Gimp Plugins - Python Layer Effects (solved)

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
dalebednell

Gimp Plugins - Python Layer Effects (solved)

#1 Post by dalebednell »

Hi guys
Can any body help how to install python layer effects in gimp

Thanks in advance Dale
Last edited by dalebednell on Mon 29 Aug 2011, 07:01, edited 1 time in total.

russoodle

#2 Post by russoodle »

Hi Dale,

Can these effects not be installed in the same way as other Gimp filters, ie. in the plugins directory?

If not, then a likely person to help you with this would be CatDude....he's very tuned in to most things Puppy and graphics in particular. He's contributed several tutorials to the forums as well.

I would also like to suggest that you post questions like this one in the "Users" section of the forums, where you're more likely to receive a faster response. This section is actually for suggestions on what features, bufixes etc. might be required in future versions of Puppy :wink:

Hope you find this helpful,
russoodle

EDIT: hang about there, Dale, there might be a good package available for d/l soon, if we're lucky..
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

russoodle

#3 Post by russoodle »

OK....you don't mention what version of Puppy you're running, but Ttuuxxx put together a great package a while back, which CatDude has his paws on and has uploaded to my server:
http://puppylinuxstuff.meownplanet.net/ ... ollection/
Enter username: puppy and pawsword: linux

Note: check CatDude's readme file first, so you might know whether or not this package will be compatible with what you're using.
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

dalebednell

Gimp Plugins - Python Layer Effects

#4 Post by dalebednell »

Hi Dude
Thanks for responding sorry i did put this post in the wrong heading and i using puppy 5.2.6 and have gimp 2.6 installed and would like to install layer effects
the read me text in the link you gave said works for puppy 4 series so should it work for 5 series? ill give it a go later

Thanks again

Dale

russoodle

#5 Post by russoodle »

Hi Dale,

I don't know if it will work on later versions than mentioned in CatDude's readme, but after you've tried it, would you please let us know how it goes?
You're the guinea-pig :wink:

Thanks.

dalebednell

#6 Post by dalebednell »

Sorry to take a long time to respond and test gimp plugins from catdude after installing the packet gimp changed to an older gimp but still worked and had the python effect that i wanted but i did not test more than that so did every thing work i don't know

dalebednell

#7 Post by dalebednell »

Sorry to take a long time to respond and test gimp plugins from catdude after installing the packet gimp changed to an older gimp but still worked and had the python effect that i wanted but i did not test more than that so did every thing work i don't know :)