Massive user clean up

News, happenings
ilanrab

Re: Massive user clean up

#31 Post by ilanrab »

JohnMurga wrote:Hi,
I have just completed a huge clean up of users who had never posted.
All in all I think it was about 12,000 users.
John de Murga
Finding 12k users' locations and "taking care of them" must have taken a lot of time and resources. You could have used all that time to build a few more disk drives from scratch. :twisted:
It might have been wiser to simply threaten the users' families, instead of taking your frustrations out on the users themselves. Just a suggestion for the next round of user culling. :evil:

And, John, please don't forget those sleepers. These insidious registrants post once every few months. They are simply waiting, for the right moment, to pounce on us all with their devilish schemes. Better put some safeguards, in place, to protect us all against these malicious scum bags.
[b]ir[/b]

tabbycat

#32 Post by tabbycat »

saintless wrote: About the massive clean up of user accounts my opinion is there should be some rule like "If you don't visit your account for over a month, or you don't have any posts for that period, your account will be deleted." This will solve the problem with unused accounts quickly and without further discussion.
With all due respect, please don't.

I am here quite often just to read and do not post much, Surely there are other readers doing the same. This forum is an awesome archive of great information. I have learned so much, and have never had to ask a question. (I like to learn at my own pace, then deploy what I've learned, then challenge myself further.)

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#33 Post by JohnMurga »

tabbycat wrote:
saintless wrote: About the massive clean up of user accounts my opinion is there should be some rule like "If you don't visit your account for over a month, or you don't have any posts for that period, your account will be deleted." This will solve the problem with unused accounts quickly and without further discussion.
With all due respect, please don't.

I am here quite often just to read and do not post much, Surely there are other readers doing the same. This forum is an awesome archive of great information. I have learned so much, and have never had to ask a question. (I like to learn at my own pace, then deploy what I've learned, then challenge myself further.)
I am only cleaning up usernames who have 0 posts, if you haven't been active in a while there is always a chance that you will come back (and I hope you do so).

As soon as you have at least one post you are safe for ever :-)
John de Murga

Cheers
John de Murga