Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 22 Dec 2014, 20:58
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
wireless usb combo keyboard & mouse work (P2a)
Moderators: Flash, Ian, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
kensands

PostPosted: Mon 03 Apr 2006, 09:00    Post subject:  wireless usb combo keyboard & mouse work (P2a)  

none of the newer style single usb connection wireless desktops I've tried work in puppy (3 logitech ones)

they work in ubuntu, and pclinux etc

in puppy the keyboard seems to work but once all is selected the mouse just jumps up and down the screen selecting everything it can.

the keyboard and mouse connect via a singe usb dongle. (looks lke a usb memory stick)

maybe it's a newer kernal thing? any ideas?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
ApeMan

PostPosted: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 17:00    Post subject: Re: usb wireless desktop (keyboard & mouse)  

kensands wrote:
none of the newer style single usb connection wireless destops I've tried work in puppy (3 logetec ones)

they work in ubuntu, and pclinux etc

in puppy the keyboard seems to work but once all is selected the mouse just jumps up and down the screen selecting everything it can.

the keyboard and mouse connect via a singe usb dongle. (looks like a usb memory stick)

maybe it's a newer kernal thing? any ideas?

I have a logitech external keyboard and mouse connected to my Toshiba Satellite (laptop). When I boot up Puppy 1.0.8r1, I get the same problem with the mouse and keyboard effectively being unusable. At this stage I have to just power off since I can't do anything else.

If I disconnect the external mouse and keyboard and try to boot, my laptop's keyboard and touch-pad don't work either, so, I get the same problem. I have to cut the power to reboot, and I can't even use Puppy.

Is there any way to actually use Puppy on my laptop?
ApeMan

PostPosted: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 19:08    Post subject:  

Ok, I was able to get Puppy working with my laptop finally. I made sure to remove the USB device before booting and then I chose PS/2 mouse for my touch-pad. So the touch-pad works, but I'd rather use an external mouse.

I have a single USB cable for both mouse and keyboard. If I plug it in after I've already booted into Puppy, I can use the keyboard, but not the mouse...Any tips on how to get it working?

Thanks,

ApeMan
ApeMan

PostPosted: Sat 08 Apr 2006, 21:22    Post subject: It works!  

Wow!

I just happened to download and try the Puppy 2 alpha snapshot (March 29 2006) and it booted up the 1st time recognizing my mouse and keyboard, no problem!

I'm extremely impressed!
kensands

PostPosted: Fri 21 Apr 2006, 11:51    Post subject:  

excellent, as I suspected the newer kernel must have improved usb mouse/keyboard support.

I'll be downloading puppy 2 soon as I get home.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger 
Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware
Jump to: