Lupufy 005 for Slacko 5.3.3 - One-Click XineDVD and Openbox

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
playdayz

#16 Post by playdayz »

md5sum from right click doesnt work in lupufyed racy522. dont know about in slacko
aarf, gtkhash was not in version 002 of lupufy-slacko. It is in the current version 003. Thanks.

Geoffrey, I will move Menumaker and update in version 004. Thanks.

01micko

#17 Post by 01micko »

:!: Important

There is a critical bug with the installation of lupufy-slacko and lupufy-slacko-openbox

The permissions on var and tmp are wrong

tmp <-- 1777

var <-- 777

This can cause problems often with printing.

I have fixed this for the pets I'm uploading to the slacko repo.

If you have installed lupufy-slacko or lupufy-slacko-openbox please run these commands in a terminal:

Code: Select all

chmod 1777 /tmp
chmod 777 /var
This should fix the issue.

Thank you.

NB: Note to ALL packagers:

This is a common problem when a package maker (including sfs files and especially debs) does not check the permissions and ownership of the directories before packaging. It only takes a second to do this and correct. If I have to explain how to do change permissions/ownership you should not be packaging for general consumption!! Ubuntu debs are very sloppy. often the ownership is some one elses :shock: (not on your system so it defaults to 500). This is not a puppy problem however it is the cause of a lot of grief.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

playdayz

#18 Post by playdayz »

The permissions on var and tmp are wrong

tmp <-- 1777

var <-- 777
Version 004 of lupufy-slacko and version 002 of lupufy-slacko-openbox correct this problem. They are described in the first message of this thread.

aarf

#19 Post by aarf »

racy522 maybe i ran out of space. (15 m out of 47m still reported free) or it was from deleting what i had installed already before adding the pets.
tried a few things and they are working. md5sum for iso, sfs, tar.gz are working from right click now.
dont know if or what the missing dependencies affect. i dont recall doing a dependancy check with lupify002
Attachments
image-11.jpg
(22.89 KiB) Downloaded 3210 times
image-10.jpg
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 3134 times
image-9.jpg
(15.94 KiB) Downloaded 3087 times
image-8.jpg
(15.74 KiB) Downloaded 3149 times
Last edited by aarf on Mon 12 Dec 2011, 12:40, edited 2 times in total.

aarf

#20 Post by aarf »

this desktop icon snuck in the backdoor when i wasnt looking. will change it back to its fbpanel -lupify2 icon.
Attachments
image-12.jpg
(1.36 KiB) Downloaded 3181 times

playdayz

#21 Post by playdayz »

dont know if or what the missing dependencies affect.
aarf, That is good information, but I *think* it might be an artifact of Puppy Package Manager, plus I am sure some of the files are truly not there. Lupufy-slacko was created by combining many separate pets and then making sure they were configured as in Lucid. PPM has irritated me by reporting missing dependencies which were actually not missing, just not located where expected by PPM. Trying to satisfy PPM would probably lead to dependency hell and a larger lupufy-slacko. Anyway, if the features of lupufy-slacko are working I am not going to worry overmuch. If you find one that is not working in racy then i will try to make it work in the next version, though I could not add any programs that would conflict with slacko Thanks.

kickstart

#22 Post by kickstart »

Have just tried lupufying Racy. Roxterm appears in the utilities menu but doesn't start when clicked. lxtask is missing completely. Otherwise all the other additional utilities seem to work fine.
Thanks kickstart. I can understand about roxterm--there is probably something missing. If you could run 'roxterm' in a console it might tell us what is missing and I could possibly add it. LX Task should be under Menu -> System -> system status and config. i don't know why it wouldn't be there. Could you also try to run that in a console if you get a chance--run 'lxtask' no quotations of course.
Sorry about the delayed reply concerning lupufying Racy 522. I'm a merchant seaman and spend long periods without internet access. I tried running lxtask in a console and it was fine so I looked again in the menu and it was where you said it should be. Just didn't look properly first time! Roxterm didn't run. Here's what I got:-

#roxterm
roxterm: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
#

I have just uninstalled lupufy-slacko-002 and replaced it with version 004 but it is exactly the same.

playdayz

#23 Post by playdayz »

