Slacko B3

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
01micko

#181 Post by 01micko »

Stripe wrote:hi all

all is well in touchpad land, with the original 499.5 flsyclient if you increase the tapping time to more than 0 the touchpad will tap

would it be possible to set the default as greater than 0 so tapping will work out of the box?

:oops: sorry mick if I have wasted any of your valuable time :oops:

don
I'm reluctant to change the defaults as it may adversely affect others.

My son's HP is still garbage. It absolutely needs that little flloopfix script I wrote for B2.

Here's the plan. Shino's app is written for the lupu skinny xorg.conf which fails in Slacko, but it did give me some ideas. I will write a wrapper for flsynclient where if it works for you then you carry on as normal, if not the config is written to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d. It works for me and I think JonT.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

jpeps

notecase-Pro libs

#182 Post by jpeps »

libs to run notecase pro:

01micko

#183 Post by 01micko »

Posting from B4 on my Brookdale :D

Looking ok at my end ....... Frisbee, savefiles, shutdown, touchpads, etc etc

Uploading...
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#184 Post by Lobster »

We (the Slacko faithful) is ready 4 downloading. :D

Gonna start another new initiative in cutting edge called 'Slacko Security'.
I will need some help. What I know about security can be written on a matchbox with room for a swan . . . 8)

Where are our intrepid compilers? Are they still on vacation? Have they been hijacked by the Ubuntu, down with the Debian?
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

jpeps

#185 Post by jpeps »

re ram useage: seems to be stable after I switching off weather-station widget; don't think there's any issue with the kernel config. I compared loading firefox (my copy) and logging onto gmail with lucid 5.2.5 with dog:
Dog actually did better with 213156K vs 253156K used (thats just for the browser!). Want to know why I use Dillo and Links?

rodin.s

Re: xorgwizard and 3g-modem

#186 Post by rodin.s »

01micko wrote:Ok, about the savage card, is it using vesa driver? IMHO xorgwizard could be more friendly and restart automatically with a message to try a different driver or something.
usb-mode-switch was updated to 1.19, oh, did you add the usb patch? Please try this one first else try the other one on the previous page.
After installing libusb-compat-0.1.3-i486-s.pet modem works. And the savage card is using savage driver selected in first xorgwizard.

Jades

#187 Post by Jades »

rcrsn51 wrote:@jades: Here is a driver PET for your Deskjet 720C. It has been available in the forum for a while. This is a pretty basic driver, so I don't know why the other distros would add a bunch of dependencies.
The thing i found amusing was that the total size of the dependencies of the one I was using on Luci/Lupu were nearly three times the size of the actual pet! Didn't half clutter up the installed packages list!
rcrsn51 wrote:Could you please test it in Slacko?
Tested on Betas 3 and 4. Installed pet first then went into CUPS to set it up. Successfully printed a test page in both versions of Slacko.

Is it a generic pet for all Woof puppies or is it specific for Slacko?

Thanks for pointing it out to me,
Zhaan - AMD K6 2 500, 512MB RAM, ATI Rage 128 VR. Full install Wary 5.5 [url=http://tinyurl.com/dy66kh8]HardInfo Report[/url]
Merlin - Core i5-4590, 8GB RAM, Radeon R9 270X. Slacko 5.7.0

rcrsn51

#188 Post by rcrsn51 »

Jades wrote:Is it a generic pet for all Woof puppies or is it specific for Slacko?
This driver has been available here since Puppy 4, but as a tarball. It should work in any Puppy.

Thanks for testing.

Tasgarth

#189 Post by Tasgarth »

nooby
about my sound problem slacko B3):
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... &start=120
Thanks

Jades

#190 Post by Jades »

rcrsn51 wrote:
Jades wrote:Is it a generic pet for all Woof puppies or is it specific for Slacko?
This driver has been available here since Puppy 4, but as a tarball. It should work in any Puppy.
I probably didn't think of searching the forum or was confused by the word tarball - I'm still quite new to Linux terminology, my main background's in RISC OS and Windows. Since there was a package that worked on PPM I didn't think to look further.
rcrsn51 wrote:Thanks for testing.
My pleasure. I might give it a shot on a fresh installation of Lupu 528 to see how it gets on.
Zhaan - AMD K6 2 500, 512MB RAM, ATI Rage 128 VR. Full install Wary 5.5 [url=http://tinyurl.com/dy66kh8]HardInfo Report[/url]
Merlin - Core i5-4590, 8GB RAM, Radeon R9 270X. Slacko 5.7.0

DaveS

#191 Post by DaveS »

rcrsn51 wrote:

Thanks for testing.
HP printer driver from here http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 080#444080 works well with Photosmart C4380 thanks...............
Spup Frugal HD and USB
Root forever!