Spot 5.3 on an Acer laptop: The Journey Begins

News, happenings
Icyos

Spot 5.3 on an Acer laptop: The Journey Begins

#1 Post by Icyos »

Hi All

As promised I have installed Spot 5.3 on me lapdog full HD Install on an Acer 5552, ATi Card, 320Gb HD, 8Gig of Ram etc. Please come join me as we use what I rekon will; be one of the best operating systems ever and it's perfect for newer pc's. Ill be posting lot's of stuff on it here and on me tube so please come check it out.

01micko

Re: The Journey Begins

#2 Post by 01micko »

Icyos wrote:Hi All

As promised I have installed Spot 5.3 on me lapdog full HD Install on an Acer 5552, ATi Card, 320Gb HD, 8Gig of Ram etc. Please come join me as we use what I rekon will; be one of the best operating systems ever and it's perfect for newer pc's. Ill be posting lot's of stuff on it here and on me tube so please come check it out.
Sounds good Icy 8)
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Icyos

#3 Post by Icyos »

Hey Micko

Hugs thanks buddy so grateful too ya hugs u more.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#4 Post by Lobster »

Tried twice to post a comment on your vid
See below.
Twice told an error occurred, subscribed, still a problem
Had the same thing with a SneakyLinux vid yesterday
Are google being evil to me?
Distrowatch have a special piece of code to ensure I am not the first poster - they maybe consider me some sort of Puppy Spammer?

Must curb my enthusiasm . . . :wink:
Looking forward to the adventure :)
Puppy is a participatory Linux. You learn to do stuff. We call it a do-acracy. By Christmas we will have more software. Further improvements. A derivative or two. Interest from Slackware developers and so on. http://puppylinux.org/wikka/SlackoNews
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

Icyos

#5 Post by Icyos »

Hey Lobster

Hugs u sorry about that buddy ill tear a strip off youtube :), thanks for the support though and hope you enjoy it all.

Icyos

#6 Post by Icyos »

Hi All

Ok so first impressions of spot are very good indeed, its reading my 8Gb of ram no problems and seems very stable indeed, copied all my music and films to the hard drive with no issues at all. Plugged in my Orange Rio phone and it charged up straight away and asked me if I wanted to access the storage, let me access the 32Gb sd card onboard the phone so I am very happy indeed. I have now installed the MESA graphics driver and again no isuues and very fast operation, so glad the Acer is getting used properly at last. The frisbee wireless utility is perfect and allows the Acer to hold a wireless connection out the box so again thanks guys thats perfect.

Just installed Vendetta Online and all is perfect, smooth graphics and crips sound just hope xvidcap can record it and ill grab Micko and snog him. :)

Thanks all more updates as I do em but for now i am really excited with Spot, happy days :)

Icyos

#7 Post by Icyos »

Hi All
So we have ripped a DvD, installed Gimp, Web Apps, Pidgin, Tor, Libre Office, Skype, Wine, Moonlight, Updated all the repos, VBox 4.1.4.2 and installed Windows 7 Pro to VBox without a hitch. All in all a perfect experience, my only wish is for GTKRecordmydesktop as xvidcap is dodgy to say the least. Is there any chance that we can get GTKrecordmydesktop .pet for slacko please.