Lupu 5.2 The pop-up of the Personalize - Settings

Please post any bugs you have found
BenNorthMiami

Lupu 5.2 The pop-up of the Personalize - Settings

#1 Post by BenNorthMiami »

I want to disable the automatic pop up window "Personalize - settings" that only shows it's self when the live cd is first starts.

If I accept the default settings and click "ok" and remaster the CD and reboot... that automatic pop-up window "Personalize - Settings" reappears again. What to do.

I know I can delete the program but then I end up deleting the country settings and maybe 3 other settings in the process.

UPDATE: I fixed it. I deleted the country settings. I didn't want to go that route but I didn't see any other options.

Snail

Remaster 525 Personalise settings

#2 Post by Snail »

This still happens with the remaster script of 525. Very annoying if you intend to run without a save file. To make matters worse, the country language setting falls back to US, instead of being fixed at the value set before remastering. Can this be fixed by editing the /root during remastering and, if so, how?

orangrimbo

#3 Post by orangrimbo »

Yes.... I wanto to know HOW? can anyone HELP us?

rerwin

#4 Post by rerwin »

orangrimbo,
Thanks for pressing this issue. I will provide a way to suppress the popup in remastered lupus. Wait a day or so and then check the lucid pup 5.2.8 Puppy Projects" thread for a posting of a "patch-7" dot-pet package. I need to modify a script, so that you can simply add a particular null file into /etc as part of the remaster process. I will give details when I make the posting.
Richard

rerwin

Fixed

#5 Post by rerwin »

orangrimbo, Snail, BenNorthMiami,
Actually, thanks to all of you for raising this issue. I have now posted the fix for Lucid Pup 5.2.8 here:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 222#572222

It also preserves the locale setting. Please let me know if there are other things that need to be preserved in the remaster.
Richard