Linux 3.0.3 with Aufs3, BFS, 64/32 bit kernel, PAE, etc.

News, happenings
Tman

#16 Post by Tman »

"Please forgive us of our tresspasses, as we forgive those who tresspass against us."

I used to call myself a Christian, but now I feel that pretty much all of the major religions are good. There's more than one path up the mountain of spirituality.

We all have our flaws and I don't claim to be more holy than the next guy.

Welcome back Lowtech.

l0wt3ch

#17 Post by l0wt3ch »

Two weeks ago, I rebuilt the 3.0 kernel using the latest source and patches, and it worked brilliantly on my full install with zero issues.

I meant to post the source and kernel .pet then, so that others could help me squash the bugs that remain, but I've been having trouble with Russoodle's server.

I get some time off work soon, and I hope to post more encouraging results then.

pemasu

#18 Post by pemasu »

Check the wuxiandianzi thread about 3.0.X puplet. Rodin.s posted there those 3 scripts which expects 2.6.X kernel. They need to be updated to build 3.0.X kernel puppy.

l0wt3ch

#19 Post by l0wt3ch »

I know the filemnt script needs to be hacked.

Can you post a link plz Pemasu?

puppyluvr

#20 Post by puppyluvr »

:D Hello,
Talent comes, and talent goes... Glad to see this talent come back...
By the "rt" I assume it is another realtime kernel?
Any chance you`d pet up that kernel for "woofing"???
Close the Windows, and open your eyes, to a whole new world
I am Lead Dog of the
Puppy Linux Users Group on Facebook
Join us!

Puppy since 2.15CE...

pemasu

#21 Post by pemasu »

l0wt3ch

#22 Post by l0wt3ch »

@ puppyluvr: I want to make an awesome general-use kernel based on 3.0 - none had been available when I started this thread , so I was trying to fill a gap, "give back " to the Puppy community sorta thing.

@ Pemasu: Thanks! Ill try that out as soon as I can. :)

scsijon

#23 Post by scsijon »

firstly may I say, WOW, what a step!

secondly, talk to barry, he has been blogging about staying with the 2.6.x kernals for all the work needed to handle 3.x.x AS WELL AS keeping 2.6.x within woof, maybe you would consider either taking the task on for him or just doing "the rough work"?

and, does a version of your kernal include btrfs (please), consider secondary cache being compressed, but primary not, a rough equivalent!

welcome back anyway!

scsijon

l0wt3ch

#24 Post by l0wt3ch »

lowtech
bremer
Mystery X
l0wt3ch

These are all the same person.
Not true.

lowtech is another user who just happens to have a similar name.

bremer was a public BugMeNot account that I used for a while, mostly before joining the forum, that multiple people used.

Mystery X was mysterious, but...

I only go by "l0wt3ch" (since getting my username back), and previously made it clear that I was posting under different aliases ("This is l0wt3ch behind seven proxies") when I couldn't use that handle.

So get a life.

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#25 Post by JohnMurga »

l0wt3ch wrote:I only go by "l0wt3ch" (since getting my username back), and previously made it clear that I was posting under different aliases ("This is l0wt3ch behind seven proxies") when I couldn't use that handle.

So get a life.
The post you replied to was mode a by a user who seemed specifically created to upset you, drive you away, whatever. I can confirm from the logs that you are not all those people ...

However, the user who made the posts uses the same kinda proxies as others who seek to discredit the forum (not going to say who, as I may awaken the Kraken again LOL).

Some people really do have to get a life ;-)

Cheers
John de Murga

James C

#26 Post by James C »

Just waiting for you to magically get deleted. :)
My post made sense until the sockpuppet posts above were deleted. :lol:

arcanis

#27 Post by arcanis »

I just want to know about the kernel. Is there any news about this kernel? Is there now a working version of this kernel? What about the kernel?
:?

l0wt3ch

#28 Post by l0wt3ch »

I'm sorry, but work has taken all of my time, and I haven't got all the bugs out of my kernel.

However, you will be happy to know that Barry has released his own 3.0 kernel.

arcanis

#29 Post by arcanis »

Thank you. I understand about life intervening. I will check out BK's kernel now.
Thanks. :D