Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 24 Apr 2014, 03:03
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Video
NVIDIA GeForce GT310DP 512MB PCIe X16
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
GuyllFyre

PostPosted: Thu 13 Oct 2011, 12:18    Post subject:  NVIDIA GeForce GT310DP 512MB PCIe X16
Subject description: HP system pulls, video card spares number 572029-001

NVIDIA GeForce GT310DP 512MB PCIe X16

Puppy 528 boots and video displays on my Mitsubishi TV using the DVI to HDMI converter.

Installing nVidia driver did not go smoothly. Used quickpet driver install, it suggested the nvidia driver, I said OK, it ran xorgconfig, chose probe, it kept using the nv driver instead.

Manually ran xorgconfig, chose the nvidia driver, system is now using the nvidia driver.

Minor issue though, settings set from the nvidia utility are not saving and coming back on reboot, so setting the overscan compensation to fit the picture on the screen is reset each time.

Also, the HD audio successfully passes from the DVI to HDMI through the converter but the ALSA setting keeps going back to using the on-board analog sound instead of the nVidia HD sound on reboot.
bigpup

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct 2011, 00:29    Post subject:  

When using the Nvidia X server Settings program.
Do not use apply button.
Use Save To X Configuration File button
This should put changes in the xorg.conf

bigpup

PostPosted: Tue 18 Oct 2011, 00:34    Post subject:  

Quote:
Also, the HD audio successfully passes from the DVI to HDMI through the converter but the ALSA setting keeps going back to using the on-board analog sound instead of the nVidia HD sound on reboot.

Try this:
Quote:
open Menu -> Multimedia Tools -> Alsamixer (alsamixer, not alsawizard). Press F6 and that will show you what sound devices have been detected and configured. If yours is not the top one then arrow down and click it, then make sure everything plausible is turned up. I have to do this with my “second” sound card (an M-Audio). Then to play through the M-Audio I use Audacious but one can also use Pmusic and any other audio player that allows you to choose which device to play through. I have to this also with my M-Audio and I use Audacious -> File -> Preferences -> Output Plugin Preferences to choose the card I want.

If none of this works, then try alsawizard. The thing about alsawizard is that after it runs there is only one device configured--if that is the device you want then good, otherwise .....

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Video
Jump to: