Two-Headed Dog 528

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
playdayz

#106 Post by playdayz »

Two-Headed Dog has done its job. Nothing horrible turned up, so I went back on my medication and released it officially as Lucid 5.2.8.

If you have been using Two-Headed Dog, it is identical to Lucid 5.2.8 except for the naming. You can switch to Lucid 5.2.8 by renaming the lucisave file to lupusave and booting the Lucid 5.2.8 Live-CD, or by renaming the lucisave to lupusave and then opening the Lucid 5.2.8 iso file and copying the Lucid 5.2.8 files into the luci-528 directory (for a frugal install).

As always, fresh installations are the easiest.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70855

stiginge

#107 Post by stiginge »

ilanrab wrote: I had the same exact wlan0 issue, right after the Two-Headed Dog 528 installation, an hour ago.
My installation process was:
1. USBflash frugal type. Copied 3 files from the CD image to my primary partition. copied the lupusave file to my 2nd partition. Renamed it to lucisave.
I rebooted.
2. Came up fine, except the wireless net was not connected. I did the SNS setup and was able to use Chromium to get onto the internet.
I rebooted.
3. Came up fine, except the wireless connection was not working. I tried using SNS first. Nothing seemed to help. No wireless net, in the area, was recognized at all. It kept pointing me to the main network window.
I mucked around with the non-SNS network settings, and that didn't help.
I shutdown the system.
4. Powered up. Everything came up fine, including the network. It has been fine ever since. I have rebooted several times since then, without any problems.

Something about the installation process messes up the network settings, but only for the second reboot. All further reboots seem to work fine.
It's every boot now for me, no connection whatsoever, network scan in network wizard not finding any network.

Code: Select all

ifconfig wlan0 up

siocsifflags: device not found
Last edited by stiginge on Tue 30 Aug 2011, 07:25, edited 1 time in total.
Buy silver, crash JPMorgan

Colonel Panic

#108 Post by Colonel Panic »

I like the name, which is very close to "Dog of Two Head" (a Status Quo album), some of which I remember fondly from my teens :) Doubt that will have positive associations for many other Puppy users though.

More seriously, I prefer the look of the later Lucids to the earlier ones (such as 520). The wallpapers in particular are getting smarter now.
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

TIW

#109 Post by TIW »

Hello. Thank you for another great Puppy. I wonder however, if someone could let me know, why I can not connect to the Internet by 3G modem. I am perfectly able to connect using Quirky 142. What is the difference between Lupu 528 and Quirky 142 in regard to Internet connection drivers ? Thanks for your help.

TIW

One problem sold. One new one appears.

#110 Post by TIW »

Hi again. The above problem of not being able to connect to the Internet by 3G modem has fixed itself. Don’t ask me how. I did a new install and was able to connect. That problem solved I encountered a new one.

The application bcrypt is not working. Since I do use it frequently with Quirky 142 I would really appreciate if I had it available in lucid 528 too.
Has anyone ells problems with bcrypt ? How can that be fixed ? Thank for your help.

Béèm
Location: Brussels IBM Thinkpad R40, 256MB, 20GB, WiFi ipw2100. Frugal Lin'N'Win

#111 Post by Béèm »

TIW,
Saying an application isn't working here, but works elsewhere isn't very helpful to help diagnose the issue.
You should give precise details on what you do and what you see.
Copy/paste of error messages, screenshots f.e.
Time savers:
Find packages in a snap and install using Puppy Package Manager (Menu).
[url=http://puppylinux.org/wikka/HomePage]Consult Wikka[/url]
Use peppyy's [url=http://wellminded.com/puppy/pupsearch.html]puppysearch[/url]

ilanrab

#112 Post by ilanrab »

stiginge wrote:
ilanrab wrote: I had the same exact wlan0 issue, right after the Two-Headed Dog 528 installation,...
It's every boot now for me, no connection whatsoever, network scan in network wizard not finding any network.
UPDATE: After a few days I noticed that the network kept dropping every hour or two.
I went to Puppy's internet menu and selected "Frisbee Network Manager Install".
The installation went flawlessly. I rebooted.
The network connectivity has been operating flawlessly since the Frisbee installation.
[b]ir[/b]