In racy
#roxterm
roxterm: error while loading shared libraries: libdbus-glib-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Hey kickstart, It looks like racy does not have libdbus-glib. I do not want to add a version of libdbus-glib to lupufy-slacko because Slacko already has one. Let's try this simple fix. Install this pet in racy and see what happens with roxterm. Thanks.
Attachments
dbus-glib.pet
(81.4 KiB) Downloaded 488 times

ravensrest

#24 Post by ravensrest »

I upgraded to Slacko 5.3.1 (which runs great) and then installed http://diddywahdiddy.net/Puppy500/lupuf ... vd-001.pet, but when I tried to run it I got an error message that the libXine.so was too short.
BS

playdayz

#25 Post by playdayz »

I upgraded to Slacko 5.3.1 (which runs great) and then installed http://diddywahdiddy.net/Puppy500/lupuf ... vd-001.pet, but when I tried to run it I got an error message that the libXine.so was too short.
ravensrest, Is it possible that your slacko save file is low on memory? That can cause pets to install improperly. I just installed XineDVD in a fresh 5.3.1 and also upgraded a previous 5.3 to 5.3.1 and XineDVD worked both ways. To find how much memory you have mouse over the icon with 4 bars in the system tray in the lower right corner. 50MB should be enough.

I guess your problem was that XineDVD did not run from the menu and so you ran xine in a terminal?

You should check to make sure you got a good download of the pet. The checksum for lupufy-slacko-xinedvd-001.pet is 0e8c24ebc8280634b87b1006d659125d. If you have lupufy-slacko installed you can check by right-clicking the pet and choosing md5sum. POtherwise open a terminal int he directory that contains the pet and enter

Code: Select all

md5sum lupufy-slacko-xinedvd-001.pet
Also, /usr/lib/libxine.so.1.30.0 should show a size of 309K (316416 bytes) in rox -> properties.

ravensrest

#26 Post by ravensrest »

Thanks, Playdayz, that did seem to be the problem. Increased personal storage by 32 M and it runs perfectly.
BS

darkcity

#27 Post by darkcity »

added to wiki as i think people used to lucid will find this useful 8)

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/LupufySlacko

darkcity

#28 Post by darkcity »

using openbox pet

'fppanel configure' has trouble remembering Pplugin and Launch, when you switch various other settings - such as 'tray - true/false'

just a minor thing 8)

playdayz

#29 Post by playdayz »

Version 005 of Lupufy Slacko is posted in the first message of this thread. Since Slacko 5.3.3 includes PupControl it is removed from Version 005.

mikeslr

Half (Almost) Lupufy Slacko -- Launcher Runs under JWM

#30 Post by mikeslr »

Hi playdaz & All;

One of the reasons I like Openbox is that currently wbar doesn't hide. So using openbox with fbpanel enables me to add launcher (which by the way wasn't included among your lupufy apps).
I sort-of Lupufyed Slacko using the pet just to add openbox, and added launcher. Unfortunately, the other pets and sfses I added didn't show up in the menu. (They might have had I read this Geoffrey's post: http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 058#588058). But instead I switched back to jwm and was surprised (':o') and happy (':D') to discover Launcher was still active.
So now I have "the best" of both. Just thought others might be interested. And perhaps you could add a pet to just install fbpanel and launcher. (I don't think launcher would work without fbpanel, even though jwm uses its own for the task bar).

mikesLr

darkcity

#31 Post by darkcity »

rmcellig

#32 Post by rmcellig »

I'm trying out Slacko 5.5. Can I use these utilities for this version of Slacko? Does wmswitcher work in Slacko in case I want to try out other WM's? Having use Lucid 5.2.8, I love the fact that I can use wmswitcher to quickly change from IceWM, to Openbox etc.... Hopefully I can do the same in Slacko and just as easily?

playdayz

#33 Post by playdayz »

rmcellig wrote:I'm trying out Slacko 5.5. Can I use these utilities for this version of Slacko? Does wmswitcher work in Slacko in case I want to try out other WM's? Having use Lucid 5.2.8, I love the fact that I can use wmswitcher to quickly change from IceWM, to Openbox etc.... Hopefully I can do the same in Slacko and just as easily?
No, I wouldn't. What I would recommend is to look att he list of utilities on page 1 of this thread and add the ones youw ant one by one. Slacko does not include openbox but it can be added from the Puppy Package Manager

rmcellig

#34 Post by rmcellig »

Thanks!