Problems with the battery icon in the tray

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
JurviZ

Problems with the battery icon in the tray

#1 Post by JurviZ »

I found a few threads on battery issues, but none exactly like mine, so I thought I'll post.

I think I might have a battery issue, or at least an issue with the tray icon.

The battery icon itself is red, and the info I get when I click it says that my battery is non-rechargeable, and that it's draining power. The percentage of power left, though, does not change. This is when I'm hooked up to power. If I unplug, the percentage will start to go down, and when I replug the power cord, the drop will stop, but the percentage never increases.

If the info is anything to go on, the problem, if there even is one, seems to be that the system thinks my battery is non-rechargeable. Do such things even exist? Is the operating system really preventing my battery from charging, or is the bug just in the info?

Computer: Fujitsu Siemens Amilo La 1703

Battery info:

present: yes
design capacity: 2000 mWh
last full capacity: 615 mWh
battery technology: non-rechargeable
design voltage: 11100 mV
design capacity warning: 200 mWh
design capacity low: 0 mWh
cycle count: 0
capacity granularity 1: 0 mWh
capacity granularity 2: 0 mWh
model number: SMP-SA200AA1
serial number: 0AA1
battery type: LION
OEM info: SMP

Thanks.

JurviZ

#2 Post by JurviZ »

OK. The issue seems to have subsided.

My computer crashed a few times, causing the slackosave.sf2 file to go suffer from some disk errors. After this the battery indicator started working, but my wlan was shot! I fixed the disk errors, and now both the battery tray applet and my wlan work. :D