other than the Two entries in pmount, the CDROM must be the label, if you did not name it,
it is most likely the default name the burning software gave it, here a pic of mine, much the same as yours just a different name on the dvd.
Attachments
dvd.jpg
(33.58 KiB) Downloaded 519 times

tony

Another bug on 15

#1965 Post by tony »

Hi,

Xine worked fine in Saluki 10 but not in fresh install of 15.

All dependencies present.

BUG REPORT.TXT says all available drives failed.

computer eeepc 1015 pem.

Regards Tony

shelezyaka

#1966 Post by shelezyaka »

Geoffrey wrote:
shelezyaka, it looks ok to me other than the Two entries in pmount, the CDROM must be the label, if you did not name it,
it is most likely the default name the burning software gave it, here a pic of mine, much the same as yours just a different name on the dvd.
There was a screenshot when you insert the cd. but the screen when you insert the dvd drive.
These problems were not up to 013, inclusive, and other distribyutivah too, with the equipment enachit all right.
I can not mount the DVD now. How to solve the problem.

Geoffrey

#1967 Post by Geoffrey »

Midori don't open local htm files, can someone confirm this, it appears to double up on the path.

This happens when selecting the file from within Thunar file browser, if I drag the htm to a open midori window it works fine.

Also get this when selecting from pfind

Code: Select all

Error - file:///root//usr/share/doc/abiword.htm

The page 'file:///root//usr/share/doc/abiword.htm' couldn't be loaded.

Error opening file: No such file or directory
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(22.65 KiB) Downloaded 770 times

KJ

htm file error in midori

#1968 Post by KJ »

Geoffrey ... I get the same error when attempting to open a .htm file from Thunar. Htm opens fine when I "drag and drop" to a Midori new window or use the Midori file open menu. KJ

pemasu

#1969 Post by pemasu »

I think it is due to 3.2.X kernels way to recognize dvd as dvd....not as iso9660.
Quick hack....in pmount ...preferences....tick box to use "mut"

with 3.1.10 kernel puppy I get this when DVD movie is in cd/dvd drive
# probepart
/dev/sr0|iso9660|16298988

What does probepart show in Saluki when you have DVD movie in cd/dvd drive ?

I believe probepart - pmount - something else - needs fix for 3.2.X kernels

jemimah

#1970 Post by jemimah »

pemasu wrote:
I think it is due to 3.2.X kernels way to recognize dvd as dvd....not as iso9660.
Quick hack....in pmount ...preferences....tick box to use "mut"

with 3.1.10 kernel puppy I get this when DVD movie is in cd/dvd drive
# probepart
/dev/sr0|iso9660|16298988

What does probepart show in Saluki when you have DVD movie in cd/dvd drive ?

I believe probepart - pmount - something else - needs fix for 3.2.X kernels
I get

Code: Select all

# probepart 
/dev/sda1|ntfs|204800
/dev/sda2|none|488188272
/dev/sdb1|ext4|30720000
/dev/sdb2|ext4|614400000
/dev/sdb3|ntfs|331651072
/dev/sdc1|vfat|3982048
/dev/mmcblk0p1|ext2|3985408
/dev/sr0|udf|15919792