Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Thu 27 Nov 2014, 20:21
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Lucid Puppy 5.2.8 - Updated ISO Version 005 - APR 05 2012
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 61 of 190 [2845 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, ..., 188, 189, 190 Next
kevin bowers

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec 2011, 21:47    Post subject: Link to IU4 is broken!  

I finally got around to trying to download and install Instant Update 004, but the link to it on the first page of this thread took me to Instant Update 002! Am I the first to try the IU link? Or did everybody else forget to procrastinate, just immediately use the link in the body of the thread somewhere around page 50? I'll look for it and try it.

Edit: I did not find a link to IU004 anywhere, only to 528.004.iso. Not in this thread, not on ibiblio or nluug. Only the broken link on the first page. Please help!
James C

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec 2011, 22:21    Post subject:  

playdayz wrote:
Quote:
But reading more in the same thread it appears that libgconf2-4_3.1.6 pet solved the problem and Chrome/Iron started working.

Good. That's it. The recent pets assume that the libgconf from Instant Update 002 is installed. (I didn't know that could result in illegal instruction though.)

Quote:
I've always heard that the memory is the first thing to go.....

What were we talking about? Wink

Maybe my memory isn't totally gone yet. Laughing

Lucid 528.004 live pfix=ram on the Athlon XP box.Installed Chromium 16 from Quickpet.A hint, I'm posting this from SeaMonkey.

After Chromium wouldn't run I installed libgconf and no change.
ppm.png
 Description   
 Filesize   11.23 KB
 Viewed   1339 Time(s)

ppm.png

lucid 528.004.png
 Description   
 Filesize   9.44 KB
 Viewed   1363 Time(s)

lucid 528.004.png

James C

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec 2011, 22:41    Post subject:  

Uninstalled Chromium and libconf....installed latest Iron 15 pet.
iron 15.png
 Description   
 Filesize   155.25 KB
 Viewed   1340 Time(s)

iron 15.png

James C

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec 2011, 22:43    Post subject:  

Testing is fun..... Laughing
Geoffrey

PostPosted: Sat 24 Dec 2011, 23:22    Post subject:  

James C wrote:
Testing is fun..... Laughing

I installed Iron a little earlier on, it seems to not like Facebook and my bank, certificate issues, are you getting any problems with it?

I like the speed that it runs at, but it looks like I'll be back with Firefox at lest to do my banking.
Sage

PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec 2011, 03:02    Post subject:  

mikesLr:
Good Morning and Merry Christmastide to you, too!
Oh no, I haven't overlooked anything. Offshore you have the bones of salvation on a tiny island in the Caribbean. Yes, that's the one - the one which achieves ~99% literacy and had the best medical services in the world. The same one that Mr Sam has bullied mercilessly for decades. With a bit of tweaking it could become paradise. Mindless increases in consumption of goods and services is killing our planet.
It's about time even Keynesians & his adversaries got to grips with the fact that the true costs of equality of education and compassionate health care for all only permits salaries ~$10/month - there's no more left over. With true equality and highest quality of educational standards in pondsville, they'd be able to read the ancient philosophers, who, to a man (possibly also woman), agree that redistribution of wealth (and resources) is the most important task confronting H.sapiens. I would go further and say it is the only hope for civilisation. Samsland is new, though and has a very long way to go. Our own three millennial history may well not be a suitable model. Perhaps Oz will turn out better...

Just orf to run pd's alt-iso and to engage in some mindless capitalist excesses and some religious-inspired bigotry. Blwyddyn Newydd Dda!
playdayz

PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec 2011, 17:03    Post subject:  

Quote:
Lucid 528.004 live pfix=ram on the Athlon XP box.Installed Chromium 16 from Quickpet.A hint, I'm posting this from SeaMonkey.

I see. I thought the illegal instruction might mean something other than libgconf. What it might mean is that Iron and Chrome 16, when they are released, might also not run on P3 and Athlon XP. I do have a P3 to test on, but I am going out of town for a few days.

Happy Christmas to all and to all a good night.
majorfoo

PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec 2011, 18:50    Post subject:  

duplicate post
Last edited by majorfoo on Sun 25 Dec 2011, 18:59; edited 1 time in total
majorfoo

PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec 2011, 18:54    Post subject:  

James C wrote:

FYI - The Seamonkey-2.6 from Saluki also works in Luci-001 (3HD) and Lucid 528

http://www.datafilehost.com/download-731d6dcc.html
ferro10n

PostPosted: Sun 25 Dec 2011, 21:27    Post subject: Re: Link to IU4 is broken!  

kevin bowers wrote:
The link on the first page of this thread took me to Instant Update 002! I did not find a link to IU004 anywhere, only to 528.004.iso.

Confirmed, at the moment of writing this post the instant update 004 link in the first page leads to a file named instant unpdate 002 which size is about 4MB. Maybe it's actually IU004 but forgot to rename it? Laughing

otropogo

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec 2011, 12:08    Post subject:  

Sage wrote:
mikesLr:
... Offshore you have the bones of salvation on a tiny island in the Caribbean. Yes, that's the one - the one which achieves ~99% literacy and had the best medical services in the world. The same one that Mr Sam has bullied mercilessly for decades. With a bit of tweaking it could become paradise. ..

Cold War/Russian, East German support played a big role in creating this educational/medical advantage.

Given the racist, homophobic, and authoritarian tendencies still prevalent in this society, one has to question the depth of the educational foundation.

Quote:
...the true costs of equality of education and compassionate health care for all only permits salaries ~$10/month - there's no more left over.

"Left over" from what? Without ownership of property, or freedom of speech or choice, the calculation is meaningless. You can't eat money...

Quote:
With true equality and highest quality of educational standards in pondsville, they'd be able to read the ancient philosophers, who, to a man (possibly also woman), agree that redistribution of wealth (and resources) is the most important task confronting H.sapiens. ...

Do they really? It seems to me that the concept of "wealth" is a corollary of its concentration. So to "redistribute" it is an oxymoron. It only makes sense within a "wealthy" minority group that has appropriated the resources of the majority. Global "redistribution of wealth" is hard for me to imagine. Mao's backyard smithy disaster and the Red Guards fiasco come to mind.

Big government has amply proven its inability to manage national economies and even technologies, from the banking system to nuclear power. Does any thinking person still believe that marching morons in red neck scarves are going to save the world for or from humanity?

The most important task facing humanity in my view is to learn to recognize deliberate misinformation and its practitioners. Otherwise, civilization may not survive much longer.

Aitch

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec 2011, 13:09    Post subject:  

Quote:
The most important task facing humanity in my view is to learn to recognize deliberate misinformation and its practitioners. Otherwise, civilization may not survive much longer.

Gets a thumbs up from me...not wishing to detract from the thread's focus/intent

Aitch Smile
Jasper

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec 2011, 14:19    Post subject:  

Hi Flash, Sage, otropogo and whom it may concern,

This thread is entitled Lucid Puppy 5.2.8

The deletion of extensive and extraneous thread-clogging clutter seems due!

My regards
gcmartin

PostPosted: Mon 26 Dec 2011, 16:44    Post subject:  

@Playdayz, Nice. Check your PM
bigpup

PostPosted: Tue 27 Dec 2011, 02:26    Post subject:  

Found this reference to Firefox 9 issue.
Seems Firefox 9 update has same issue Firefox 8 had.
Firefox 9 -- next version, same game as FF 8.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=74623

Page 61 of 190 [2845 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, ..., 188, 189, 190 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: