How to use mtPaint to make an image from two images?

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
wjaguar

#31 Post by wjaguar »

technosaurus wrote:I do wish mtpaint had some command line options to access some its features. Topmost would be image conversion. It's really easy to open any image format it supports and save it as another, but if you could specify it at the command line, we could use it for batch processing... amongst others.
Once upon a time, Mark Tyler made a library from modified mtPaint sources, and it included, among its example programs, a commandline-driven image processing app 'mifcon'. This is the "libmtpixel" package on Sourceforge.
Problem was, the interfaces got bitrotten almost immediately, so there was no hope of cheaply integrating this into the core project, and no one of us wanted to maintain libmtpixel as a fork. So it remained stuck at version 0.40 (forked off mtPaint 3.14.42).
If I copied the commandline-handling part of 'mifcon' into mtPaint, it would add about 30-35 kb to binary size.
don570 wrote:To resize the clipboard--->
Select a portion of a picture.
Put selection in a numbered clipboard.
mtpaint allows multiple clipboards.
Using Rox-filer go to /root and see the hidden files.
When done right, it's a lot less intimidating than that. ;-)
- Copy the portion of image to clipboard;
- Do 'Edit->Paste to new layer';
- Resize that layer;
- Copy it whole to clipboard;
- Switch to the original layer and paste.

technosaurus

#32 Post by technosaurus »

wjaguar wrote:If I copied the commandline-handling part of 'mifcon' into mtPaint, it would add about 30-35 kb to binary size.
... but how many other binaries could it eliminate? probably 10 times that
all of the *to*, jpeg*, png* convert(and others from imagemagick) exactimage ... too many to name - its too bad it got forked into bitrot

many of these tools do a mediocre job and i find myself having to use mtpaint manually anyways

... same goes for the -v option - a few kb there (mostly gui) could replace the image viewer
Check out my [url=https://github.com/technosaurus]github repositories[/url]. I may eventually get around to updating my [url=http://bashismal.blogspot.com]blogspot[/url].

don570

#33 Post by don570 »

I've been practising using a new upper layer to do rescaling and
hue changes. I wrote a tutorial.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 459#590459

greengeek

#34 Post by greengeek »

puppyluvr wrote: A parable:
"My cars transmission requires I pull back on the lever to put it in drive, this is not intuitive, I should push it FORWARD to go FORWARD!!"

But yet, you learned to do it, and the auto makers didnt change the cars to match your ideas of how it should be...

Sometimes, intuitive is a personal perspective...
Funny that I should stumble across this parable. I nearly hit a brick wall today for exactly this reason - WHY do the automakers insist on making us pull the transmission stick BACKWARDS in order to go FORWARDS???!!@#$#!!!??

I've been driving a manual ('stickshift') for 38 years and cannot understand why an automatic transmission has to have backwards controls - it explains why so many old people drive through shop windows...!

Pelo

Mtpaint was working fine,

#35 Post by Pelo »

I was surfing graphic category to act that last Mtpaint version was working fine, once installed on Greyhound XFCE Puppy. What an idea to delete MTpaint from a Puppy ! So Useful, so easy.
To make one image from two images, i am interested, photo editing has always been my Hobby ( computing no !)
Topic on translation to french, if worth of it.
Subject was forgotten in he depth of the forum, in spite of it's a classical request of photo editing. It's time for people coming back and use Puppy Linux, once installed.