Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.1.10.3 SMP multicore optimized version

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
Tman

#616 Post by Tman »

jpeps,
Thanks for gnewpet. Like Pemasu said; it will be a handy and useful tool.

Pemasu,
Exprimo 5.X.13.5 SMP is running well for me, albiet I only use simple LAN connection so wifi is never a problem for me.

Just a small bug: /usr/local/bin/ppm doesn't work right when I type 'ppm' in the terminal. For some reason it doesn't want to work as a symlink. Making a wrapper script works fine for me.

et all,
I have updated my Iron Web Browser pet and sfs. It took me a while to get the sfs right; but I now learned more how sfs files work in puppy.
The pet gives you a choice to set the defaultbrowser or not. They can be downloaded from here:
http://www.smokey01.com/Tman/apps/dpup-apps/
-

pemasu

#617 Post by pemasu »

Thanks Tman of your Iron Browser update.
About ppm symlink. That is interesting. I tested it and noticed the same problem. The symlink is the way which comes from woof of from Shinobar`s. I think both have the symlink. So...the need for wrapper is something new.

jpeps

#618 Post by jpeps »

Tman wrote:jpeps,
Thanks for gnewpet. Like Pemasu said; it will be a handy and useful tool.
Thanks for trying it
I have updated my Iron Web Browser pet and sfs. It took me a while to get the sfs right; but I now learned more how sfs files work in puppy.
The pet gives you a choice to set the defaultbrowser or not. They can be downloaded from here:
http://www.smokey01.com/Tman/apps/dpup-apps/
-
I tried the sfs version; it had a lot of duplicate libs, some with older versions:

In Base:
libavcodec.so.53 libavcodec.so.52
libavcodec.so.53 libavcodec.so.52
libavformat.so.53 libavformat.so.52
libavutil.so.51 libavutil.so.50
libnspr4.so
libnss3.so
libnssckbi.so
libnssutil3.so
libplc4.so
libplds4.so
libsmime3.so
libsoftokn3.so
libssl3.so

Iron initially loaded up, but after closing and trying to run again i got:

Code: Select all

/opt/iron-16/iron: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Edit: Not to worry...the lib is a deprecated link in my remaster (to the removed firefox folder). An SFS of your pet package looks good.

smokey01

#619 Post by smokey01 »

jpeps I really like the additions you have make to gnewpet. Being able to use both installed packages and builtin_files to create a PET is really useful.

It's great that you can change the PET filename in the new version space. It would be great if this also worked for builtin_files.

Even better if the info was gleaned from pet.specs and the version was added to the PET filename.

Are you aware of:
/root/.packages/woof-installed-packages

Is this useful?

I don't believe it would be easy to code and I don't expect you to do it. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Cheers

jpeps

#620 Post by jpeps »

smokey01 wrote:
Are you aware of:

Is this useful?

I don't believe it would be easy to code and I don't expect you to do it. Just throwing some ideas out there.

Cheers
It's a nice idea...the petspecs are already there. Definitely worth looking at.

backi

#621 Post by backi »

Hi folks !
Installed opera 11 and opera- next on dpup exprimo .

there is video but no sound .
Installed the newest flashplug ins . put them to the right places (usr/lib/mozilla/plugins and usr/lib/opera/plugins----usr/lib/opera-next/plugins ) these paths are set in preferences plugins in opera .
but opera does not find them . Why ?
In about:plugins the flashplugins are not shown . Firefox works .
Any idea ?

CatDude

#622 Post by CatDude »

Hi
jpeps wrote:
smokey01 wrote:
Are you aware of:

Is this useful?

Cheers
It's a nice idea...the petspecs are already there. Definitely worth looking at.

You might find this script BarryK posted useful

CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

pemasu

#623 Post by pemasu »

And here is that script. Remove the phony .gz and change the exec permissions.
Attachments
pkgsinlivecd.gz
(1.25 KiB) Downloaded 167 times

pemasu

#624 Post by pemasu »

Here is the latest movgrab-1.1.8. Compiled in dpup. SSL connections enabled.

What-how-how to use it ?

https://sites.google.com/site/columscode/home/movgrab

And this from stu90. http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 457#603457
Attachments
movgrab-1.1.8.pet
(63.81 KiB) Downloaded 213 times

pemasu

#625 Post by pemasu »

Libpng has vulnerability. The malformed .png...vulnerable libpng and vulnerable browser is potentially vulnerable combination in net pages which wants to hijack your computer.

I did download the fixed libpng from squeeze security-upload page.

I also did test the other solution for firefox. I removed all previous symlinks and now the other browsers should not have problems due to those symlinks.

Movgrab-1.1.8 has been updated. Mplayer is now mplayer2-2.0. It plays radio stations also. Tested now. Mplayer-Gui plays finnish pop music in background. Geany-0.21 recompiled and usual plugins included.
Rox-Filer is now the latest patched. See Barry`s blog. Rc.shutdown has now generic umount for all kind network shares...also with spaces in share names. Thank you Shinobar. Our loop master. Pmusic-2.4.4. Quick-launch-2.7. Firefox still 10, I let it update to 10.02. Flash content, youtube seems to work. Gxmessage updated to Barry`s compile. Ffconvert-1.2 should have new additions to the presets.
Jpep`s testlinks script added to the /root/my-applications/bin.

I didnt use the latest woof...there are so many changes due to internatiolization that I would like to see Barry first announces his first test Wary-Racy which uses all that stuff. So many crucial scripts has gone through internationalization that I wonder if there would not be some problems....so I wait now.....

And I forgot to update jpeps latest and greatest Gnewpet. Please forgive me. The latest Gnewpet will be in next upload.

And what does Pmusic-2.4.4 offer with all dependencies fullfilled:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 731#605731
Thank you 01micko !!! Great review. Good pics tells more than one lousy Finn could ever explain in words.

Dpup Exprimo 5.X.13.6 has been uploaded. Kernel 3.1.10.
Yes...I have 3.2.5 kernel build also....but...I would like to use this now. This kernel is the same version number as in latest Slacko and so...possible driver or firmware additions applies to both. Helps debugging.
Size 128 Mb. Xz compression. Makes it smaller download...for devx sfs also.

Download link: http://www.smokey01.com/pemasu/DpupSque ... rimo5X136/

James C

#626 Post by James C »

Fresh manual frugal install of 5.x.13.6....... will not make a save file. Lots of error messages zooming by about "syntax errors" etc.

James C

#627 Post by James C »

James C wrote:Fresh manual frugal install of 5.x.13.6....... will not make a save file. Lots of error messages zooming by about "syntax errors" etc.

Messages were going by rather quickly but I 'think" it's line 75 at /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown.

jpeps

#628 Post by jpeps »

This version attempts to search the woof petspecs for the correct name, and automatically chooses its first find for the default name. I enabled the update name, so you can enter a new name there. This version will build a petspecs file in the package taken from woof. Some of the woof names will be .deb.pet if it was a deb file

Edit" I think there's just going to be to many ambiguous search hits with this approach, since the names on the builtin list are way to vague.

UPDATE: Removed woof search altogether. Keep original name or update builtins the same as with user pets. The builtins already have petspec info listed, so it really isn't necessary to regenerate it anyway.
Attachments
gnewpet-5.8.pet
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Last edited by jpeps on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 07:08, edited 2 times in total.

James C

#629 Post by James C »

James C wrote:
James C wrote:Fresh manual frugal install of 5.x.13.6....... will not make a save file. Lots of error messages zooming by about "syntax errors" etc.

Messages were going by rather quickly but I 'think" it's line 75 at /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown.
Just to confirm, I downloaded again, verified the md5 again and burned a cd this time.Still will not make a save file.Same error messages.

pemasu

#630 Post by pemasu »

Thanks James C. The /etc/rc.d/rc.shutdown network shares unmounting loop was incorrect. Probably my mistake.
I have fixed it. I will reupload the build this evening after work.
But here is the fixed file as pet.

And now the rc.shutdown in woof have network shares umounting which handles the spaces in names.
Posted on 20 Feb 2012, 8:06 by BarryK
Network shares umount
Ok, I have put this into rc.shutdown:
umount -a -t cifs,smbfs,nfs,sshfs
...although you guys haven't told me if the busybox umount accepts the comma delimiter.
Attachments
shutdown-fix-0.0.1.pet
(18.63 KiB) Downloaded 192 times
Last edited by pemasu on Mon 20 Feb 2012, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.

jpeps

#631 Post by jpeps »

smokey: Added update function for builtins ..same as user pets. Hope that's sufficient.

smokey01

#632 Post by smokey01 »

Thanks mate.

I have just downloaded it and will test it soon.
jpeps wrote:smokey: Added update function for builtins ..same as user pets. Hope that's sufficient.

pemasu

#633 Post by pemasu »

Newest Gnewpet will be in my reuploaded 5.X.13.6. With rc.shutdown correct loop or Barry`s used method. I will test it also before I create fixed woof build.

Tman

#634 Post by Tman »

hi Pemasu,

Where can I get Xorg High or Mesa drivers for Xprimo SMP?

pemasu

#635 Post by pemasu »

From exprimo repo. Called xorg-high-0.0.1.pet and .sfs. They are not kernel spesific.