Epson scanner works in Slacko, not in Carolina

Booting, installing, newbie
mtzlplex

Epson scanner works in Slacko, not in Carolina

#1 Post by mtzlplex »

Hi to all. Today, I am looking for some guidance in installing a Epson Perfection 1260 scanner on Pupppy "Carolina 1.2" non pae Linux. Here is a little info.

1. Known good scanner
2. I have used this scanner on Puppy Slacko 5.6 with no problems. The scanner was recognized by both Xsane and Peasyscan.
3. Running Carolina from a 8GB Sandisk flashdrive on a Lenovo Thinkcentre dual core/2gig of ram.
4. Epson does provide drivers which I have downloaded, and extracted to it`s own file if needed. The file name is iscan_2.10.0-1.tar.g

It looks like Carolina doesn`t come with Xsane or Peasyscan out of the box, so I am a little at lost. As you can probably tell, I am the perverbial newbe. First time doing anything like this ,and yes, I have read the install instructions on the iscan drivers file, but it might as well have been written in Latin. Any and all help/ways to do this appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Regards
mtzlplex

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

I would post this same question in the "Carolina 1.2" topic.
Better chance of someone there knowing a solution.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=81312
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

mtzlplex

#3 Post by mtzlplex »

Thanks for the nudge bigpup. I had thought about doing that, but since it had been a year and a half since a post had been left in that thread, I thought it might have become dormant. I will follow your advice.

Regards
mtzlplex