Lucid 5.2.5-2.6.30.5 Danish keyboard setting not saved

Using applications, configuring, problems
Insomniacno1

Lucid 5.2.5-2.6.30.5 Danish keyboard setting not saved

#1 Post by Insomniacno1 »

Hi to all, i have a probleme wit this puppy. Whenever I set the keyboard layout to Danish(DK Denmark) xorgwizard inside puppy (not the one from terminal, its no longer setting the keyboard from terminal, only video) then its saves and I restart x, and there is US keyboard again.

If I look in the xorg.conf keyboard is not listed, there is a text sayig that this is because the xorgwizard is configuring this from now on.

If I try pupcontrol panel, then I can set the keyboard and contry selection, and all is fine - actually its not, because the settings don't seem to be saved. Next time I look, the country is Denmark but the keyboard US.

There is another place where you can change the HW, keyboard model, keyboard layout and keyboard variations - here I'm told that xorg dont have any info on xkb in xorg - of course not!!! As explained above, because xorgwizard has taken over configuring this!

My philippine friend would call this Loco Loco(crazy).

I'm a little lost here on how to change the keyboard to DK danish layout and make it stick to that, could someone help with this:)

with kind regards

Jan

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#2 Post by Béèm »

I seem to recall that this has been asked before.
Try to search keyboard dk with the puppy search link in my sig.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

Insomniacno1

#3 Post by Insomniacno1 »

No matter what I searched and tried I couldn't get it to work so I have moved to Puppy 4.2.1 were it now works just fine.

This is not the solution for others with the same problem, so experts, Please fix your puppies:)

With kind regards

Jan