Saluki

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
jemimah

Re: VLC 2.0rc1

#1141 Post by jemimah »

einar wrote: and is XBMC impossible ?
Probably not. It's just huge and I'm worried about my download limits for this month. I was going to wait a few weeks until that resets.

mikeslr

Xonclock ?

#1142 Post by mikeslr »

Hi jemimah,

Just having discovered how good a platform xfce is for customization, I'm exploring Saluki again, Occasionally I like to use xonclock, creating the contrast between an otherwise modern desktop and an analog clock. However, as far as I can tell xonclock can't be displayed in Saluki, either as a stand-alone, or as a component of pwidgets. The latter otherwise runs.
A review of the threads indicates that previously xonclock and xfce didn't work well together, but that difficulty had somehow be resolved.

mikesLr

ecube

SwissWatch

#1143 Post by ecube »

Hi mikeslr,

Maybe you would like swisswatch (Swiss railway clock)

100x100 give the size of the clock.

1590+10 the xy-location

Have fun.

ecube
Attachments
swiss.png
(28.21 KiB) Downloaded 1351 times
swisswatch_0.6-12_i386.pet
(19.97 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Last edited by ecube on Thu 16 Feb 2012, 20:55, edited 1 time in total.

einar

#1144 Post by einar »

jemimah wrote:
einar wrote: and is XBMC impossible ?
Probably not. It's just huge and I'm worried about my download limits for this month. I was going to wait a few weeks until that resets.
I can wait, the tought of that you have considered it is heart warming :)

Now i have to little time to test new apps but the minitube was awesome.
the problem i have is that after install i dont get any menu icon, not inn the start menu or the application finder finds the minitube,gstremer and i wanted to test the gourmet app. cant find it after install. plz help :)

edit : found gourmet app in the office tap :)

the secound thing that puzzels me is that i managed to install the Ati driver and the catalyst controll senter is in control panel. but if i do a report-video in terminal it says that : driver used by xorg : vesa

how can i correct that ?

best regards

Einar

jim3630

Re: SwissWatch

#1145 Post by jim3630 »

ecube wrote:Hi mikeslr,

Maybe you would like swisswatch (Swiss railway clock)

100x100 give the size of the clock.

1590+10 the xy-location

Have fun.

ecube
Hi ecube
thanks for the clock. i am probable doing something wrong but just can't find out how to keep the clock on the desktop. it closes when i close the terminal used to start it. and is there a way to position it on the desktop? mine is kind of in the middle of the desktop. thanks again like the look.

-------

see the launcher you used. that answers some questions.

Tasgarth

#1146 Post by Tasgarth »

jim3630
but just can't find out how to keep the clock on the desktop. it closes when i close the terminal used to start it. and is there a way to position it on the desktop?
I do not use the terminal I will go directly into /usr/bin and search 'swisswatch' in order to open it (left clic).
It is displayed on the desktop.
Right clic on the icon : move, resize,iconify, close etc...

scabz

#1147 Post by scabz »

manual frugal install of luki 11 mostly everything seems great, the only problem i am having is trying to get mplayer dl from ppm saluki repo to use vdpau i get sound but no video so cant play 720 or 1080p video smoothly.

the command i use from terminal is

mplayer -vo vdpau -ao alsa /location/of/file.mkv

this is how i get smooth playback in lucid but shows no video in saluki, can someone please help?
Attachments
hardinfo_report.txt.bz2
hardinfo report
(5.29 KiB) Downloaded 166 times

pemasu

#1148 Post by pemasu »

Since Saluki has included Qt apps also and it has gstreamer...Sayonara could be music player to test. I compiled it in dpup exprimo and seems to work.

http://code.google.com/p/sayonara-playe ... p&can=2&q=

http://www.hecticgeek.com/2012/01/qt-ba ... -sayonara/

jim3630

#1149 Post by jim3630 »

Tasgarth wrote:jim3630
but just can't find out how to keep the clock on the desktop. it closes when i close the terminal used to start it. and is there a way to position it on the desktop?
I do not use the terminal I will go directly into /usr/bin and search 'swisswatch' in order to open it (left clic).
It is displayed on the desktop.
Right clic on the icon : move, resize,iconify, close etc...
Tasgarth

thanks will give it a try. did a left click on desktop>create launcher>

jim3630

#1150 Post by jim3630 »

jemimah

tried install sdl-ball from ppm. too much bad ju ju from prior sdl pets, ppm had 7mb or so for the install.

fresh pfix=ram of 011 as earlier. dl flash, then ppm sdl-ball this time only needed 4 packages but get error

# sdl-ball
sdl-ball: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

looks like a symlink but i don't know how to do it.

also after install ff 9.0.1 pet gave a missing dep of "sdl-ball." go figure ff works without issue anyway.

scabz

#1151 Post by scabz »

sdl-ball: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

go to /usr/lib/

look for libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
then create a system link to that file and rename the link libSDL-1.2.so.0

edit - i looked in my install and the link is already there

James C

#1152 Post by James C »

Nice little clock app...... :)
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(14.11 KiB) Downloaded 930 times

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#1153 Post by Lobster »

http://youtu.be/3U0H4_YK9K8
Saluki gazelle hunting hound
Now available for computers
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

jemimah

Re: Xonclock ?

#1154 Post by jemimah »

mikeslr wrote:Hi jemimah,

Just having discovered how good a platform xfce is for customization, I'm exploring Saluki again, Occasionally I like to use xonclock, creating the contrast between an otherwise modern desktop and an analog clock. However, as far as I can tell xonclock can't be displayed in Saluki, either as a stand-alone, or as a component of pwidgets. The latter otherwise runs.
A review of the threads indicates that previously xonclock and xfce didn't work well together, but that difficulty had somehow be resolved.

mikesLr
Did you know you can have cairo-dock desklets without the dock? Just drag the desklets you want to the desktop and then turn the dock off.

jemimah

#1155 Post by jemimah »

einar wrote:
the secound thing that puzzels me is that i managed to install the Ati driver and the catalyst controll senter is in control panel. but if i do a report-video in terminal it says that : driver used by xorg : vesa

how can i correct that ?
Report-video only works correctly if you run the xorgwizard. If you boot straight to the desktop, it has no idea what it's talking about.

jemimah

#1156 Post by jemimah »

There is a bug in the ppm that makes it want to install the packages shown in the screenshot. These should not be installed.

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next release.
jim3630 wrote:jemimah

tried install sdl-ball from ppm. too much bad ju ju from prior sdl pets, ppm had 7mb or so for the install.

fresh pfix=ram of 011 as earlier. dl flash, then ppm sdl-ball this time only needed 4 packages but get error

# sdl-ball

also after install ff 9.0.1 pet gave a missing dep of "sdl-ball." go figure ff works without issue anyway.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
(79.96 KiB) Downloaded 1437 times

jim3630

#1157 Post by jim3630 »

scabz wrote:

go to /usr/lib/

look for libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4
then create a system link to that file and rename the link libSDL-1.2.so.0

edit - i looked in my install and the link is already there
scabz

didn't find libSDL-1.2.so.0.11.4 in /usr/lib.

have libSDL_image-1.2.so.0 that is linked to libSDL-1.2.so.0.8.4.

i installed sdl-ball before save file was created. thought might correct itself after making the save file and reboot but it did not.

open to ideas here. thanks for the leads.

einar

saluki sweet

#1158 Post by einar »

have now tested saluki 11 on my acer aspire one. it will be the main system for that machine :) i was wondering what happend to glxgears ?

and is there a way to change the font in firefox to a normal one ? it looks small and bold like

jim3630

Re: saluki sweet

#1159 Post by jim3630 »

einar wrote:have now tested saluki 11 on my acer aspire one. it will be the main system for that machine :) i was wondering what happend to glxgears ?

and is there a way to change the font in firefox to a normal one ? it looks small and bold like
in ff edit>preferences>content

Billtoo

Saluki

#1160 Post by Billtoo »

I updated firefox to version 10.0.2 and seamonkey to version 2.7.2, they are available here:

http://www.smokey01.com/saluki/pet_packages-saluki/