Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 22 Sep 2014, 08:23
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Saluki
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
Page 126 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Author Message
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5463
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar 2012, 19:11    Post_subject:  

Quote:
Acer E525 Emachine laptop loses B43 wireless with Saluki 0.14

Geoffrey. Could you track with dmesg the wireless loading rows. There should be errors of driver loading or firmware loading or the right firmware is not found.

Post all those rows concerning wireless in dmesg. There arent too many of them.
Quote:
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Tman


Joined: 22 Jan 2011
Posts: 814
Location: Toronto

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar 2012, 21:07    Post_subject:  

The Firefox-11.0.pet from http://www.smokey01.com/Tman/apps/firefox/ is running well for me in Saluki for me so far. (works in Exprimo too, Pemasu..but I know you like to add your own version). This version feels a bit faster than previous Firefox versions

DaveS, thanks for the fontfix pet. It makes fonts in firefox much nicer. Smile
-
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1381
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:03    Post_subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Quote:
Acer E525 Emachine laptop loses B43 wireless with Saluki 0.14

Geoffrey. Could you track with dmesg the wireless loading rows. There should be errors of driver loading or firmware loading or the right firmware is not found.

Post all those rows concerning wireless in dmesg. There arent too many of them.
Quote:


pemasu,

Here are the two dmesg print outs, one before I created a save file and one after, they are the complete list as I didn't know which may be relevant.

there is also listed the acpi_osi=Linux comand as it appears there is a bug in the firmware for the video with Mobile Intel® GM45 Express Chipset.

if you see the driver in the after save, that's because I manually loaded it in a attempt to get it to work
14-dmesg-before-save-wireless-works.txt.gz
Description  NOT A gz remove gz
gz

 Download 
Filename  14-dmesg-before-save-wireless-works.txt.gz 
Filesize  47.38 KB 
Downloaded  82 Time(s) 
14-dmesg-after-save-wireless-dont-work.txt.gz
Description  NOT A gz remove gz
gz

 Download 
Filename  14-dmesg-after-save-wireless-dont-work.txt.gz 
Filesize  47.48 KB 
Downloaded  84 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
aarf

Joined: 30 Aug 2007
Posts: 3620
Location: around the bend

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 00:51    Post_subject:  

014
first all the scrollable windows in my opera ( opera-11.62-1332.i386.linux with current latest flashplayer) browser tabs auto scrolled themselves to the bottom of the page and stubbornly refused to scroll up again, closed browser. restarted browser. still happening close browser again. the non working desktop link to opera is flickering by itself.
try to restart computer, and all menu entries are highlighting themselves, going at speed from top to bottom and then start at the top and highlight again in rotation down to the bottom.
try to click when it is highlighting shutdown but fail to get it to initiate shutdown. hard poweroff. reboot and everything is back to normal. only happened once. all opera tabs were at news.com.au strange behavior started at the wikileaks oz senate bid page.

_________________

ASUS EeePC Flare series 1025C 4x Intel Atom N2800 @ 1.86GHz RAM 2063MB 800x600p ATA 320G
_-¤-_

<º))))><.¸¸.•´¯`•.#.•´¯`•.¸¸. ><((((º>

Edited_time_total
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5463
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 04:30    Post_subject:  

Quote:
[ 5.369145] b43-pci-bridge 0000:04:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 17
[ 5.369161] b43-pci-bridge 0000:04:00.0: setting latency timer to 64
[ 5.383585] ssb: Core 0 found: ChipCommon (cc 0x800, rev 0x16, vendor 0x4243)
[ 5.383603] ssb: Core 1 found: IEEE 802.11 (cc 0x812, rev 0x0F, vendor 0x4243)
[ 5.383620] ssb: Core 2 found: PCMCIA (cc 0x80D, rev 0x0A, vendor 0x4243)
[ 5.383638] ssb: Core 3 found: PCI-E (cc 0x820, rev 0x09, vendor 0x4243)
[ 5.436908] ssb: Sonics Silicon Backplane found on PCI device 0000:04:00.0
[ 28.227073] b43-phy0: Broadcom 4312 WLAN found (core revision 15)
[ 28.335407] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[ 28.335597] Registered led device: b43-phy0::tx
[ 28.335614] Registered led device: b43-phy0::rx
[ 28.335630] Registered led device: b43-phy0::radio
[ 28.335645] Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [ Features: PMNLS ]
[ 41.026901] b43-phy0: Loading firmware version 666.2 (2011-02-23 01:15:07)

Geoffrey. I dont see anything wrong with this information.

Saluki uses b43 firmwares for kernels above 3.2.0. There is now much more of them. But I cant see error with loading it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1381
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 05:46    Post_subject:  

pemasu wrote:
Quote:
[ 5.369145] b43-pci-bridge 0000:04:00.0: PCI INT A -> GSI 17 (level, low) -> IRQ 17
[ 5.369161] b43-pci-bridge 0000:04:00.0: setting latency timer to 64
[ 5.383585] ssb: Core 0 found: ChipCommon (cc 0x800, rev 0x16, vendor 0x4243)
[ 5.383603] ssb: Core 1 found: IEEE 802.11 (cc 0x812, rev 0x0F, vendor 0x4243)
[ 5.383620] ssb: Core 2 found: PCMCIA (cc 0x80D, rev 0x0A, vendor 0x4243)
[ 5.383638] ssb: Core 3 found: PCI-E (cc 0x820, rev 0x09, vendor 0x4243)
[ 5.436908] ssb: Sonics Silicon Backplane found on PCI device 0000:04:00.0
[ 28.227073] b43-phy0: Broadcom 4312 WLAN found (core revision 15)
[ 28.335407] ieee80211 phy0: Selected rate control algorithm 'minstrel_ht'
[ 28.335597] Registered led device: b43-phy0::tx
[ 28.335614] Registered led device: b43-phy0::rx
[ 28.335630] Registered led device: b43-phy0::radio
[ 28.335645] Broadcom 43xx driver loaded [ Features: PMNLS ]
[ 41.026901] b43-phy0: Loading firmware version 666.2 (2011-02-23 01:15:07)

Geoffrey. I dont see anything wrong with this information.

Saluki uses b43 firmwares for kernels above 3.2.0. There is now much more of them. But I cant see error with loading it.


pemasu,

Ok, it did say it wasn't loaded after I made a save file and rebooted, I tried reloading it but it just don't work, strange that it works with 0.13 every time yet only with 0.14 on first boot before making a save.

I'll see if I can use a 0.13 save and let it update with 0.14 to see if it keeps it settings, I don't know what else to try, I've been through this three times to check and get the same result every time.

I'll try it on one of the other laptops to be sure that it isn't a hardware fault, but I'm guessing the result will be identical.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
futwerk

Joined: 07 May 2011
Posts: 261

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 09:24    Post_subject:  

a few backgrounds.
pupja,1qz.jpg
 Description   http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1msw26s6chb
 Filesize   25.61 KB
 Viewed   946 Time(s)

pupja,1qz.jpg

pupja21,2.jpg
 Description   http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1msw26s6chb
 Filesize   21.03 KB
 Viewed   927 Time(s)

pupja21,2.jpg

pupja21,1.jpg
 Description   http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1msw26s6chb
 Filesize   23.05 KB
 Viewed   935 Time(s)

pupja21,1.jpg

pupja19,2.jpg
 Description   http://www.mediafire.com/?7v1msw26s6chb
 Filesize   36.01 KB
 Viewed   928 Time(s)

pupja19,2.jpg

Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
pemasu


Joined: 08 Jul 2009
Posts: 5463
Location: Finland

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 09:27    Post_subject:  

Geoffrey. I think you should use Frisbee in build wireless diagnostics and create the diagnostig tarball and post it for inspecting. Jim1911 wireless problem was fixed by Jemimah with that information.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
tlcstat

Joined: 28 Oct 2007
Posts: 82
Location: SW Virginia mountains

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 18:50    Post_subject:  

delete
Edited_time_total
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message AIM 
gcmartin

Joined: 14 Oct 2005
Posts: 4276
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 18:55    Post_subject:  

Geoffrey wrote:
... I'll see if I can use a 0.13 save and let it update with 0.14 to see if it keeps it settings, I don't know what else to try, I've been through this three times to check and get the same result every time. ...
This problem MAY be related to the FirstRUN dialog.

@Jeminah see a PM to you.

_________________
Get ACTIVE Create Circles; Do those good things which benefit people's needs!
We are all related ... Its time to show that we know this!
3 Different Puppy Search Engine or use DogPile
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1381
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 20:39    Post_subject:  

I've done a upgrade from 0.13 to 0.14 on the Acer E525, the result is the same no network detected, but this time dmesg gives a list of errors that may tell where the problem is, hope this helps

Also another thing, the webcam doesn't display an image, the last version I had installed that it worked in was 0.11
upgrade-0.13-to-0.14-dmesg.bz2
Description 
bz2

 Download 
Filename  upgrade-0.13-to-0.14-dmesg.bz2 
Filesize  13.59 KB 
Downloaded  81 Time(s) 
pnetworkdiag-20120318.tar.gz
Description 
gz

 Download 
Filename  pnetworkdiag-20120318.tar.gz 
Filesize  41.22 KB 
Downloaded  75 Time(s) 
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
scsijon

Joined: 23 May 2007
Posts: 1042
Location: the australian mallee

PostPosted: Sun 18 Mar 2012, 23:45    Post_subject:  

Tman wrote:
The Firefox-11.0.pet from http://www.smokey01.com/Tman/apps/firefox/ is running well for me in Saluki for me so far. (works in Exprimo too, Pemasu..but I know you like to add your own version). This version feels a bit faster than previous Firefox versions

DaveS, thanks for the fontfix pet. It makes fonts in firefox much nicer. Smile
-


Don't know about the pet, as I did an online update, but downloading with the DownloadThemAll plugin through 11 is seriously faster than it was through 10.0.2. using the same plugin to the same sites.

However I am getting a number of unwanted '404' screens that immediately dissapear on a reload with 11.0. and yes, it does seem to start displaying the new screen faster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message Visit_website 
Geoffrey


Joined: 30 May 2010
Posts: 1381
Location: Queensland Australia ɹǝpu∩uʍop

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:03    Post_subject:  

The game Enemy territory is in the sfs downloads and it appears the id serverlist hasn't been accessible since January.

If you have downloaded the game then if you add the code below to the end of /etc/hosts then the game servers will show.
Code:
91.220.53.73   etmaster.idsoftware.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Volhout


Joined: 28 Dec 2008
Posts: 387

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar 2012, 06:10    Post_subject: wallpapers  

futwerk wrote:
a few backgrounds.


Nice !!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
DaveS


Joined: 09 Oct 2008
Posts: 3726
Location: UK

PostPosted: Mon 19 Mar 2012, 07:14    Post_subject:  

On resume following suspend, one of my laptops has no video display. How might I try to de-bug this?
A hard restart is currently the only way out.

_________________
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send_private_message 
Display_posts:   Sort by:   
Page 126 of 250 Posts_count   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 124, 125, 126, 127, 128, ..., 248, 249, 250 Next
Post_new_topic   Reply_to_topic View_previous_topic :: View_next_topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

Rules_post_cannot
Rules_reply_cannot
Rules_edit_cannot
Rules_delete_cannot
Rules_vote_cannot
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.1284s ][ Queries: 12 (0.0373s) ][ GZIP on ]