Project Management in gtkdialog/yad/CLI/HTML

For discussions about programming, programming questions/advice, and projects that don't really have anything to do with Puppy.
seaside

#31 Post by seaside »

jpeps wrote:
seaside wrote:
When I tried that upgrade, it unfortunately broke Rox. :)

Regards,
While I admire technosaurus' accomplishments, I personally find a lot more flexibility and usefulness in a simple spreadsheet.
jpeps,

Yes, you can do almost anything in a spreadsheet and it's often a good choice. Someone needs to create (program) the spreadsheet with an easy interface and so if there is a standalone program devoted to some specific task, it may be more attractive to do it that way.

Regards,
s

disciple

Re: planner

#32 Post by disciple »

technosaurus wrote:
sc0ttman wrote:
(I'm probably too dumb anyway... but) How would I go about trying to compile planner without glade?
I couldn't understand the manual changes (last steps), not sure about using Glade, and couldn't find the gtk-converter-thing

Also, is it even possible with planner?

(I like the idea of Puppy moving away from using glade,
as we now have stuff in GTK itself (gtk-builder, is it?) to replace it.. less bloat)
I didn't want to mention this, but since you brought it up...

the basic idea appears to be: convert the glade/ui files to gtkbuilder format (possibly automatically using glade? or manually or some of each) If a hybrid conversion is required, maybe try removing/replacing libglade specifics from the .glade files before modifying any C code to see if it is usable before attempting to convert and replace the glade references in C with the corresponding gtkbuilder code... crap that didn't even make sense to me, so I will bulletize it, I tend not to F that up as much:
1. open each glade/ui file in glade
2. try to save it as a gtkbuilder project
2a. take note of the warnings that glade gives
3. remove/change/replace the referenced warnings with code that is glade AND gtkbuilder compatible.
4. run Planner and check the modified GUIs
5. if all GUIs are at least acceptable modify the C for gtkbuilder, convert the xml files and recompile.
6. if when you get it running with gtkbuilder, add back any functionality you had to remove previously

anyhow here is what ROX-Filer did:
http://repo.or.cz/w/rox-filer.git/commi ... d883255fa6

also disciple converted glipper-lite to use gtkbuilder
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 744#391744

though Puppy would probably benefit more from porting gtkdialog to use gtkbuilder, I am sure it is on the Planner wish list too.
sc0ttman - in the future it would be a good idea to provide links to whatever you're talking about. I'm guessing the "gtk-converter-thing" you mention is the old script for converting glade xml files to gtkbuilder format. IIRC the ui files generated by that script are a lot more compact than those created by the glade designer, so I'll have a look - I believe I have the script somewhere. I'll also check what information I have on converting glade to gtkbuilder - I think there's more than one guide.
What are the "manual changes (last steps)" you couldn't understand? Is that a reference to all the changes you need to make to the c code, or is it just the last changes that you might need to do after following a guide to convert the more standard code?
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

disciple

#33 Post by disciple »

The gtk-builder-convert I have is a Python script, attached.
It is supposed to be part of GTK, so I would have thought it would be in Puppy's devx..

It looks like the only information I found for converting from glade to gtkbuilder was that at http://developer.gnome.org/gtk/2.24/gtk ... ilder.html,
and from the post that was based on:
That’s it basically. Don’t forget to adjust your Makefile.am to install the correct files and update POTFILES.in!
And the comment:
The biggest work is to GtkBuilder uses GtkUIManager to create menus. All your GtkMenuItem are replaced by GtkAction.
Attachments
gtk-builder-convert.bz2
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 382 times
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

charlie6

task settings

#34 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Technosaurus,
Using planner-0.14.5-hacked.pet, I happened to enter some tasks + durations + predecessors.
Digging into the tasks settings, right clicking on a task opens a pop up menu there the «edit task» option opens another menu; under «General» thumbnail, task duration etc... can be modified, excepted the «Schedule» which is 'screwed' on 'Today + As soon as possible' settings..

So settings as «No earlier than - On fixed date - etc...» wouldn't be available?

This also simplify the use of planner. Do we need more for a fast and easy way of project management? :roll:
Is this a consequence of the -disable-python configure option?

Besides that, I got a try installing the planner archive from debian packages: it requires Python2.6.5 + dependencies (more than 30 files - 61MB uncompressed ! - the planner.exe that I also tried on Wine (it hanged up while doing a setting ...!?) file is about 10MB) ... :shock: !!!
On that install, other «Schedule» task settings are enabled ... but the needed memory space used is the "price to pay".

Thanks again!
Cheers, Charlie
Attachments
Set_Task.png
(52.09 KiB) Downloaded 687 times

sunilrathaur

planner

#35 Post by sunilrathaur »

planner is working fine in 5.9.3 slacko
thanks

Pelo

Dad, i miss a Gantt Project

#36 Post by Pelo »

Children want a Gantt project, Puppy has one, and nobody uses it !
Tux family ? No, Puppy's children . never they will be Businessmen :)
Software liste in Plannner joined is available and can be used with Puppy Linux (tested)
Tahrpup with its Qt libs can run quite all software found in Qt-apps (google it)
Attachments
planner.jpg
(74.53 KiB) Downloaded 189 times

Pelo

Gantt project at home

#37 Post by Pelo »

Gantt project at home.
Puppy has it's own planner to manage progress of building in workshop and office
Project 64 bits : great delay in providing applications
Attachments
template.tar.gz
User's process for a new Puppy to install on the family laptop(s).
(1.87 KiB) Downloaded 144 times